Windows 10: Disk stays at 0%

Discus and support Disk stays at 0% in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Noticed that my Edge was a little slow loading images or opening other web sites. Went to Task Manager and found Disk stays at 0%. "NOT 100%". Have had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Mar 1, 2019.

1. cfourkays Win User

Disk stays at 0%

Noticed that my Edge was a little slow loading images or opening other web sites.
    Went to Task Manager and found Disk stays at 0%. "NOT 100%".
    Have had the 100% on a lot of customers but never the opposite.
    Try Googling that and you'll get a ton of entries but they all have to do with 100%.
    No matter what I do, it just shows a steady 0%.
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Mar 1, 2019

2. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since
    the SSD is Disk 1 the Ubuntu install goes directly to Disk 0 because Disk 0 is first on the list. How can I switch the two Disks so my SSD drive is Disk 0? Thanks.

Katie Witkin, Mar 1, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

Step #5 - in the command window that opens type:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0 <- make sure disk 0 is the hard drive in question!
    clean <- this will erase the disk selected above - make sure disk 0 is the hard drive you want!
    convert gpt
    exit
    exit

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Disk stays at 0%

help raid 0

so what is the step by step to set up raid 0?
    First, format both ssd to the same format: NTFS
    Second, change sata mode in bios from ahci to Raid
    Third, save bios and reboot, press Ctril+ I to enter Raid setup
    Fourth, make a raid disk

is it right?

mrthanhnguyen, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Disk stays at 0%

1. Disk stays at 0% - Similar Threads - Disk stays

2. How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?: I have s dis that was used for a System Backup and I want to remove all Recovery partitions and make one diskI know how to extend partitions, but I have no Idea what must be done in this instance to make one Basic Data Partition. Any help would be greatly ap-preciated....
  3. How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?: I have s dis that was used for a System Backup and I want to remove all Recovery partitions and make one diskI know how to extend partitions, but I have no Idea what must be done in this instance to make one Basic Data Partition. Any help would be greatly ap-preciated....
  4. Disk process stays above 95% in windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk process stays above 95% in windows 10 & 11: My problems started in windows 10 and did not improve with 11. I have 16 gig ram and 700 gig free space on my hard drive. I've set only required programs to run at startup and performed a CHKDSK to ensure the drive is good. Our of desperation I even did a full system restore...
  5. Disk process stays above 95% in windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk process stays above 95% in windows 10 & 11: My problems started in windows 10 and did not improve with 11. I have 16 gig ram and 700 gig free space on my hard drive. I've set only required programs to run at startup and performed a CHKDSK to ensure the drive is good. Our of desperation I even did a full system restore...
  6. Disk always stays at 100 percent after updating windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk always stays at 100 percent after updating windows 10.: I have been a windows user since long time, and now i am facing a huge issue due to updating windows. Before Update it was working smooth but after i updated it first i got an error as THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER. I contacted windows support and then they told me to use...
  7. HDD unmounts on restart. Empty 'Local Disk' icon stays w/errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD unmounts on restart. Empty 'Local Disk' icon stays w/errors: So frustrated right now. Ok, so I've been having a string of hard drive problems. The history of how I got to my current problem is below, at the end of the main post. Windows 10 Home (20H2 OS build 19042.804) Lenovo Ideapad 720s (laptop) The current problem is that I have...
  8. Disk Cleanup can't remove Windows Updaet cleanup. Everytime I run it, it will stay there

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Cleanup can't remove Windows Updaet cleanup. Everytime I run it, it will stay there: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ohhboi427 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ianfqr/disk_cleanup_cant_remove_windows_updaet_cleanup/
  9. Disk stays fragmented

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk stays fragmented: Hello everyone, I've been trying to defragment my main disk for quite some time using the Disk Optimization app which is provided by Windows itself. I've tried doing it for almost 3 times but my disk always stays fragmented. As we're speaking right now, I'm trying to...
  10. Disk stays at 0%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk stays at 0%: Noticed that my Edge was a little slow loading images or opening other web sites. Went to Task Manager and found Disk stays at 0%. "NOT 100%". Have had the 100% on a lot of customers but never the opposite. Try Googling that and you'll get a ton of entries but they all have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk at 0%

2. disk is at 0%