Windows 10: Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive

Discus and support Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro on a 2 TB drive 64 bit. I have files that I like to access in multiple locations. My practice has been to have the file in one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charles Kenyon, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive

I have Windows 10 Pro on a 2 TB drive 64 bit.

I have files that I like to access in multiple locations. My practice has been to have the file in one location and use shortcuts in the other locations. Most of these files are 25 Kb or less in size. Do I save any disk space by using the shortcuts 3 Kb?

What is the minimum space allocated in the file system?

:)

Charles Kenyon, Oct 29, 2020
  2. GGrimes1 Win User

Installed 4 TB disk, ended up with 2 TB disk and 1.6 TB unallocated.

I installed a Western Digital Black 4 TB disk with the NTSF file system with the New Simple Volume. It replaced a Western Digital Blue 2 TB drive as the G drive. Ended up with a 2 TB disk and 1.6 unallocated. Please tell me how to fix this. I really
    don't know what I'm doing

GGrimes1, Oct 29, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive

New simple space in Disk Management (files not appearing)

Hello. I am having problems with a hard drive. My drive was not showing up in "This PC" and I created new simple space in Disk Management. Now, the new volume shows up in "This PC", but it is not possible to see my files. The size of the hard drive is
    now 1.81 TB instead of 2 TB, which may mean that I have not lost the files. Could you please guide me through the steps to get my files back? Thank you.

Shahin Huseynli, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive

1. Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive - Similar Threads - Disk space taken

2. Size of folders isn't the same as size taken up in disk space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Size of folders isn't the same as size taken up in disk space.: I just got a new laptop a few weeks ago, and most of the storage is already taken up. Also, the size of the folders isn't even close to the amount of space shown in the drive. I only have 5GB left and in some cases have to use other devices to complete my work. If anyone has...
  3. Windows 10 and hard drive larger than 2 TB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and hard drive larger than 2 TB: I installed a 4 Tb hard drive on a HP computer. Windows Professional, 64-bit. It works fine, but leave me with a 2 Tb unallocated section. I tried twice to change from MBR to GTP, and both times it failed to boot and I had to reinstall windows each time. I can't use...
  4. USB 2 TB flash drive

USB 2 TB flash drive: My computer read this usb drive at one time now isnt reading it. Can anyone help. I checked the drivers and the settings but it hasnt helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-2-tb-flash-drive/8eaf1b7f-26d1-4e4d-9152-065263607892
  5. Running Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk: Recently, my son and I built a computer for him to play video games. We installed a 1 TB EVO solid state drive. Now, three months later, his C: drive shows used 930 GBs and he is requesting a 2nd drive. When I asked what he had on there he said the majority of that 930...
  6. Installed 4 TB disk, ended up with 2 TB disk and 1.6 TB unallocated.

Installed 4 TB disk, ended up with 2 TB disk and 1.6 TB unallocated.: I installed a Western Digital Black 4 TB disk with the NTSF file system with the New Simple Volume. It replaced a Western Digital Blue 2 TB drive as the G drive. Ended up with a 2 TB disk and 1.6 unallocated. Please tell me how to fix this. I really don't know what I'm...
  7. Free up space taken by Update files.

Free up space taken by Update files.: How can i free up space taken by uninstalled update files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space-taken-by-update-files/939fa1c7-42e5-49be-a5f8-195a4e45f3ef"
  8. large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB

large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB: Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB and an unallocated partition of 1678 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything as all options presented when I right click are greyed out....
  9. Files showing up as data taken up on disk, but now visible on Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Files showing up as data taken up on disk, but now visible on Windows: Windows 64 bit Pro This is the situation: 1. Installed windows on laptop 2. Took the disk form laptop and put it in desktop 3. Copied files from desktop disk to laptop disk - Copied and pasted files show up on destination disk no problem. IV. Put disk with new data back...
  10. Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB

Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB: Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything....