Windows 10: Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install

Discus and support Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a windows laptop, i noticed a lag in startup of windows, and when i started installing apps i noticed a significant lag in those.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by haik81, Oct 22, 2021.

1. haik81 Win User

Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install

I recently bought a windows laptop, i noticed a lag in startup of windows, and when i started installing apps i noticed a significant lag in those. Checking the task manager i saw disk going to 100 percent mostly because of system process. Tried various fixes, disabling startup programs but nothing seems to work. I clean installed windows twice and this still is the problem when playing certain games. On my other laptop these things work fine even though it has a worse processor. Could this be because of physical defect in the HDD or something?

:)

haik81, Oct 22, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 22, 2021
  3. TimGrandt Win User
    Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install

100 % disk usage

When I boot up laptop its already at 100% then it settles down but when i connect wifi or open any app it again jumps to 100% then it settles down but sometimes it also jumps up to 100% in ideal conditions i have being monitoring this with crystal disk
    info when disk usage is 100% my hard disk temperature is rising and when Disk usage settles down hard disk temperature comes down crystal disk info is showing Hard disk condition good

AjayValiya, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install

1. Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install - Similar Threads - Disk usage continuously

2. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage even after factory reset: Well, the subject can pretty much explain my question. My pc had been reaching 100% disk usage in task manager for months so I decided to factory reseting it. Unfortunately, now it seems it is worse than before, and even opening Microsoft Edge or a PDF document can take...
  3. Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install: I recently bought a windows laptop, i noticed a lag in startup of windows, and when i started installing apps i noticed a significant lag in those. Checking the task manager i saw disk going to 100 percent mostly because of system process. Tried various fixes, disabling...
  4. Disk 100% usage, after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk 100% usage, after clean install: Hello, I've had this problem for 5 years maybe, i tried maybe 20 solution ideas on the internet and nothing worked or maybe just worked for short-term. Laptop: Dell inspiron i5 5547 HDD: Toshiba something 5600rpm 500GB i thought that it was problem with the laptop itself...
  5. Disk usage 100 percent win10 clean install?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk usage 100 percent win10 clean install?: Is there any benefit to performing a clean install of win10 when the disk is used to 100 percent? This would eliminate all unnecessary processes and programs and I would only download what I need at the moment. Datenträger zu 100 Prozent ausgelastet win10 clean install?
  6. 100% CPU usage even after clean install Win10 Home

100% CPU usage even after clean install Win10 Home: My computer got extremely slow and I saw that the CPU is running at 100% in turbo mode. I tried all the fixes that I found on the internet and nothing worked. Today I did a clean install of Windows, and the CPU is still running at 80-100% with only Windows zero aditional...
  7. 100% Disk Usage even after factory reset

100% Disk Usage even after factory reset: I've tried nearly every thing I've seen about the issue and none have seemed to work. I factory resetted my computed and it'll bounce from 1% to 100% when I try to do anything....
  8. system 100% disk usage even after reset

system 100% disk usage even after reset: completely resetting my windows 10 laptop still doesn't help. laptop is: HP 250 G6 Notebook PC specs: x64 bit intel core i3-6006U, 4 cores, 2.00GHz 4 GB ram Windows 10 disk: WDC WD5000LPCX-60VHAT0...
  9. Disk usage 100% even after full reset!

Disk usage 100% even after full reset!: No matter what i do, various things randomly spike the disk to 100%! I had no problems until last week, and then every game I had started lagging and things started to slow down. Even after the full reset with nothing extra downloaded and background apps off it still spikes...
  10. Clean install disk usage 100% and bsod

Clean install disk usage 100% and bsod: Hello im writing because non of the threads ive found on this solve my problem. My computer randomly went bsod the other day during normal operation and since then it shows 100 disk usage and bsod after 10 minutes. This problem does not happen in safe mode but does in safe...