Windows 10: Disk Space Vanishes by Uninstalling files improperly

Discus and support Disk Space Vanishes by Uninstalling files improperly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, Recently I've uninstalled nvidia drivers from file repository through cmd commands. I deleted almost 15gb space worth of previous nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by aakash12, Mar 7, 2018.

1. aakash12 Win User

Disk Space Vanishes by Uninstalling files improperly

Hey guys,
    Recently I've uninstalled nvidia drivers from file repository through cmd commands. I deleted almost 15gb space worth of previous nvidia drivers but those space doesn't add up on drive. I run windirstat and it says 76.2gb space is used but when i check through drive properties it says 88.1gb. Is there any way to fix this..
    Disk Space Vanishes by Uninstalling files improperly [​IMG]

:)

aakash12, Mar 7, 2018

2. DRM issues after start up with the Creators Update.

Same is happening to me too.

Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid. The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification. The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.dll

Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid. The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification. The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\WinMetadata\Windows.Graphics.winmd

TheRedBatman89, Mar 7, 2018
  3. i face high usage disk space 100%

how big is your disk space again?

uninstall programs and delete unwanted files.

Rasheed Mandeep, Mar 7, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Have you run disk cleanup that should sort it out

Samuria, Mar 7, 2018
  5. aakash12 Win User
    Yes I have. But it doesn't fix it.
    I uninstalled couple of old nvidia drivers which keeps on adding after each nvidia driver update.
    I kind of find a way to do that through command prompt, but now i have no access to couple of GB of my harddrive.

aakash12, Mar 7, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    Try uncleaner that's safe and shifts a lot others don't can't post link on phone you will find it on Google

Samuria, Mar 7, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    A couple of things Windows has is to press the Windows key + R and type %temp%, opens that folder and most things in it can be deleted [a few will be in use and can't be] and empty the Recycle Bin. Could also resize the amount of space assigned to the bin if disk space is critical. Another is to reduce the size of the Virtual Memory/swapfile/paging file but if the computer is running everything okay I'd leave it alone, most times increasing that file size is needed, not reducing it. The paging file is on the boot drive [but can be moved] used to offload lesser-used items from RAM/Random Access Memory when running programs that need more.

Berton, Mar 7, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

Try Windows own tool in Settings > System > Storage. You can double-click on each item in the list to drill down to a more detailed breakdown. I suspect you may find the space is being used by 'This PC (CDisk Space Vanishes by Uninstalling files improperly :) > System & reserved > System restore'.

Bree, Mar 7, 2018
  9. aakash12 Win User
    I tried Uncleaner but it still doesn't free up those hidden spaces.

aakash12, Mar 7, 2018
  10. aakash12 Win User
    I've cleared all the junk and temporary files but still there is no way to locate those missing spaces. I've tried these all, but still cannot find the way out.

aakash12, Mar 7, 2018
  11. aakash12 Win User
    There is no disk space occupied by System Restore. those disk space are no longer usuable and i cannot locate what have occupied those spaces. I just literally lose around 14gb of my disk space through improper uninstallation of files.

aakash12, Mar 7, 2018
  12. Bree New Member
    Then if you can't find the space listed anywhere as being in use, time to run chkdsk /f and see if there are any lost clusters.

13. aakash12 Win User

This thing is bugging me while using chkdsk

aakash12, Mar 7, 2018
  14. lx07 Win User
    I was thinking that but the situation seems to be reversed - WinDirStat is showing less space used (76.2) than Disk Properties (88.1GB). Normally it is the other way around - there are orphaned restore points that can't be deleted (or seen in Windows) but can be seen in products like WinDirStat.

I think it may just be the way the used space is calculated and reported. If you press F6 in WinDirStat it will show the Free Space.

For me TreeSize Free, WinDirStat and Disk Properties agree about free space (13GB in my case). What they disagree about is used space (TreeSize is 87.8GB, WinDirStat 85.9GB (99-13.1) and Disk Properties 93.3GB). I believe that Disk Properties is higher as it doesn't take account (some types of) of compressed files.

They can't even agree on the size of the disk - TreeSize and Disk Properties show 106GB (correct according to diskpart) while WinDirStat thinks it is 99GB for some unknown reason (seemingly adding up allocated sizes and then adding free space) . Code: DISKPART> list vol Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume 0 C MacBook NTFS Partition 106 GB Healthy Boot Volume 1 D ReFS Partition 6144 MB Healthy Volume 2 Recovery NTFS Partition 450 MB Healthy Hidden Volume 3 FAT32 Partition 100 MB Healthy System[/quote]
    I'd suggest trying TreeSize anyway but there is nothing to suggest you have lost 14GB unless you can see it as a file or in as a directory somewhere. More likely you are just seeing reporting differences.

15. lx07 Win User
    If you want to run it (never a bad idea) say "Y" then reboot before you go to bed as it may take several hours.

Thema:

1. Disk Space Vanishes by Uninstalling files improperly - Similar Threads - Disk Space Vanishes

2. Vanishing Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vanishing Files: HiI have a brand-new, one month old, Dell laptop with Windows 11 Home Single Language OS. Whenever I want to install an app like VLC player, zoom, Adobe reader, HP printer, a new browser, etc. etc., I first download the application file in a folder named "downloads" in a...
  3. Vanishing Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vanishing Files: HiI have a brand-new, one month old, Dell laptop with Windows 11 Home Single Language OS. Whenever I want to install an app like VLC player, zoom, Adobe reader, HP printer, a new browser, etc. etc., I first download the application file in a folder named "downloads" in a...
  4. Uninstalled a Game but Disk Space still occupied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled a Game but Disk Space still occupied: So i recently uninstalled Forza Horizon 5 from my System because i wasn't playing it anymore and i wanted to install other games on my precious SSD. Firstly i tried to move the games Data to one of my HDDs via Storage sense, but after like 30 mins of waiting, the game was not...
  5. Uninstalled a Game but Disk Space still occupied

Uninstalled a Game but Disk Space still occupied: So i recently uninstalled Forza Horizon 5 from my System because i wasn't playing it anymore and i wanted to install other games on my precious SSD. Firstly i tried to move the games Data to one of my HDDs via Storage sense, but after like 30 mins of waiting, the game was not...
  6. Files vanished

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files vanished: I updated to windows 11 a month ago and all was fine, 2 weeks plus ago was when i last used my laptop, all files were still intact by then and i shut it down until today where i turned it on and found 90 percent of my files vanished, they are very important to me as they are...
  7. Files vanished

Files vanished: I updated to windows 11 a month ago and all was fine, 2 weeks plus ago was when i last used my laptop, all files were still intact by then and i shut it down until today where i turned it on and found 90 percent of my files vanished, they are very important to me as they are...
  8. XBOX PC files not freeing disk space after uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    XBOX PC files not freeing disk space after uninstall: The games that I have deleted are no longer show anywhere that I can find, however theyre still taking up disk space. I have deleted them via the xbox app, and the WindowsApp folder.I have attempted to delete via disk cleanup however there arent any files in the delivery...
  9. Fallout76 disk space not returned on uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout76 disk space not returned on uninstall: Hi there everyone. Sorry if this has been asked/answered before. So i've uninstalled FO76 from my C: today, and the 90gb it took up hasn't become free again. There are no FO files remaining that I can find, and adding up the C: usage doesn't match up with the remaining...
  10. Vanishing SSD Space ... :\

in Windows 10 Support
    Vanishing SSD Space ... :\: What ? About a week ago I had 55 GB free. Now I only have 27. Why ? My downloads folder is clean. So is my trash folder. If I right-click everything (including hidden files) in the C: drive, it says 62 GB. If I right-click the whole drive, it says 84 GB used. It doesn't make...