Windows 10: Disk usage randomly spikes to 100% while idle and Memory usage at 50% in task manager.

Discus and support Disk usage randomly spikes to 100% while idle and Memory usage at 50% in task manager. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve checked crystaldiskinfo and it also says caution. I’m using an hdd in my laptop. I’m a novice when it comes to this stuff but my question is........ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jayson227, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Disk usage randomly spikes to 100% while idle and Memory usage at 50% in task manager.

I’ve checked crystaldiskinfo and it also says caution. I’m using an hdd in my laptop. I’m a novice when it comes to this stuff but my question is..... if I replace my HDD with an SDD will it solve my issues? I’ve tried all of the usual fixes (Diagtrack, Superfetch, virtual memory etc,)

submitted by /u/Jayson227
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jayson227, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 10, 2020
  3. 1Dez Win User
    100% Disk usage spike on Windows 10

Recently I have experienced that when running most applications (especially gaming) my Laptop would have a disk usage spike to 99% or 100%. when I check the task manager there is no specific program using the disk, its just at 100% usually forcing me to
    do a hard restart. baring in mind that when I run the programs the usually run smoothly and very randomly the disk usage spikes. this has only been happening since downloading windows 10. I have read many threads and applied many fixes such as disabling SuperFetch,
    BIT service and windows update. I have also disable cloud based protection which seemed to work for some people but not for me, any other suggestions?

4. Disk usage randomly spikes to 100% while idle and Memory usage at 50% in task manager.

Task manager showing disk usage 100%

100% disk usage can have many causes.

What are the top 5 processes listed in the task manager using the disk?

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Disk usage randomly spikes to 100% while idle and Memory usage at 50% in task manager.

1. Disk usage randomly spikes to 100% while idle and Memory usage at 50% in task manager. - Similar Threads - Disk usage randomly

2. Disk usage randomly and periodically spikes to 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk usage randomly and periodically spikes to 100%: Brand new CPU, motherboard and RAM, fresh OS install, complete format I even cleaned my disks with console command during this window when installing Windows where you have to choose drive to install OS on. Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 - not overclocked,...
  3. Completely Random spikes of 100% disk usage

Completely Random spikes of 100% disk usage: I am having a lot of trouble due to 100% disk usage by 'system' and 'registry' processes even when it is idle. I have tried so many solutions from a lot of places but none worked for me like disabling prefetch, superfetch and search, stopping antivirus processes, my pc is...
  4. 100% Disk Usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk Usage in Task Manager: Hi people of the r/windows 10 subreddit. I've had this problem for about a week now where the disk usage is at 100% constantly in the task manager. After a few minutes it goes down a bit but when I launch an app it almost instantly goes back to 100%. I tried a lot of fixes...
  5. 100 disk usage spikes

100 disk usage spikes: So I've these problems with disk usage rising to 100% for 5-20 seconds every few minutes or so. Mind you this hard drive has run Windows 10 since February 2018 and I started having this problem in July 2019, so for almost two years Windows 10 has been smooth as butter. I can...
  6. Memory usage 50% while idle

Memory usage 50% while idle: When i open task manager it says 47-50% of memory is being used while theres only 3-7% cpu usage and 0% disk usage. The reason is because there apps in the background using it and i dont know how to stop it. submitted by /u/EdgeFail [link] [comments]...
  7. Seemingly random 100% disk usage spikes

Seemingly random 100% disk usage spikes: I've noticed a problem recently with my disk usage ever since I installed Windows 10. At seemingly random intervals, whilst viewing task manager, I'll see my disk usage spike up to 100% without me doing anything, before it goes back down to normal levels. It seems to happen...
  8. Disk Usage Spikes to 100%

Disk Usage Spikes to 100%: Hi, I have an ASUS Laptop here with the following specs: Intel Optane 1TB HDD Intel Core i5 8300H at 2.7Ghz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home running Version 1909 OS Build 18363.592 I have reinstalled windows from a USB after backing up my files off the...
  9. Disk Usage randomly started spiking to 100%

Disk Usage randomly started spiking to 100%: Hi guys! Really searching for a solution as I’ve tried a lot of things. I’ve had my gaming rig for years and never experienced any problems. This week however, the disk issue started. Every time I load up any game, my disk usage goes to 100% for approximately 30-45 seconds...
  10. Disk usage 100 % in task Manager

Disk usage 100 % in task Manager: my disk usage in task manger reaches to 100 % in very short intervals and the system become unresponsive. this problem is from day 1 in my system. I have read lots of solution on internet but nothing helps. Now I have final done a reset of windows by formatting complete...