Windows 10: Disk

Discus and support Disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i have a Toshiba 2013 laptop and theres somehow an app using up all of my disk. Not disk space/storage but the disk when you open task manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dr.DerpyDerp, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Disk

So i have a Toshiba 2013 laptop and theres somehow an app using up all of my disk. Not disk space/storage but the disk when you open task manager. Normally on any other pc its below 60% but mine is on 100% until after maybe 3-4 hours of using it. When i scroll down on task manager theres no visible active and inactive app using it all up. Can anyone tell me where too see it or whats using all of it up?

:)

Dr.DerpyDerp, Jan 24, 2021

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 24, 2021
  3. ze ultimo Win User
    diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Fernandz Win User

Disk

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Disk

1. Disk - Similar Threads - Disk

2. Is my hard disk broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my hard disk broken: Hello Microsoft community, it's VinciMan here and i recently had a blue screen on my laptop, tried many YouTube tutorials to fix but none worked, still got the error log file d /windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt. Finally found a video with the " solution" to format...
  3. Is my hard disk broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my hard disk broken: Hello Microsoft community, it's VinciMan here and i recently had a blue screen on my laptop, tried many YouTube tutorials to fix but none worked, still got the error log file d /windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt. Finally found a video with the " solution" to format...
  4. Is my hard disk broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors: Hi My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors what I need to doCheck the image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internal-hard-disk-is-showing-dynamic-errors/4c83fae9-5bcb-46d8-af03-2b89ca801294
  6. My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors

My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors: Hi My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors what I need to doCheck the image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internal-hard-disk-is-showing-dynamic-errors/4c83fae9-5bcb-46d8-af03-2b89ca801294
  7. How can I access and use my disk drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I access and use my disk drive?: For context my disk drive was somehow already formatted and partitioned. I have tried deleting the partition but all of the options for my disk are greyed out, also all of my attempts to manually fix it using CMD to delete the partition have failed. All I want is to use the...
  8. How can I access and use my disk drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access and use my disk drive?: For context my disk drive was somehow already formatted and partitioned. I have tried deleting the partition but all of the options for my disk are greyed out, also all of my attempts to manually fix it using CMD to delete the partition have failed. All I want is to use the...
  9. How can I access and use my disk drive?

10. My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7: I have been using a 1terabyte External Hard Disk Seagate P/N ITEAP5-500 USB as backup for my files. I tried backing up some files today and it worked well for some time. Suddenly "Windows explorer" hung and I could neither log out nor restart. With no option I reset the PC...