Windows 10: Disk usage constantly at 100% on computer

Discus and support Disk usage constantly at 100% on computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My kid has an HP Pavillion running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 with 8GB of RAM and i5 processors. In task manager disk usage is constantly at 100%,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zBernie, Dec 5, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

Disk usage constantly at 100% on computer

My kid has an HP Pavillion running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 with 8GB of RAM and i5 processors. In task manager disk usage is constantly at 100%, with the Microsoft "Runtime Broker" always at the top. The computer is constantly slow due to this issue. One of the things I've tried which did not help is:

net.exe stop "Windows Search"

I've seen a LOT of threads on this issue, but nothing has helped. What can I do to resolve this?

:)

zBernie, Dec 5, 2020

2. Unistack Service constantly at 100% disk usage

Hello Ruben,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried check if the issue occurs in safe mode\clean boot?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps suggested to boot into safe mode and check.

If the problem does not exist in safe mode, try to perform a clean boot (from the
    link you have provided) and check.

Do update us with the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 5, 2020
  3. RubenTovmasyan, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Disk usage constantly at 100% on computer

100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Disk usage constantly at 100% on computer

1. Disk usage constantly at 100% on computer - Similar Threads - Disk usage constantly

2. Constant 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant 100% disk usage: My disk is at constant 100% usage, I tried disabling services like sysmain, windows search, etc. I updated windows to latest version, I tried all the methods mentioned in other discussions but Nothing worked, I reinstalled windows twice formatted whole disk, still after...
  3. Constant 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant 100% disk usage: My disk is at constant 100% usage, I tried disabling services like sysmain, windows search, etc. I updated windows to latest version, I tried all the methods mentioned in other discussions but Nothing worked, I reinstalled windows twice formatted whole disk, still after...
  4. Constant 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant 100% Disk Usage: For the last few years, my old laptop has always been at 100% disk usage no matter what is running. I have tried dozens of fixes, including updating Windows, a bunch of different disk scans, optimizations, defragmentation, disabling Windows Search and superfetch, turning off...
  5. Constant 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant 100% Disk Usage: For the last few years, my old laptop has always been at 100% disk usage no matter what is running. I have tried dozens of fixes, including updating Windows, a bunch of different disk scans, optimizations, defragmentation, disabling Windows Search and superfetch, turning off...
  6. Constant 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Constant 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant 100% Disk Usage: [ATTACH] Can anyone help with this? I have already tried dozens of possible solutions but none have made any difference. From the moment I turn this laptop on it operates with 100% disk usage at pretty much all times. Its usable, I'm still able to use the laptop, but it...
  8. Disk usage constantly at 100%

Disk usage constantly at 100%: I have a hp laptop hp-15gdr0006tx Currently running windows 10 version 2004 My disk usage constantly remains at 100% Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-constantly-at-100/49b86de9-825c-40d8-9bab-3b8a9ca34084
  9. Constant 100% disk usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant 100% disk usage.: I've tried many solutions, yet it's always at 100 EDIT: My specs are Gtx 930 I5 8gb ram Can't remember motherboard this video is the things i've tried submitted by /u/YNComrade [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eowljy/constant_100_disk_usage/
  10. disk usage constant 100%

disk usage constant 100%: This operating system is absolute GARBAGE CRAP, Who's the semi-retarded meth fiend who designed it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/disk-usage-constant-100/b5a03d0e-209e-4af5-b46b-65113fcbd2cf