Windows 10: Disk Space

Discus and support Disk Space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ive been trying to update windows 10 vs 1903. It prompt me to attach a hard drive for more space. Once updates begins it stops at a certain point with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LyndaCaesar, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Disk Space

Ive been trying to update windows 10 vs 1903. It prompt me to attach a hard drive for more space. Once updates begins it stops at a certain point with same statement not enough disk space to update windows 10. please assist.

:)

LyndaCaesar, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Sep 23, 2019
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Disk Space

hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Disk Space

1. Disk Space - Similar Threads - Disk Space

2. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  3. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  4. do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?: i made a vhd in windows 11, and i was wondering this. if i made my vhd 1 tb, then would it take up actual space or is the tb from the server?...
  5. do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?

do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?: i made a vhd in windows 11, and i was wondering this. if i made my vhd 1 tb, then would it take up actual space or is the tb from the server?...
  6. Local disk not geting any space after i deleted programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local disk not geting any space after i deleted programs.: i see my laptop is close to have no space left so i want to free it up i have deleted programs and checked roaminning app data local tooi founded files that weren't deleted i deleted them for nowAfter theyre was deleted they boosted it to 185Which file i should check to boost...
  7. Local disk not geting any space after i deleted programs.

Local disk not geting any space after i deleted programs.: i see my laptop is close to have no space left so i want to free it up i have deleted programs and checked roaminning app data local tooi founded files that weren't deleted i deleted them for nowAfter theyre was deleted they boosted it to 185Which file i should check to boost...
  8. Disk Space issues Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Space issues Windows: I've encountered disk space problems on my Windows 10 64-bit system version 22H2. Upon running TreeSize, I've identified several system folders consuming excessive space:WinSXSSoftware Distribution - DownloadsInstallerI attempted to minimize the space occupied by WinSXS by...
  9. Disk Space issues Windows

Disk Space issues Windows: I've encountered disk space problems on my Windows 10 64-bit system version 22H2. Upon running TreeSize, I've identified several system folders consuming excessive space:WinSXSSoftware Distribution - DownloadsInstallerI attempted to minimize the space occupied by WinSXS by...
  10. Disk Space issues Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk space if heavily occupied