Windows 10: Disk stays at 0%

Discus and support Disk stays at 0% in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Noticed that my Edge was a little slow loading images or opening other web sites. Went to Task Manager and found Disk stays at 0%. "NOT 100%". Have had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Mar 1, 2019.

1. cfourkays Win User

Disk stays at 0%

Noticed that my Edge was a little slow loading images or opening other web sites.
    Went to Task Manager and found Disk stays at 0%. "NOT 100%".
    Have had the 100% on a lot of customers but never the opposite.
    Try Googling that and you'll get a ton of entries but they all have to do with 100%.
    No matter what I do, it just shows a steady 0%.
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Mar 1, 2019

2. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since
    the SSD is Disk 1 the Ubuntu install goes directly to Disk 0 because Disk 0 is first on the list. How can I switch the two Disks so my SSD drive is Disk 0? Thanks.

Katie Witkin, Mar 1, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

Step #5 - in the command window that opens type:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0 <- make sure disk 0 is the hard drive in question!
    clean <- this will erase the disk selected above - make sure disk 0 is the hard drive you want!
    convert gpt
    exit
    exit

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Disk stays at 0%

help raid 0

so what is the step by step to set up raid 0?
    First, format both ssd to the same format: NTFS
    Second, change sata mode in bios from ahci to Raid
    Third, save bios and reboot, press Ctril+ I to enter Raid setup
    Fourth, make a raid disk

is it right?

mrthanhnguyen, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Disk stays at 0%

1. Disk stays at 0% - Similar Threads - Disk stays

2. My Windows 10 disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows 10 disk: I bought a Windows 10 disk to upgrade my computer from Windows XP x64. I've had nothing but problems with it. My other components just won't place nice with it. I'm planning on purchasing a new computer and I want to use my Windows 10 disk to install Windows on it. I will...
  3. Hard disk missing after windows update completed in background

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard disk missing after windows update completed in background: There is a problem that has happened two times in a month, until now. Same thing every time. I was playing a game and suddenly it closes itself, without me pressing any command. Right after it is closed I try to open Total Commander, but I can't, the shortcut doesn't work. I...
  4. ESD folder on disk C

in Windows 10 Support
    ESD folder on disk C: Could this folder be used to run a dism restorehealth and if so what would the cmd look like to direct the repair. I just seem not to be able to direct the dism direction, thanks. Oh and it has and install esd in the sources folder. 129392
  5. Fix Diskpart failed to clear disk attributes error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Diskpart failed to clear disk attributes error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Diskpart Tool is a command line tool that can be used to manage partitions in a Windows system. It offers all the functions of Disk ManagementTool and a more. However, in some cases, the Diskpart utility is unable to [...] This post Fix Diskpart failed...
  6. Cannot mount a disk over LAN when PIN is activated - how to get rid of PIN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot mount a disk over LAN when PIN is activated - how to get rid of PIN?: I cannot mount a disk when the PIN is activated as login in windows 10. How do I get rid of that function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-mount-a-disk-over-lan-when-pin-is-activated/51f0b9d9-82d1-4ca7-9fc2-220422030bad
  7. Task manager shows disk usage at hundred percent and performance is slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager shows disk usage at hundred percent and performance is slow: I've only had this computer for three months. It is recently started slowing down. Task Manager shows disk usage at 100%. I made the registry changes suggested in the applicable KB but that didn't help. There is a lot of discussion on the Internet of this problem but no one...
  8. Do I need to nominate the boot disk in a new multiple disk system?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need to nominate the boot disk in a new multiple disk system?: I recently had an ultimately unsolved problem with an existing Win 10 computer when trying to install & use an extra hard drive. I could see the extra drive and could use it normally but only for around a half dozen cold boots of the system. The system would then fail to boot...
  9. Windows 10 1809 installs outside selected disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 installs outside selected disk: I have a problem installing Windows 10 1809. I have 4 hard drives in my setup. Drive 1 OS Drive 2 Files Drive 3 Programs Drive 4 Backup During installation, i delete every partition on drive Drive 1 OS and continue with the installation. Typically, windows...
  10. Disk stays at 0%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk stays at 0%: Noticed that my Edge was a little slow loading images or opening other web sites. Went to Task Manager and found Disk stays at 0%. "NOT 100%". Have had the 100% on a lot of customers but never the opposite. Try Googling that and you'll get a ton of entries but they all have...