Windows 10: Disk space getting used very fast

Discus and support Disk space getting used very fast in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So to put it into context I cleared up close to 2 gigs of space yesterday. I go back today and I have 70mb space, there were no updates to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/C0nfusedBoy, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Disk space getting used very fast

So to put it into context I cleared up close to 2 gigs of space yesterday. I go back today and I have 70mb space, there were no updates to my knowledge. What’s happening to my storage space?

submitted by /u/C0nfusedBoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/C0nfusedBoy, Sep 26, 2020

2. hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 26, 2020
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Disk space getting used very fast

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Disk space getting used very fast

1. Disk space getting used very fast - Similar Threads - Disk space getting

2. Storage Spaces won't use all disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces won't use all disk space: I have allocated 5 drives 3x 4TB HDD, 2x 8TB HDD to my storage space and created a simple pool on it. No redundancy While total disk space is 25.4 TB 3.63*3 + 7.27*2 and I've allocated all of it to my pool my programs fails to write anything more to the pool.It says no space...
  3. Storage Spaces won't use all disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces won't use all disk space: I have allocated 5 drives 3x 4TB HDD, 2x 8TB HDD to my storage space and created a simple pool on it. No redundancy While total disk space is 25.4 TB 3.63*3 + 7.27*2 and I've allocated all of it to my pool my programs fails to write anything more to the pool.It says no space...
  4. My OS gets corrupted very fast.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My OS gets corrupted very fast.: Hello!On the 3rd January I have reinstalled Windows 10 LTSC, on the 21st January I got a BSOD, today when I tried to turn on my PC it again gave a BSOD, after 3 BSODs with error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_PROCESS_DIED I got a BSOD with error...
  5. My OS gets corrupted very fast.

My OS gets corrupted very fast.: Hello!On the 3rd January I have reinstalled Windows 10 LTSC, on the 21st January I got a BSOD, today when I tried to turn on my PC it again gave a BSOD, after 3 BSODs with error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_PROCESS_DIED I got a BSOD with error...
  6. My OS gets corrupted very fast.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Used disk space keeps shrinking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Used disk space keeps shrinking: I have a 256 SSD and I was assigned for the C: partition 142 GB, at first there was 90 GB of space free, now it's 100 GB of free space, no I haven't turned on Storage Sense or any Disk saving utilities outside nor inside windows. Can anyone explain what is happening and how...
  8. Used disk space keeps shrinking

Used disk space keeps shrinking: I have a 256 SSD and I was assigned for the C: partition 142 GB, at first there was 90 GB of space free, now it's 100 GB of free space, no I haven't turned on Storage Sense or any Disk saving utilities outside nor inside windows. Can anyone explain what is happening and how...
  9. Disk space used but can't find it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk space used but can't find it: Hi, I have a problem : too much of my hard drive space is being taken but I can't seem to find from where the size is taken browsing with windows Explorer. Any idea ?...
  10. Disk Properties is getting free space and used space wrong on my disk drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Properties is getting free space and used space wrong on my disk drives: I have a LOT of disk drives attached to my desktop under windows 10. I was surprised recently to get a message that there was not enough free space to hold all of the files and folders that I was trying to move. Free space in Explorer said 1.3 TB. Actual free space turned...