Windows 10: Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive

Discus and support Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro on a 2 TB drive 64 bit. I have files that I like to access in multiple locations. My practice has been to have the file in one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charles Kenyon, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive

I have Windows 10 Pro on a 2 TB drive 64 bit.

I have files that I like to access in multiple locations. My practice has been to have the file in one location and use shortcuts in the other locations. Most of these files are 25 Kb or less in size. Do I save any disk space by using the shortcuts 3 Kb?

What is the minimum space allocated in the file system?

:)

Charles Kenyon, Oct 29, 2020
  2. GGrimes1 Win User

Installed 4 TB disk, ended up with 2 TB disk and 1.6 TB unallocated.

I installed a Western Digital Black 4 TB disk with the NTSF file system with the New Simple Volume. It replaced a Western Digital Blue 2 TB drive as the G drive. Ended up with a 2 TB disk and 1.6 unallocated. Please tell me how to fix this. I really
    don't know what I'm doing

GGrimes1, Oct 29, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive

New simple space in Disk Management (files not appearing)

Hello. I am having problems with a hard drive. My drive was not showing up in "This PC" and I created new simple space in Disk Management. Now, the new volume shows up in "This PC", but it is not possible to see my files. The size of the hard drive is
    now 1.81 TB instead of 2 TB, which may mean that I have not lost the files. Could you please guide me through the steps to get my files back? Thank you.

Shahin Huseynli, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive

1. Disk space taken up by shortcut file - Windows 10 - 2 TB drive - Similar Threads - Disk space taken

2. Space being taken up on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Space being taken up on Windows 10?: Hi,I hope you're all having a good day! :Someone recently reset a laptop I'm using.There was a problem with activating windows once reset said it wasn't activated, couldn't find product key. Saw it said it was Windows 10 Enterprise, found a default code for Windows 10 Pro,...
  3. Space being taken up on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space being taken up on Windows 10?: Hi,I hope you're all having a good day! :Someone recently reset a laptop I'm using.There was a problem with activating windows once reset said it wasn't activated, couldn't find product key. Saw it said it was Windows 10 Enterprise, found a default code for Windows 10 Pro,...
  4. Space being taken up on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Free Disk Space being taken up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Disk Space being taken up: Hello, I recently got a new laptop with one terabyte of space, well, exactly 952 GB.I've installed all of my steam games, which were alot of gigabytes, but not too much, I only installed like 200 GB of steam games, and then, few weeks of just doing random stuff on my laptop,...
  6. Free Disk Space being taken up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Disk Space being taken up: Hello, I recently got a new laptop with one terabyte of space, well, exactly 952 GB.I've installed all of my steam games, which were alot of gigabytes, but not too much, I only installed like 200 GB of steam games, and then, few weeks of just doing random stuff on my laptop,...
  7. Free Disk Space being taken up

8. Hard drive space being taken up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive space being taken up: Hello Microsoft forums! So I have a problem on my computer with my hard drive, so, my hard drive is 111gb, i know its not alot but my computer broke and i had to get a new hard rive and this was the cheapest offer, but i was recently trying to download unreal engine to make a...
  9. Installed 4 TB disk, ended up with 2 TB disk and 1.6 TB unallocated.

Installed 4 TB disk, ended up with 2 TB disk and 1.6 TB unallocated.: I installed a Western Digital Black 4 TB disk with the NTSF file system with the New Simple Volume. It replaced a Western Digital Blue 2 TB drive as the G drive. Ended up with a 2 TB disk and 1.6 unallocated. Please tell me how to fix this. I really don't know what I'm...
  10. Free up space taken by Update files.

Free up space taken by Update files.: How can i free up space taken by uninstalled update files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space-taken-by-update-files/939fa1c7-42e5-49be-a5f8-195a4e45f3ef"