Windows 10: Disk usage spikes to 100 percent then crashes

Discus and support Disk usage spikes to 100 percent then crashes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The issue started immediately after upgrading to windows 11. Disk usage will spike from <5 percent to 100 and then all applications will freeze. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adam125, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Adam125 Win User

Disk usage spikes to 100 percent then crashes

The issue started immediately after upgrading to windows 11. Disk usage will spike from <5 percent to 100 and then all applications will freeze. The computer continues to run until something needs data from the disk and then it will crash. After crashing, automatically reboots into the bios because it does not detect the disk with windows on it. Manually restarting will reset it and it'll work fine for a little. It seems to me like the SSD is crashing or something. I ran an SSD health checker and it said the SSD was healthy.Cpu: i7-12700kBoard: Pro Z690-PSSD: silicon power 1TB SP001TBP34A6

:)

Adam125, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Disk usage spikes to 100 percent then crashes

1. Disk usage spikes to 100 percent then crashes - Similar Threads - Disk usage spikes

2. Disk usage spikes to 100 percent then crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage spikes to 100 percent then crashes: The issue started immediately after upgrading to windows 11. Disk usage will spike from <5 percent to 100 and then all applications will freeze. The computer continues to run until something needs data from the disk and then it will crash. After crashing, automatically...
  3. 100 Percent disk usage spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 Percent disk usage spikes: Hello. My computer is slow and sluggish and the disk usage keeps spiking to 100 percent when I do anything. I have researched a lot and none of the solutions work for me I have had this problem in windows 10 too and thought the update to 11 would fix it but it did not. It...
  4. 100 Percent disk usage spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 Percent disk usage spikes: Hello. My computer is slow and sluggish and the disk usage keeps spiking to 100 percent when I do anything. I have researched a lot and none of the solutions work for me I have had this problem in windows 10 too and thought the update to 11 would fix it but it did not. It...
  5. 100 percent disk usage.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100 percent disk usage.....: Why in 2021 Microsoft still has not figured out the 100 percent disk usage on start up ????? To date there is no remedy for this at all. Nothing has worked.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-percent-disk-usage/2527b6c5-ff3f-4b1e-9b45-4fc7c67d99b9
  6. 100 Percent Disk Usage

100 Percent Disk Usage: Whenever i open task manager disk usage is always near 100 percent. I am having this problem from few months.Even on no or light work load disk usage remains high. It also makes pc work slower than normal....
  7. Disk Usage 100 Percent

Disk Usage 100 Percent: I have had a problem over the last week or so where the disk usage on one of my SSDs is at 100 percent. This makes it impossible to access any files or data on the drive while the drive is in this state, after boot the 100 usage generally lasts around 15 minutes before...
  8. Disk Usage 100 Percent

Disk Usage 100 Percent: Computer Specs: CPU: i7-8700k 16GB RAM Storage: HP EX920 m.2 SSD Build is a year old So for the past 3 months I've been having 100 percent disk usage when opening programs, and on startup it will remain 100 percent for quite some time. I have a build completely...
  9. 100 percent disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100 percent disk usage: iv been noticing that my disk usage is 100 percent for two weeks now. when i checked task manager iv seen that almost all usage gone to "windows event log services". i entered the windows event viewer, and it seems like every 6-8 seconds theres a new error. all of them...
  10. disk usage 100 percent

disk usage 100 percent: iv been noticing that my disk usage is 100 percent for two weeks now. when i checked task manager iv seen that almost all usage gone to "windows event log services". i entered the windows event viewer, and it seems like every 6-8 seconds theres a new error. all of them...