Windows 10: Disk2vhd files disappeared

Discus and support Disk2vhd files disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have recovered a backup to an SSD which I have plugged into my PC to use Disk2vhd to create virtual machine from the drive, I created the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Finna., Feb 13, 2021.

1. Finna. Win User

Disk2vhd files disappeared

Hi all,

I have recovered a backup to an SSD which I have plugged into my PC to use Disk2vhd to create virtual machine from the drive, I created the file to an external hard drive, which when I load up my computer with my normal SSD the folder and files on the external drive are gone, any suggestions or advice?

This isn't the first time this has occurred as far as files not being on drives when I load up my actual drive.

Possibly worth noting, all drives except the C drive have custom drive letters assigned via changing the regedit mounted devices;

Hkey_local_machine>system>mounteddevices

This was done in both my ssd with the recovered backup and the actual ssd used on my computer, however the external drive I created the VHD file to was mounted as S: in both Windows installations.

I had moved screenshots onto my O: which is in the same enclosure as the S:, which came across fine, both my S: and O: are in an Orico 5-bay enclosure, any ideas on what would cause this issue?

TIA

:)

Finna., Feb 13, 2021

2. disk2vhd timesout

Hello George,

To isolate what's causing the issue, please provide us more information:

• Confirm the exact error message that you're getting.
    • State the file size that you're trying to backup.

Since Disk2vhd is made by a developer from
    TechNet, you may also post your query on TechNet
    for better assistance.

We're looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 13, 2021
  3. GeorgeVU Win User
    disk2vhd timesout

i get a timeout error using disk2vhd to backup my c drive. How do i avoid this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

GeorgeVU, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Disk2vhd files disappeared

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Disk2vhd files disappeared

1. Disk2vhd files disappeared - Similar Threads - Disk2vhd files disappeared

2. Disappearing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing files: I copied some photos from my camera to my laptop. Then I uploaded the photos from my laptop to Facebook. However, when I go to look at the photo files on my laptop, they're no longer there. They are not in the Recycle Bin, nor in any other folder. Can anyone help me figured...
  3. Disappearing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing files: I copied some photos from my camera to my laptop. Then I uploaded the photos from my laptop to Facebook. However, when I go to look at the photo files on my laptop, they're no longer there. They are not in the Recycle Bin, nor in any other folder. Can anyone help me figured...
  4. DISAPPEARING FILES

DISAPPEARING FILES: Hello I am Raj from Ladhani Metal Corporationi have a w11 pro pc and it sometimes has an annoying habit of when opening a folder all the files in the folder will vanish as if being deleted leaving just an icon and no file name...
  5. Disappearing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing files: When I search 'online ' for older messages in any Mail folder, when I click on any located file, that file and then any others located immediately scroll away, leaving me unable to open them. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I'm using Windows 10....
  6. Disappearing Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing Files: Recently, stuff written to my hard drive disappears without warning.1 I spent many hours last night writing a Python script. in IDLE. As you will be aware, each time we run a script in IDLE, it necessarily saves it before running. I modified and rant hat script many times in...
  7. File disappearing

File disappearing: Sir my father have a windows 10 laptop from DELL company and I have a windows 10 laptop from HP company, but the problem is that some of the important files from my father's laptop are being transferred into my laptop in .xls form and being disappeared in his desktop. How...
  8. File disappearing.

File disappearing.: Hello,A couple of months ago I tried to download a plug-in for after effects called, Saber, by video copilot, but when I install the file, it disappears after a couple of seconds, I have tried to install it on another location but it just disappears....
  9. disappearing files

disappearing files: All my word document seem to have gone into the one drive. However I cannot access any of them, the computer tells me they are not available, nor are they available in the C Drive any ideas where I can retrieve them from please I have now found the files but they are only...
  10. Disappearing Files

Disappearing Files: Twice now I have transferred jpg files from my android phone to my computer running windows 10 only to have them disappear later. I know the photos initially transferred properly as I see them in the folder. I have opened some of them and even edited them on the computer. I...