Windows 10: disk utility

Discus and support disk utility in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; reinstalled windows 10 home and now optimize disk references solid state disks rather than hard drive disks and utility does not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlesGRAHAM_905, Dec 21, 2018.

1. disk utility

reinstalled windows 10 home and now optimize disk references solid state disks rather than hard drive disks

and utility does not work

:)

CharlesGRAHAM_905, Dec 21, 2018

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue disk utility :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Dec 21, 2018
  3. aikonN8 Win User
    Removing WLAN Utilities

Wan update instructions below state remove wan utilities,

Uninstallation instructions:

• Turn WLAN Off
    • Manually uninstall "WLAN Utilities" package from the installed applications.
    • Turn WLAN On
    I can't find them under installed applications anywhere. Could somebody give step by step instrucions, I've looked in :

Installations/ already installed.

aikonN8, Dec 21, 2018
  4. dark2099 Win User

disk utility

hard disk utility

I want to test out a friends external drive I just put in a new enclosure, but my windows rig is down, so just have my macbook pro, was wondering what other disk utilities there are for mac that should be able to do a comprehensive check on the drive. Thanks.

P.S. Did the verify disk in the built in Disk Utility, passed that, but the check took all of 5 seconds, so want something more thorough.

dark2099, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

disk utility

1. disk utility - Similar Threads - disk utility

2. How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...: As I noticed my SSD Local Disk C filling up quickly while my HDD had ample space, I wish to be assisted on how I can extend my SSD to avoid crashes and data loss. After numerous research on possible solutions, none seem to be exhaustive enough. Maybe I have not researched...
  3. How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...: As I noticed my SSD Local Disk C filling up quickly while my HDD had ample space, I wish to be assisted on how I can extend my SSD to avoid crashes and data loss. After numerous research on possible solutions, none seem to be exhaustive enough. Maybe I have not researched...
  4. 100% disk Utilization even nothing is running and pattern repeating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk Utilization even nothing is running and pattern repeating: My system has 2 HDD 160GB and 500GB and i am facing issue of 100% disk utilization even though nothing is running and this utilization is repeating in a pattern, like it remains in 100% usage with 0 - response ms, 0 -read speed, 0 -write speed for some 2-4 min and then back...
  5. 100% disk Utilization even nothing is running and pattern repeating

100% disk Utilization even nothing is running and pattern repeating: My system has 2 HDD 160GB and 500GB and i am facing issue of 100% disk utilization even though nothing is running and this utilization is repeating in a pattern, like it remains in 100% usage with 0 - response ms, 0 -read speed, 0 -write speed for some 2-4 min and then back...
  6. 100% disk Utilization even nothing is running and pattern repeating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How can I disable my ssd on my laptop using disk utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable my ssd on my laptop using disk utility: I currently have 2 ssds one of which causes blue screens when being used for a whilethis ssd doesn't have an operating system inside it's literally blank. As of the moment I'm fed up bringing it to the shop, the technician cannot find the reason for it causing blue screens...
  8. How can I disable my ssd on my laptop using disk utility

How can I disable my ssd on my laptop using disk utility: I currently have 2 ssds one of which causes blue screens when being used for a whilethis ssd doesn't have an operating system inside it's literally blank. As of the moment I'm fed up bringing it to the shop, the technician cannot find the reason for it causing blue screens...
  9. 100% Disk utilization for several mins after every startup or boot into Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% Disk utilization for several mins after every startup or boot into Windows 10: Issue Symptom:I get 100% disk utilization on C: drive that lasts up to 10 mins every time i boot into windows.It started happening a couple of years ago now at least but I've just put up with it but now I just want to get to the bottom of it.It means there is severe latency...
  10. 100% Disk utilization for several mins after every startup or boot into Windows 10

100% Disk utilization for several mins after every startup or boot into Windows 10: Issue Symptom:I get 100% disk utilization on C: drive that lasts up to 10 mins every time i boot into windows.It started happening a couple of years ago now at least but I've just put up with it but now I just want to get to the bottom of it.It means there is severe latency...