Windows 10: disk structure damaged

Discus and support disk structure damaged in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is not really a Windows problem, but I'm posting this in case somebody can recommend a way to proceed. The system is legacy bios/mbr I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davexnet, Sep 15, 2018.

1. davexnet Win User

disk structure damaged

This is not really a Windows problem, but I'm posting this in case somebody
    can recommend a way to proceed. The system is legacy bios/mbr

I experienced a "glitch", the computer froze with a strange diagonal pattern on the screen.

Trying to reboot gave a black screen, no post. After using "clear cmos" jumper and battery removal
    I was eventually able to access the bios setup, save it and it now posts OK. (But no OS boot up)

I booted from a Windows DVD and entered troubleshooting. Used diskpart/ list volume to see what I could.
    The D: drive, sata, is where all the OS partitions were, now shows RAW. C: and E: is just data and is intact
    on an IDE pata drive.

This D drive contained primary partition (Boot/Windows XP)
    A logical partition with another three or four drives containing a couple of very small data partitions and
    a Windows 8.1 partition.
    Right at the end of the drive is a Linux partition (ext2 or ext3) and a small Linux swap partition.

Whether this drive has lost it's MBR or worse I have not tried anything yet. It occurred to me that
    It might be a worthwhile risk to unplug the data IDE drive containing C: and E: and attempt
    FIXMBR on the raw drive. But I wanted to get some feedback first in case there is something else
    I should do first.

Thanks for any input

disk structure damaged [​IMG]

:)

davexnet, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Need a book for Data Structures

Many good suggestions here

Kreij, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue disk structure damaged :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Sep 15, 2018
  4. JRHoot Win User

disk structure damaged

What is Normal File Structure in Windows 10?

I am new to Windows 10 and have noticed what seems to be a strange file structure. A click on File Explorer generates this list:

Quick Access

Dropbox

OneDrive

This PC

WD Disk(L)

Network

Homegroup

Under WD Disk(L) there is a subfolder named WD Disk(L) and as one might expect the contents in the two folders are identical.

WD Disk(L) is an external backup disk.

Is this file structure normal with Windows 10 and if it is I will live with it.

JRHoot, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

disk structure damaged

1. disk structure damaged - Similar Threads - disk structure damaged

2. The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error: Windows Version: Windows 10, Dev (OS Build 21390.1010) On another computer - Windows Version: Windows 7, 6.1 (Compilation 7601: Service Pack 1) Hi guys! I've got a big problem with my school/private drive. Today morning I've tried to connect my drive to my laptop, and there...
  3. Damage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Damage: How to find out what damage was done by a malware/trojan/backdoor ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/damage/01ec6f78-9fd3-419d-b62d-817ec6789397
  4. Windows 10 damaged / damaged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 damaged / damaged: Sometimes I have received (or what it seems) a Windows notification to say that it is damaged and I need to carry out instructions to prevent my files from being deleted. There is a countdown timer and a sharp beep that is really annoying. Is there anything I can run from...
  5. disk structure damaged

disk structure damaged: This is not really a Windows problem, but I'm posting this in case somebody can recommend a way to proceed. The system is legacy bios/mbr I experienced a "glitch", the computer froze with a strange diagonal pattern on the screen. Trying to reboot gave a black screen, no...
  6. Lab top hard disk damaged

Lab top hard disk damaged: Few years ago I bought Toshiba Lab top with Window 10 installed , and last week my Lab top hard disk damaged and I managed to fix it and everything it seem fine but , to be honest is not the same as it was when I bought it years ago. Is it possible to install my previous...
  7. External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable": I have a 1T external USB HDD and i found that the disk is "RAW" , i am using windows 10 Pro 93581
  8. disk structure is corrupt and unreadable

disk structure is corrupt and unreadable: So it was working fine and then it got slow when putting things on it and then blah it wont let me open it. if i managed to get the attachment thingy right you the drive f: which is giving me the problems i tried to circle it in paint. 26054
  9. Windows 10 - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable

Windows 10 - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable: Hi, last night my internal hard drive is working fine but today when I want to access my hard drive windows said: [img] then I tried to chkdsk the hard drive, but aborted: [img] when I open the hard drive properties, the result is blank: [img] then I tried...
  10. Disk Structure is Corrupted and Unreadable

Disk Structure is Corrupted and Unreadable: I am getting the above message when in plug an external HDD via USB. Checking this out forum I Have tried Chkdsk commands at cmd prompt: chkdsk f: /r chkfdsk /f f: for both I get the same reply: "Type of file is NTFS. Unable to determine volume and version state" This...