Windows 10: Disk Space

Discus and support Disk Space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ive been trying to update windows 10 vs 1903. It prompt me to attach a hard drive for more space. Once updates begins it stops at a certain point with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LyndaCaesar, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Disk Space

Ive been trying to update windows 10 vs 1903. It prompt me to attach a hard drive for more space. Once updates begins it stops at a certain point with same statement not enough disk space to update windows 10. please assist.

:)

LyndaCaesar, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Sep 23, 2019
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Disk Space

hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Disk Space

1. Disk Space - Similar Threads - Disk Space

2. Event ID 2013 Low disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event ID 2013 Low disk space: I have Windows 10 Professional and also Windows 10 Home. I would like to be able to generate a low disk space event in the logs, which I understand is event id 2013. I've followed several guides, but those guides are always for some version of Windows Server. None of those...
  3. you are running out of disk space on system reserved - Windows 10 -

you are running out of disk space on system reserved - Windows 10 -: Hello, Happy to Microsoft Community Celebrating 10 Years. How can I solve this problem? I should extend System Reserved Partition with 3rd party software? Is extend System Reserved Partition dangerously? and can be damage Windows? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  4. SSD disk space required for Win 10 OS with programs installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD disk space required for Win 10 OS with programs installed: My SSD is 256GB with 2 partitions. One for the OS (50GB) the other for data (188GB). My OS installation with programs installed takes up 30GB (w/recycle bin, 4GB page, no hibernate). Is this sufficient or do I need to expand the OS partition? Thanks! 142305
  5. Hard disk free space and total folder size don't add up

Hard disk free space and total folder size don't add up: I'm trying to free up my hard disk for Windows updates but the numbers don't add up. In folder options I chose both "Show hidden files, folders, and drivers" and unchecked "Hide protected operating system files". I tried Disk Cleanup and scanned with Windows Defenders but...
  6. Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space

Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space: i installed ubuntu with windows like in a dual boot setup after sometime i didn't required it so i deleted ubuntu and removed the dual boot... now when i try to reclaim the partition of around 45 GB to be used for ubuntu i am neither able to merge it with my main data drive...
  7. There is insufficient disk space to complete operation on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    There is insufficient disk space to complete operation on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Error Copying File or Folder – There is insufficient disk space to complete operation is caused due to factors like lack of disk space, disk corruption, etc. This message usually pops up when a user is trying to move or [...] This post There is insufficient...
  8. Freeing up Disk Space??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeing up Disk Space??: My computer is almost new with almost no programs added. I've also gone through and deleted some unwanted programs. Yet it won't let me add anything new because it says I don't have enough disk space. My sister thinks I may have a virus but I can't even install anti-virus...
  9. Windows Update “insufficient disk space” even after disk clean up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update “insufficient disk space” even after disk clean up.: I have a tablet pc loaded with Windows 10 version 1511. I cannot use Windows Update to change to latest version because it responds “insufficient disk space”, even though I have done everything possible to clear the “C” drive of unnecessary files etc. I understand...
  10. Customizing Disk Space Pie in Disk Properties?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Disk Space Pie in Disk Properties?: Could really use some help here please. I would love to change the pie graph in Windows 10 back to the old one. Here's what it looks like in Windows 7: [ATTACH] And in Windows 10 (with Classic theme): [ATTACH] And what I ideally would want it to look like:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk space if heavily occupied