Windows 10: Disk Space Status following Windows 10 Reset

Discus and support Disk Space Status following Windows 10 Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am resetting an old PC that I plan to donate, sell or give away. I am using the Windows 10 "Reset this PC" feature with the options "remove apps and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JLSchutt, Feb 9, 2021.

1. JLSchutt Win User

Disk Space Status following Windows 10 Reset

I am resetting an old PC that I plan to donate, sell or give away. I am using the Windows 10 "Reset this PC" feature with the options "remove apps and files", "clean the drive" and "download and reinstall Windows" (cloud download). Will this procedure adequately erase all file space left behind from the previous installation? In the past when I've parted with an old PC I have erased the unused space with CCleaner or something similar.

:)

JLSchutt, Feb 9, 2021

2. Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Disk Space Status following Windows 10 Reset

How to Free Up Disk Space in Windows 10

Hello,

There are factors to consider should you are running low on disk space in Windows 10. One reason is the
    temporary internet files being saved on your hard drive. We suggest
    performing a disk clean up to help you free some hard drive space. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Disk Space Status following Windows 10 Reset

1. Disk Space Status following Windows 10 Reset - Similar Threads - Disk Space Status

2. factory reset, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    factory reset, not enough disk space: i was gonna factory reset my laptop but it says i don’t have enough disk space. i’ve forgotten the password to my admin account and don’t have any local accounts so i can’t clear up some space that way. is there a way to clear up space without having to log in or force it to...
  3. factory reset, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    factory reset, not enough disk space: i was gonna factory reset my laptop but it says i don’t have enough disk space. i’ve forgotten the password to my admin account and don’t have any local accounts so i can’t clear up some space that way. is there a way to clear up space without having to log in or force it to...
  4. factory reset, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 updates resetting to original status.

Windows 10 updates resetting to original status.: Windows 10 updates reset my computer to original status every time I reboot. I cannot now access the Start button to reset my preferences. Neither can I access the Search feature or Cortana for help. Very frustrated at this situation and need help!...
  6. windows 10 full disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 full disk space: Hi I can't use microsoft Outlook getting a massage " the drive that contains your data file is out of disk space" My drive E is showing: 931GB used. 968 KB free. than is shows " Other 896GB" I don't know what this is, when i click on it i only see :...
  7. Missing disk space after resetting windows 10

Missing disk space after resetting windows 10: Hi all, I had 3 main partitioned drives before full resetting windows 10 (factory reset). After that, I have just C: now and its capacity is 170GB although my hard is 1 TB. I cannot shrink it more than 80GB!!!! Where did all that space go???????!!!!!! There is no...
  8. Windows 10 activation following reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation following reset: I have a laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10 upon it's release from Windows 8.1. Since then it's become very slow and refused to install the latest Windows update. As a result I reset my laptop, keeping my documents. Upon starting up again, I'm being told that Windows 10...
  9. Can't reset laptop due to no disk space!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reset laptop due to no disk space!: Hi, This is yet another person looking for help regarding an Hp stream! I only use my laptop for crafting so this is why I bought the cheap Hp stream. My laptop started playing up a couple of days ago so I decided to delete everything and so I could do a factory reset. But...
  10. hard reset low disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard reset low disk space: i am trying to hard reset my lenovo miix 320 on windows 10 but each time it comes up an error messsaage saying there isnt enough disk space, ive done recommended things uninstalled apps disk degradmenter threre is nearly 32gb free storage so unsure why this is happening. is...