Windows 10: Disk Usage at 100%, STILL!

Discus and support Disk Usage at 100%, STILL! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So freaking annoying. For the last 6 or 7 months, my laptop has been super laggy. I had Win 10 installed, all updated. Disk Usage was at 100% every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dcrimm, Aug 15, 2019.

1. dcrimm Win User

Disk Usage at 100%, STILL!

So freaking annoying. For the last 6 or 7 months, my laptop has been super laggy. I had Win 10 installed, all updated. Disk Usage was at 100% every time I rebooted and for a long time after the desktop loaded. It meant it would take about 10 minutes for things to calm down enough that I could actually do anything. I did all the run-throughs online to resolve the error, multiple times. I tried everything I could find. Finally I had enough and did a reinstall of Win 10, the version that keeps my personal files. I figured, ok, I'll have to reinstall a ton of stuff, but at least it won't be happening anymore. I just rebooted the new install and IT'S STILL AT 100% DISK USAGE! Now, I have to reinstall a ton of software and STILL have the problem. I swear I'm ready to ditch windows altogether. Same thing is happening on my wife's laptop. Win 10 is garbage.

:)

dcrimm, Aug 15, 2019

2. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Disk Usage at 100%, STILL!

garybear89, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Disk Usage at 100%, STILL!

1. Disk Usage at 100%, STILL! - Similar Threads - Disk Usage 100%

2. "System" still causing 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" still causing 100% disk usage: I've been having this issue for a while now, and I've asked 2 times about it, however the answers that I got didn't solve it.I already tried scanning for malware, reinstalling Windows, system restore, and that solves the issue, but then 1-2 weeks later it happens again.I'm...
  3. "System" still causing 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "System" still causing 100% disk usage: I've been having this issue for a while now, and I've asked 2 times about it, however the answers that I got didn't solve it.I already tried scanning for malware, reinstalling Windows, system restore, and that solves the issue, but then 1-2 weeks later it happens again.I'm...
  4. 0 task running but still 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0 task running but still 100% Disk Usage: Title says all... any Tips, Solution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0-task-running-but-still-100-disk-usage/506b25dd-b75d-4495-b39a-e9961ce5ef0f
  5. 0 task running but still 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0 task running but still 100% Disk Usage: Title says all... any Tips, Solution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0-task-running-but-still-100-disk-usage/506b25dd-b75d-4495-b39a-e9961ce5ef0f
  6. 0 task running but still 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 100% Disk Usage

100% Disk Usage: My laptop takes 100% in HDD memory when i have Windows SO, i install previous windows 8 and the problem still going on, i got this specifications: [ATTACH] And my task manager shows this: [ATTACH] thank you for your attention.....
  8. 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage: I reset my PC and disk usage its still on 100% I have tried everything that is on YouTube or other forums and nothing works. submitted by /u/Witeek13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxbr0g/100_disk_usage/
  9. Disk usage is 100%

Disk usage is 100%: Disk usage is 100% resulting in computer being real slow. How do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-is-100/f94cae49-632c-4168-8aef-a0480ffe2569
  10. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: i am using i7-7700hq processor laptop but still my laptop was loading slowly.when i checked my task manager it shows me my disk usage is 100%. so anybody help me to solve this problem...