Windows 10: Disk

Discus and support Disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i have a Toshiba 2013 laptop and theres somehow an app using up all of my disk. Not disk space/storage but the disk when you open task manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dr.DerpyDerp, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Disk

So i have a Toshiba 2013 laptop and theres somehow an app using up all of my disk. Not disk space/storage but the disk when you open task manager. Normally on any other pc its below 60% but mine is on 100% until after maybe 3-4 hours of using it. When i scroll down on task manager theres no visible active and inactive app using it all up. Can anyone tell me where too see it or whats using all of it up?

:)

Dr.DerpyDerp, Jan 24, 2021

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 24, 2021
  3. ze ultimo Win User
    diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Fernandz Win User

Disk

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Disk

1. Disk - Similar Threads - Disk

2. Can I fix my Hard Disk Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I fix my Hard Disk Drive?: Windows 10 suddenly won't boot or suddenly crashes showing BSODs like UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED in my Seagate 1TB HDD. I think it was a problem with the disk, I replaced my Disk with another one and the problem was solved. Can...
  3. CPU, Ram, and Disk being taken up by a ghost account?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU, Ram, and Disk being taken up by a ghost account?: I noticed recently that my PC was running a lot slower than normal. I've updated my drivers, defragmented the PC, and have not found a working solution. I was snooping around task manger to see if I could identify the problem, when I saw this: [ATTACH] My CPU, disk, and...
  4. mpam files filling hard disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    mpam files filling hard disk: I have a Windows 10 system which is experiencing an issue whereby hundreds of files are being deposited under C:Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Temp each file is named mpam-######## a seemingly random 8 digit HEX number. Each file is ~150MB but the size...
  5. Windows randomly restarts and disabled an entire disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows randomly restarts and disabled an entire disk: Warning: long post! Hi! Maybe you have some idea about this issue I'm facing, I'm not really a beginner in computers, but I never saw this one. All components are from May 2017, so they are pretty newish. Components: Power source is Argus 620W MB Gigabyte B250HD3P Proc...
  6. windows unable to format disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows unable to format disk: device manager says the device is working properly and the drivers are up to date but ive tried 4 sd cards and the reader says its unable to format the disk no matter what way i try. ive tried youtube tutorials on using diskpart and nothing works....
  7. UAS Disk connection problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UAS Disk connection problem: Wondering why UAS disk on repeated restart is alternatively connected and disconnected (not shows up). Connected follows disconnected and disconnected follows connected. USB suspend is disabled, drivers updated, no hidden devices etc. 175001
  8. Disk Dnot windows disk disappear from configuration every start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Dnot windows disk disappear from configuration every start: Some time ago, I tried to create a restore point but something went wrong. It happened after configure the D disk as the place to save the restore point. Windows is on the C diskI have two disk, C and D Then, all my games and apps on the disk where unavailable, because the...
  9. UAS Disk connection problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    UAS Disk connection problem: Wondering why UAS disk on repeated restart is alternatively connected and disconnected (not shows up). Connected follows disconnected and disconnected follows connected. USB suspend is disabled, drivers updated, no hidden devices etc. 175001
  10. Microsoft .NET Framework Unhandled exception, no disk space, can't make space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft .NET Framework Unhandled exception, no disk space, can't make space: I hibernated my computer when it had 0 disk space I woke it from hibernation, and it had an error message Microsoft .NET Framework Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If...