Windows 10: disk storage

Discus and support disk storage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a odd one for even a support geek like me. For some reason windows 10 is reporting my total storage as 983gb and that all 983 has been used up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Siegel, Jul 2, 2015.

1. disk storage

This is a odd one for even a support geek like me. For some reason windows 10 is reporting my total storage as 983gb and that all 983 has been used up even though I deleted a bunch of stuff and uninstalled some programs. I might add i also have a 2TB drive but for some reason windows is not reporting it as a 2tb; but instead a 983gb drive. Whats up with that and how do I know whether or not i still actually have room to install the latest iso of build 10159?

:)

Matt Siegel, Jul 2, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Disk Storage

Hi Jim, Windows File Explorer is absolutely useless at showing you where the space is being used on your hard drive . . .

Click the link below to download a small free utility called TreeSize

Run that software and you will find where all your hard drive space is being used

https://www.jam-software.de/customers/downloadT...

Get back to us and we can then advise on what is safe to delete . . .

DaveM121, Jul 2, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Disk Storage

Hi Jim, I am glad that tool helped you find what was using up your drive space!

I believe you can delete some of those Apple Mobile Sync backups from inside iTunes . . .

DaveM121, Jul 2, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

disk storage

There might be a partition that is not defined or doesn't have a letter assigned. If you go to Run > diskmgmt.msc, you should see all drives and partitions.

CountMike, Jul 3, 2015
Thema:

disk storage

1. disk storage - Similar Threads - disk storage

2. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  3. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  4. USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...: Recently I realised I can no longer use USB storage devices on my Windows 11 pc.On investigating, I realised that the USB storage devices are appearing in "Disk Management", but they don't have a drive letter assigned.When I try to assign one using "Change Drive Letter and...
  5. USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...

USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...: Recently I realised I can no longer use USB storage devices on my Windows 11 pc.On investigating, I realised that the USB storage devices are appearing in "Disk Management", but they don't have a drive letter assigned.When I try to assign one using "Change Drive Letter and...
  6. I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage: i was trying to install ubuntu as dual boot in my system.When i tried to search for the free space it was not available. so i decided to partition my diskOS in the windows itself nut when i was trying to shrink the shrinkable memory was not same as the free space in the disk....
  7. I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage

I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage: i was trying to install ubuntu as dual boot in my system.When i tried to search for the free space it was not available. so i decided to partition my diskOS in the windows itself nut when i was trying to shrink the shrinkable memory was not same as the free space in the disk....
  8. How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...: As I noticed my SSD Local Disk C filling up quickly while my HDD had ample space, I wish to be assisted on how I can extend my SSD to avoid crashes and data loss. After numerous research on possible solutions, none seem to be exhaustive enough. Maybe I have not researched...
  9. How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...

How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...: As I noticed my SSD Local Disk C filling up quickly while my HDD had ample space, I wish to be assisted on how I can extend my SSD to avoid crashes and data loss. After numerous research on possible solutions, none seem to be exhaustive enough. Maybe I have not researched...
  10. how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files: how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows fileshow can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files i have been experiencing that my disk c is full i wan to transfer the storage from...