Windows 10: Disk stays at 0%

Discus and support Disk stays at 0% in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Noticed that my Edge was a little slow loading images or opening other web sites. Went to Task Manager and found Disk stays at 0%. "NOT 100%". Have had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Mar 1, 2019.

1. cfourkays Win User

Disk stays at 0%

Noticed that my Edge was a little slow loading images or opening other web sites.
    Went to Task Manager and found Disk stays at 0%. "NOT 100%".
    Have had the 100% on a lot of customers but never the opposite.
    Try Googling that and you'll get a ton of entries but they all have to do with 100%.
    No matter what I do, it just shows a steady 0%.
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Mar 1, 2019

2. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since
    the SSD is Disk 1 the Ubuntu install goes directly to Disk 0 because Disk 0 is first on the list. How can I switch the two Disks so my SSD drive is Disk 0? Thanks.

Katie Witkin, Mar 1, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

Step #5 - in the command window that opens type:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0 <- make sure disk 0 is the hard drive in question!
    clean <- this will erase the disk selected above - make sure disk 0 is the hard drive you want!
    convert gpt
    exit
    exit

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Disk stays at 0%

help raid 0

so what is the step by step to set up raid 0?
    First, format both ssd to the same format: NTFS
    Second, change sata mode in bios from ahci to Raid
    Third, save bios and reboot, press Ctril+ I to enter Raid setup
    Fourth, make a raid disk

is it right?

mrthanhnguyen, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Disk stays at 0%

1. Disk stays at 0% - Similar Threads - Disk stays

2. Green Screen of Death during registry deletion and disk security edit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green Screen of Death during registry deletion and disk security edit: I am using Windows 10 insider preview. It was completely healthy until yesterday night and I desperately need help. This is the first time I couldn't fix something and post it online, so please help. Problem 1: I tried to open a custom guest- account with limited hardrive...
  3. Windows USB boot Disk to boot into actual damaged windows!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows USB boot Disk to boot into actual damaged windows!?: First of all I am sorry if this question has been asked and if there is already an answer available, but I could not find it. Also sorry if what I am asking comes out directly from my imagination and for whatever reason not possible to achieve. But it's still worth asking as...
  4. DVD/CD drive can't seem to read disks on my Dell Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD drive can't seem to read disks on my Dell Computer: DVD/CD drive can't seem to read disks on my Dell Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-drive-cant-seem-to-read-disks-on-my-dell/4261e56a-ee51-4dc6-ae50-278ed244786c
  5. windows 10 - usb drive letter vanished - device or disk management no help

windows 10 - usb drive letter vanished - device or disk management no help: usb drive letter vanished - device or disk management tools no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-usb-drive-letter-vanished-device-or/7c5c66cf-be1a-4d3b-8ee6-e4cda19f30fa
  6. Cloning and disk signature collisions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning and disk signature collisions: I do both a clone of my C drive and an image backup. On a couple of occasions I have had to boot the newly cloned drive and forgot to remove the original source drive. This gives me Disk Signature collision which I think I understand. What I'd like to do is change the disk...
  7. File History won't recognise disk drives

File History won't recognise disk drives: I've installed a new SSD. It's listed in Device Manager and when I click on the drive a message tells me that the device is working properly. However, when I go into File History and search for a drive I'm told that, "No usable drive was found." The new drive does not appear...
  8. Windows 10 High disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 High disk usage: Windows 10 is always on 100% disk usage Windows 10 100% disk usage in Task Manager [SOLVED] [IMG] Sophie Luo - Last Updated: 3 days ago If your Windows 10 Task Manager shows 100% disk usage, something is causing your hard drive to over-work. Your computer is now so slow...
  9. Disk stays fragmented

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk stays fragmented: Hello everyone, I've been trying to defragment my main disk for quite some time using the Disk Optimization app which is provided by Windows itself. I've tried doing it for almost 3 times but my disk always stays fragmented. As we're speaking right now, I'm trying to...
  10. Disk stays at 0%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk stays at 0%: Noticed that my Edge was a little slow loading images or opening other web sites. Went to Task Manager and found Disk stays at 0%. "NOT 100%". Have had the 100% on a lot of customers but never the opposite. Try Googling that and you'll get a ton of entries but they all have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk is at 0%