Windows 10: DISKPART CLEAN

Discus and support DISKPART CLEAN in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why won't diskpart clean work on my laptop? Thank you [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by timmaddox, Apr 5, 2019.

1. timmaddox Win User

DISKPART CLEAN

Why won't

diskpart clean work on my laptop?

Thank you

DISKPART CLEAN fe4f9b31-b7e0-4dc3-8f33-992445e6ab0c?upload=true.png

:)

timmaddox, Apr 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

DISKPART CLEAN

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Bree, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

DISKPART CLEAN

1. DISKPART CLEAN - Similar Threads - DISKPART CLEAN

2. Data recovery after diskpart clean command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data recovery after diskpart clean command: Hi Laptop: Asuspro 2520LJI encountered this error when reinstalling Windows 10: "the selected disk has an mbr partition table on efi systems windows can only be installed to gpt...". what did i do?shift+F10 = open command prompt Diskpart List disk result: I had two disks, one...
  3. Data recovery after diskpart clean command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data recovery after diskpart clean command: Hi Laptop: Asuspro 2520LJI encountered this error when reinstalling Windows 10: "the selected disk has an mbr partition table on efi systems windows can only be installed to gpt...". what did i do?shift+F10 = open command prompt Diskpart List disk result: I had two disks, one...
  4. Data recovery after diskpart clean command

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I cleaned the only volume in diskpart through command line and now I am getting No Bootable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cleaned the only volume in diskpart through command line and now I am getting No Bootable...: Crux of the issue - check the last 3 paragraphs.My Story to how I got here:Initially I was trying to partition my c drive I only had 1 large partition with no unallocated space, to create a new drive P. Then during the process when AOMEI Partition Software was working in...
  6. I cleaned the only volume in diskpart through command line and now I am getting No Bootable...

I cleaned the only volume in diskpart through command line and now I am getting No Bootable...: Crux of the issue - check the last 3 paragraphs.My Story to how I got here:Initially I was trying to partition my c drive I only had 1 large partition with no unallocated space, to create a new drive P. Then during the process when AOMEI Partition Software was working in...
  7. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...: Hello Asad hereOne random day my laptop which is an Asus Tuf dash f15 got bitlocker locked. My brother got me this laptop for university so I wasn't able to find the bitlocker recovery key. Its been 2 days since Ive been trying to resolve this issue. So I first started with...
  8. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...: Hello Asad hereOne random day my laptop which is an Asus Tuf dash f15 got bitlocker locked. My brother got me this laptop for university so I wasn't able to find the bitlocker recovery key. Its been 2 days since Ive been trying to resolve this issue. So I first started with...
  9. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. cant make 1 week without clean install...nomatter what, allways ends with diskpart and...

cant make 1 week without clean install...nomatter what, allways ends with diskpart and...: TPM:This device cannot start. Code 10 A protocol error was detected between the driver and the device. Enabled in bios nonexistent in windows.deleted from device mgnr., restart, no effect. TPM.msc says no TPM anywhere. tried every forum/website available to no avail. 3 days...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 diskpart clean