Windows 10: Disk X has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks (eventvwr)

Discus and support Disk X has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks (eventvwr) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Disk 12 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by klepp0906, Apr 6, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Disk X has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks (eventvwr)

Disk 12 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue.

This is causing windows firewall to add rules with path's that display as Letter:Number like E:6\path\to\exe instead of the proper letter\path. I'm sure the ramifications go well beyond that, its just where/how i noticed it. Immediately checked eventviewer and as you would expect, disk 12 is the disk giving me grief.

Anyone know how to get it to assign a proper guid to the disk?

:)

klepp0906, Apr 6, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk X has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks (eventvwr) :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Disk X has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks (eventvwr)

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Disk X has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks (eventvwr)

1. Disk X has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks (eventvwr) - Similar Threads - Disk has same

2. disk C has more space than disk D. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk C has more space than disk D. Shouldn't it be the opposite?: Got a new laptop 512SSD Installed the Windows 11 Pro. Local disk C has 389GB storage and local disk D has 86GB. How can I correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-c-has-more-space-than-disk-d-shouldnt-it-be/465cbec2-e522-4480-8a2b-b2040e1b664a
  3. disk C has more space than disk D. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk C has more space than disk D. Shouldn't it be the opposite?: Got a new laptop 512SSD Installed the Windows 11 Pro. Local disk C has 389GB storage and local disk D has 86GB. How can I correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-c-has-more-space-than-disk-d-shouldnt-it-be/465cbec2-e522-4480-8a2b-b2040e1b664a
  4. more disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    more disk space: Can I buy more disk space and will i be allowed to download apps or programs with this additional disk space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-disk-space/fb4a9a17-795e-4755-8ad0-5f45200a0250
  5. Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks: Hi, Yes, i have seen the other posts regarding this error. No i have not cloned any disks. The error started about 3 weeks ago. I'm on windows 10 Version 10.0.19041 build 19041 As Disk 3 holds my media files each time the event occurs the media stream is cut-off. The disk...
  6. wired disk error Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers

wired disk error Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers: here is the error the disk 3 is a old backup drive i had in my old system and is mounted in a hard drive docking station along with another disk, but this error i don't no what to do about this any help greatly appreciated as i have lots of files on this hard drive, very...
  7. My Entire Disks has red X marks on it. WHY? X mark on Local Disk and External Drive.

My Entire Disks has red X marks on it. WHY? X mark on Local Disk and External Drive.: Hello! Can you help me with this? 10 July 2019 3 am I used my laptop and all runs normal no X mark on local disk. Then 10 am I used it again and this happen. Local Disk C:, D:, E:, all of it has its X red mark. Why? I've been googled, youtubed. I've done all the tips, like...
  8. Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks: hey all, I am looking for some help with my external HDD's I have 3 x 8TB Seagate Backup+ Drives and 1 2TB Seagate Backup+ plugged into my PC via separate USB ports. All drives except the 2TB have external power supplies. all my hdd's shut down when I am using them and...
  9. Getting same disk identifiers

Getting same disk identifiers: Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue....
  10. Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers ... KB2983588... doesn't resolve

Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers ... KB2983588... doesn't resolve: From the event log: Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. Let me digress... Funny that, as the support forum...