Windows 10: Disk usage 100 % in task Manager

Discus and support Disk usage 100 % in task Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my disk usage in task manger reaches to 100 % in very short intervals and the system become unresponsive. this problem is from day 1 in my system. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mukeshaggarwal1, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Disk usage 100 % in task Manager

my disk usage in task manger reaches to 100 % in very short intervals and the system become unresponsive. this problem is from day 1 in my system.

I have read lots of solution on internet but nothing helps.

Now I have final done a reset of windows by formatting complete data, still the problem persists.

Please explain me , how can I avoid this problem, is this a bug in win windows 10 or it is some sort of virus which is not leaving my pc even after window reset.

:)

Mukeshaggarwal1, Oct 19, 2019

2. Task manager showing disk usage 100%

100% disk usage can have many causes.

What are the top 5 processes listed in the task manager using the disk?

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 19, 2019
  3. my laptop always shows task manager disk usage 100%.

my laptop always shows task manager disk usage 100%. I am using windows 10 and I already tried your suggestion but till my problem not solve.

KishorNarayankar, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Disk usage 100 % in task Manager

Windows 10 - 100% Disk Usage in Device Manager

A concerning issue I am currently facing with my PC is the disk usage, where my PC is best described as lethargic during start up, and less commonly but evidently unresponsive afterwards. Upon checking the task manager, it informs me the disk usage is at
    100% - so obviously something is draining this feature. What isn't so obvious is what is causing this, despite the task manager alerting me to the numerous software which is causing it. I end the task for the notable issues, and the 100% warning still
    remains. This has happened to me over a year ago, and I did a restore and wiped everything. This fixed the issue for me temporarily, and the 100% disk usage came back to me within a few weeks. At the moment I
    have 1.2TB of the 1.81TB SSHD space free, and my computer specs are below (I don't know if this will be useful).

Disk usage 100 % in task Manager 24e2a6f2-8df8-4416-bd42-fccd5ccc07ab.png

I have searched online and I have found a guide which I have linked
    here
    . I have completed each and every step that the guide asks me, and I keep running into this 100% disk usage. For a run down, I have:

• Disabled Windows Search
    • Disabled Super Fetch
    • Performed a Disk Check (Took 8 hours, did nothing!)
    • Reset Virtual Memory
    • Changed the settings in Google and Skype
    • Fix the "StorAHCI.sys driver"
    • Updated device drivers

At this moment, I am stumped into what to try next. I am reluctant to restore everything off my machine again, as the issue came back to me within a few weeks. Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Chester

Chester Armstrong, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Disk usage 100 % in task Manager

1. Disk usage 100 % in task Manager - Similar Threads - Disk usage 100

2. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage in task manager always at 100%: I have a HP Pavilion 15 cs1063cl. I have been using it for 4 years. I keep having issues with the disk being 100% all the time. I faced many problems trying to resolve this which brought new problems. But in the end I made a Clean Installation. Even now the disk is still in...
  3. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage in task manager always at 100%: I have a HP Pavilion 15 cs1063cl. I have been using it for 4 years. I keep having issues with the disk being 100% all the time. I faced many problems trying to resolve this which brought new problems. But in the end I made a Clean Installation. Even now the disk is still in...
  4. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disk Usage stuck on 100% in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Usage stuck on 100% in Windows Task Manager: Hi, I have had this problem with my PC pretty much since I bought it 3 years ago and I have tried everything I can find to fix it. This problem was both on Windows 10 and 11.The only way to stop my PC Disk running at 100% is to turn my computer off by holding the power button...
  6. Disk Usage stuck on 100% in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Usage stuck on 100% in Windows Task Manager: Hi, I have had this problem with my PC pretty much since I bought it 3 years ago and I have tried everything I can find to fix it. This problem was both on Windows 10 and 11.The only way to stop my PC Disk running at 100% is to turn my computer off by holding the power button...
  7. Task manager says that my disk usage is 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager says that my disk usage is 100%: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Perrydasher123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mddwcf/task_manager_says_that_my_disk_usage_is_100/
  8. 100% Disk Usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk Usage in Task Manager: Hi people of the r/windows 10 subreddit. I've had this problem for about a week now where the disk usage is at 100% constantly in the task manager. After a few minutes it goes down a bit but when I launch an app it almost instantly goes back to 100%. I tried a lot of fixes...
  9. Task manager showing disk usage 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager showing disk usage 100%: I have reset my laptop to factory settings still task manger showing disk usage 100 %. response is too slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-showing-disk-usage-100/ba3a557c-6680-4218-a375-12fb649c58a5
  10. Windows 10 100% disk usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 100% disk usage in Task Manager: Hi, i have dell inspiron 15 , 5000 series , OS is windows 10 64 bit. Recently i had a problem at the laptop: Disk utilization is quite constant at 100% even though no program runs parallel and there is no traffic between the hard disk and the external device. I...