Windows 10: disk storage

Discus and support disk storage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a odd one for even a support geek like me. For some reason windows 10 is reporting my total storage as 983gb and that all 983 has been used up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Siegel, Jul 2, 2015.

1. disk storage

This is a odd one for even a support geek like me. For some reason windows 10 is reporting my total storage as 983gb and that all 983 has been used up even though I deleted a bunch of stuff and uninstalled some programs. I might add i also have a 2TB drive but for some reason windows is not reporting it as a 2tb; but instead a 983gb drive. Whats up with that and how do I know whether or not i still actually have room to install the latest iso of build 10159?

:)

Matt Siegel, Jul 2, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Disk Storage

Hi Jim, Windows File Explorer is absolutely useless at showing you where the space is being used on your hard drive . . .

Click the link below to download a small free utility called TreeSize

Run that software and you will find where all your hard drive space is being used

https://www.jam-software.de/customers/downloadT...

Get back to us and we can then advise on what is safe to delete . . .

DaveM121, Jul 2, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Disk Storage

Hi Jim, I am glad that tool helped you find what was using up your drive space!

I believe you can delete some of those Apple Mobile Sync backups from inside iTunes . . .

DaveM121, Jul 2, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

disk storage

There might be a partition that is not defined or doesn't have a letter assigned. If you go to Run > diskmgmt.msc, you should see all drives and partitions.

CountMike, Jul 3, 2015
Thema:

disk storage

1. disk storage - Similar Threads - disk storage

2. Best way to manage disk/drive storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way to manage disk/drive storage: Microsoft 365 wants to store everything on my C drive and I am running out of space and I'm sure it is slowing my laptop down. It is very frustrating! I can't modify the partitions in Disk 1, which has C drive, extend is greyed out, I can only shrink, 3 recovery partitions,...
  3. Best way to manage disk/drive storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best way to manage disk/drive storage: Microsoft 365 wants to store everything on my C drive and I am running out of space and I'm sure it is slowing my laptop down. It is very frustrating! I can't modify the partitions in Disk 1, which has C drive, extend is greyed out, I can only shrink, 3 recovery partitions,...
  4. Disk Storage Not Going Up Even After Emptying Recycling Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Storage Not Going Up Even After Emptying Recycling Bin: Hi. So I deleted some older YouTube Videos that I made because they were taking up a lot of space around 20-30 gb and afterwards I went to the recycling bin to permenantly delete them, before I did so I had 49.4 gb and afterwards I had 52 gb, this makes absolutely no sense...
  5. Disk Storage Not Going Up Even After Emptying Recycling Bin

Disk Storage Not Going Up Even After Emptying Recycling Bin: Hi. So I deleted some older YouTube Videos that I made because they were taking up a lot of space around 20-30 gb and afterwards I went to the recycling bin to permenantly delete them, before I did so I had 49.4 gb and afterwards I had 52 gb, this makes absolutely no sense...
  6. Losing storage on C disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing storage on C disk: Im losing my storage in C drive, it was originally aroung 120gb but after a while, it gone down to 79gb and i have no idea why. Also, what is missing from my treesize, the % do not add up...
  7. Losing storage on C disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing storage on C disk: Im losing my storage in C drive, it was originally aroung 120gb but after a while, it gone down to 79gb and i have no idea why. Also, what is missing from my treesize, the % do not add up...
  8. Losing storage on C disk

9. Is Microsoft storage and local disk storage different?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft storage and local disk storage different?: I recently purchased the Microsoft 365 Basic subscription that allows me to have 1 TB of storage, yet my local disk is still full. Are these not the same types of storage, how do I get more room for installing apps without having to delete current games or files....
  10. Is Microsoft storage and local disk storage different?

Is Microsoft storage and local disk storage different?: I recently purchased the Microsoft 365 Basic subscription that allows me to have 1 TB of storage, yet my local disk is still full. Are these not the same types of storage, how do I get more room for installing apps without having to delete current games or files....