Windows 10: disk usage problem

Discus and support disk usage problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys I need help my disk usage says its 100% when its using about 2mb/s but then it starts using 20mb/s and it says its at 90% I dont understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spiritual-Car2419, Feb 23, 2021.

1. disk usage problem

Hi guys I need help my disk usage says its 100% when its using about 2mb/s but then it starts using 20mb/s and it says its at 90% I dont understand everything is so slow.

submitted by /u/Spiritual-Car2419
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spiritual-Car2419, Feb 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 100% disk usage problem

Hi Jae,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: First of all, take a note of the processes or applications that is running when the computer runs with high disk usage. Also, we need to find the applications that are running at startup.

Follow the steps to check for the processes under Task Manager:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Click on Processes tab. Check if any of the processes consumes high memory usage.
    Bad sectors on the hard drive can be a cause for high disk usage.

Check which process is utilizing the Hard Disk on Windows 8.1, you may try the following steps.

• Open Task Manager and click on
      Details tab.
    • Right click the columns headers and click "Select Columns".
    • From the "Select Columns" window, check: I/O Reads, I/O Writes, I/O read bytes, I/O write bytes and then click
      OK.
    • Now the columns will be added to the view and will display how much each process is utilizing from the hard disk.
    • Sort by I/O read bytes or I/O write bytes by clicking on the column header to see which process is utilizing the Hard Drive most.
    Step 2: If you have not run the 'check disk' scan or tried optimizing the drive, follow the steps from this article.

Improve performance by optimizing your drive

(Note: This applies to Windows 10 also.)

Important: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive, it tries to repair that sector and any data available on that might be lost.

Hope it helps. Feel free to get back to us for any further queries or issues related to Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Off the chart (literally!) disk usage

Glenn, we would like to check if you are still experiencing a high disk usage on your end, if yes, we would like to ask if you can try to follow the steps below for as a workaround:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings
    • Select System
    • Select Notification & actions
    • Then turn off all notification and check if disk usage would still get a high usage.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Xilnik Win User

disk usage problem

100% usage on disk

No problem. In the event that Norton's defaults do not resolve the disk usage, follow the guide to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts and see if you can determine whether a service/process is causing issues. After step 7. in Part Two, check whether the clean boot resolved the disk usage before proceeding to step 11.

Xilnik, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

disk usage problem

1. disk usage problem - Similar Threads - disk usage problem

2. Disk Usage Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Usage Problem: Disk usage in the task manager says it's on 100%, due to 2 apps, google chrome and system, I have no idea why nor do I have a clue on how to find the problem that is causing this....
  3. Disk Usage Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Usage Problem: Disk usage in the task manager says it's on 100%, due to 2 apps, google chrome and system, I have no idea why nor do I have a clue on how to find the problem that is causing this....
  4. Disk Usage Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100% Disk Usage Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk Usage Problem: I just recently started up an HP laptop of mine, running Windows 10 that is a couple of years old after not using it for a while and as expected, it was somewhat slow and tough to use. I figured I’d do some cleanup, although there weren’t too many major programs or files on...
  6. 100% Disk Usage Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% Disk Usage Problem: So i have a Toshiba 2013 laptop and theres somehow an app using up all of my disk. Not disk space/storage but the disk when you open task manager. Normally on any other pc its below 60% but mine is on 100% until after maybe 3-4 hours of using it. When i scroll down on task...
  7. 100% disk usage problem

100% disk usage problem: I ve tried all solutions from google and nothing seems to work. My laptop keeps showing 100% disk usage and it's slowed down considerably. Anyone fixed this issue ? I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I'm really frustrated. Cannot even open webpages on...
  8. disk Usage

disk Usage: its always stuck at 100%. Is there an app to help reduce disk usage or ways I can reduce it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage/7c5ba55b-24e4-4f9c-8515-d08ad48d20eb
  9. Help - 100% Disk Usage Problem

Help - 100% Disk Usage Problem: Hello, my HP Windows 10 laptop starting lagging tonight and I noticed that my disk is at 100%. I've tried restarting and it still shoots back up to 100% shortly after. When I restarted and Windows was booting, 3-4 black cmd windows popped up and disappeared in quick...
  10. Problem with disk usage

Problem with disk usage: I saw that my disk usage sometimes gets to 100% when I play the games. I tried to find the cause of this problem and decided that Windows Defender is guilty because it is MsMpEng.exe that takes 100% disk usage. I disabled Windows Defender but nothing has changed....