Windows 10: Disk Usage in task manager

Discus and support Disk Usage in task manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Task manager shows "100% disk" most of the time. Have tied all posted remedies but nothing works. Any "good" suggestions? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by daveg01, Sep 19, 2019.

1. daveg01 Win User

Disk Usage in task manager

Task manager shows "100% disk" most of the time. Have tied all posted remedies but nothing works. Any "good" suggestions? Thanks

:)

daveg01, Sep 19, 2019

2. Task manager showing disk usage 100%

100% disk usage can have many causes.

What are the top 5 processes listed in the task manager using the disk?

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 19, 2019
  3. my laptop always shows task manager disk usage 100%.

my laptop always shows task manager disk usage 100%. I am using windows 10 and I already tried your suggestion but till my problem not solve.

KishorNarayankar, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Disk Usage in task manager

Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Disk Usage in task manager

1. Disk Usage in task manager - Similar Threads - Disk Usage task

2. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage in task manager always at 100%: I have a HP Pavilion 15 cs1063cl. I have been using it for 4 years. I keep having issues with the disk being 100% all the time. I faced many problems trying to resolve this which brought new problems. But in the end I made a Clean Installation. Even now the disk is still in...
  3. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage in task manager always at 100%: I have a HP Pavilion 15 cs1063cl. I have been using it for 4 years. I keep having issues with the disk being 100% all the time. I faced many problems trying to resolve this which brought new problems. But in the end I made a Clean Installation. Even now the disk is still in...
  4. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task manager Windows 10,100% Disk usage at startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager Windows 10,100% Disk usage at startup?: Widows 10, My laptop is always super slow on startup. Task Manager Disk is always at 100% even though I have not started doing anything yet? I usually have to wait 10-15 minutes before it will run at normal speed and Disk is at a normal range. Any ideas?...
  6. Task manager Windows 10,100% Disk usage at startup?

Task manager Windows 10,100% Disk usage at startup?: Widows 10, My laptop is always super slow on startup. Task Manager Disk is always at 100% even though I have not started doing anything yet? I usually have to wait 10-15 minutes before it will run at normal speed and Disk is at a normal range. Any ideas?...
  7. 100% Disk Usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk Usage in Task Manager: Hi people of the r/windows 10 subreddit. I've had this problem for about a week now where the disk usage is at 100% constantly in the task manager. After a few minutes it goes down a bit but when I launch an app it almost instantly goes back to 100%. I tried a lot of fixes...
  8. Disk usage 100 % in task Manager

Disk usage 100 % in task Manager: my disk usage in task manger reaches to 100 % in very short intervals and the system become unresponsive. this problem is from day 1 in my system. I have read lots of solution on internet but nothing helps. Now I have final done a reset of windows by formatting complete...
  9. Task manager showing disk usage 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager showing disk usage 100%: I have reset my laptop to factory settings still task manger showing disk usage 100 %. response is too slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-showing-disk-usage-100/ba3a557c-6680-4218-a375-12fb649c58a5
  10. Windows 10 100% disk usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 100% disk usage in Task Manager: Hi, i have dell inspiron 15 , 5000 series , OS is windows 10 64 bit. Recently i had a problem at the laptop: Disk utilization is quite constant at 100% even though no program runs parallel and there is no traffic between the hard disk and the external device. I...