Windows 10: Disk Space not freed after uninstalling a game on xbox app on windows.

Discus and support Disk Space not freed after uninstalling a game on xbox app on windows. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i uninstalled the game Final Fantasy 15 via xbox app on windows, but the 80+GB disk space were not being freed. I looked in the "WindowsApps"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MisterML, Nov 11, 2020.

1. MisterML Win User

Disk Space not freed after uninstalling a game on xbox app on windows.

Hello,

i uninstalled the game Final Fantasy 15 via xbox app on windows, but the 80+GB disk space were not being freed.

I looked in the "WindowsApps" folder and there was a FinalFantasy folder, taking up 80+GB of disk space.

Unfortunately I am not able to delete this folder.

I gave me permission to enter the WindowsApps folder, but when I try to delete the FinalFantasy folder, it says, that I have to get permission from the SYSTEM.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the xbox app didn't work.

Can someone please help me in this matter?

Regards

:)

MisterML, Nov 11, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

1. Did you empty the recycle bin ? If not, empty it.
    2. Delete the contents under: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
      Those are downloaded Windows Updates files and already installed.
    3. Open Admin command, copy and paste the line below then run:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
      This should remove all the no longer used by component store. Will take a while to run.

topgundcp, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

As the title suggests, only 9 gigabytes of disk space appear to have been freed after deleting roughly 18 gigabytes worth of old Windows files via Windows Disk Cleanup. Since the Windows.old folder still exists even after the cleanup, I decided to check the folder properties to see if the folder still took up some space, but it was completely empty, save for a few empty subfolders that I didn't have permission to delete myself. I tried Disk Cleanup a second time, but it did not give me the option to delete old Windows files. Anybody got an answer for me? Please hurry. My poor SSD is suffering. It needs more games.

SpaseMonkey, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Disk Space not freed after uninstalling a game on xbox app on windows.

After uninstall disk space didn't freed up

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 didn't free up Space after Uninstall
    So, i downloaded Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox Game Pass. I played it for quite some time and decided to uninstall it, i right click the Flight Simulator icon on the Xbox App and clicked Uninstall. It took some time and then the icon disappeared,
    the icon on the desktop was still there tho'. I manually deleted it and checked my disk space after the uninstall and strangely it didn't free any space on my C: drive where it was installed. I had it installed on C: drive and now i cannot find the files to
    manually delete them. I've searched each and every folder in C: yet the space doesn't add up. I dont know where these files go after uninstall so if anybody were to know, please help me out. Thanks!

Akshay S Salian, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Disk Space not freed after uninstalling a game on xbox app on windows.

1. Disk Space not freed after uninstalling a game on xbox app on windows. - Similar Threads - Disk Space freed

2. After uninstalling Halo Wars 2, the disk space was not freed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After uninstalling Halo Wars 2, the disk space was not freed.: Hi,After uninstalling Halo wars 2 on windows 11 and bought through the windows store, the system didn't free up the 50 gb the game took; and I can't find the files to delete them manually. Also, I can't reinstall the game to try to uninstall it again since I was left only...
  3. After uninstalling Halo Wars 2, the disk space was not freed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After uninstalling Halo Wars 2, the disk space was not freed.: Hi,After uninstalling Halo wars 2 on windows 11 and bought through the windows store, the system didn't free up the 50 gb the game took; and I can't find the files to delete them manually. Also, I can't reinstall the game to try to uninstall it again since I was left only...
  4. No storage freed up after uninstalling games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No storage freed up after uninstalling games: I have two SSD drives in my laptop and I try to keep on of them just for my OS. I realized that two games over 150GB were installed on my OS drive. I have uninstalled the two games but in the storage settings and the file explorer it doesn't show that any storage was freed...
  5. No storage freed up after uninstalling games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No storage freed up after uninstalling games: I have two SSD drives in my laptop and I try to keep on of them just for my OS. I realized that two games over 150GB were installed on my OS drive. I have uninstalled the two games but in the storage settings and the file explorer it doesn't show that any storage was freed...
  6. XBOX PC files not freeing disk space after uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    XBOX PC files not freeing disk space after uninstall: The games that I have deleted are no longer show anywhere that I can find, however theyre still taking up disk space. I have deleted them via the xbox app, and the WindowsApp folder.I have attempted to delete via disk cleanup however there arent any files in the delivery...
  7. After uninstall disk space didn't freed up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After uninstall disk space didn't freed up: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 didn't free up Space after Uninstall So, i downloaded Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox Game Pass. I played it for quite some time and decided to uninstall it, i right click the Flight Simulator icon on the Xbox App and clicked...
  8. Disk space not freed up after uninstalling games downloaded from Windows store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk space not freed up after uninstalling games downloaded from Windows store: I downloaded Metro: Exodus a while back and found out I can't play it anymore today because it was removed from XGP :( So I uninstalled it but apparently it's not fully deleted and my disk space is not reclaimed. Since I only have a 500GB SSD, my space is quite limited, what...
  9. C Drive not reclaiming freed disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive not reclaiming freed disk space: My C drive is showing less than 60GB space free out of 917GB, even though I just moved nearly 150GB worth of files to the cloud (OneDrive). So it should be showing over 200GB fee. How do I get the space back? Note: I have already run Disk Cleanup....
  10. Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed: As the title suggests, only 9 gigabytes of disk space appear to have been freed after deleting roughly 18 gigabytes worth of old Windows files via Windows Disk Cleanup. Since the Windows.old folder still exists even after the cleanup, I decided to check the folder properties...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted game from xbox pc but storage didnt change