Windows 10: Diskpart command info needed?

Discus and support Diskpart command info needed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a UEFI boot laptop (not Legacy BIOS). If I was to use Diskpart to create a Windows 10 bootable USB flash drive for UEFI only would the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sportsfan148, May 11, 2018.

1. Diskpart command info needed?

Hi,
    I have a UEFI boot laptop (not Legacy BIOS).
    If I was to use Diskpart to create a Windows 10 bootable USB flash drive for UEFI only would the following commands be correct? If my understanding is correct there is no need for the "Active" command to be typed in as it isn't required for UEFI bootable PC's/laptops or have I got that wrong?
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <- replace # with the actual disk number of the USB flash drive
    clean <- this will erase the disk selected above, make sure it is the USB flash drive!
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    format fs=fat32
    exit

Also, just as a matter of interest. Would it also be possible to do this procedure using Disk Management? Obviously you would have to perform the "Clean" command using Diskpart first as that command isn't available in Disk Management as far as I know

:)

sportsfan148, May 11, 2018
  2. Time Lady Win User

COMPATABILITY

You could try diskpart to see if it’s listed there.

6. Open a Command Prompt W/ administration rights.

○ Type in "DiskPart" in command line.

○ Type in "list disk" in command line to show all disks in this machine.

○ Use "select" to set the focus to the specified partition.

For example "select disk 1".

○ Use "clean" command.

○ Use "Exit" to Close Disk Part.

1. Go back to Disk Management, you can see GPT disk is "Not Initialized" now.

2. Within Disk Management, right click on disk info, choose "Initialize Disk", You can see disk is "Unallocated" now.

3. Right click on disk info, choose "New Partition…", follow Partition Wizard and format it.

Time Lady, May 11, 2018
  3. Time Lady Win User
    toshiba external hdd not recognized in windows 10

Under device manager is there anything with a yellow triangle?

Using command prompt>diskpart is the drive seen?

If so then you can use diskpart to clean the drive then it should be seen by disk management where you will be able to format it - choose MBR to have the drive compatible with previous Windows versions.

If there's something on the drive you wish to keep then plug it into another computer & save the contents.

• Type in "DiskPart" in command line.
    • Type in "list disk" in command line to show all disks in this machine.
    • Use "select" to set the focus to the specified partition.

For example "select disk 1".
    • Use "clean" command to remove GPT disk from the current in-focus disk by zeroing sectors.
    • Go back to Disk Management, you can see GPT disk is "Not Initialized" now.
    • Within Disk Management, right click on disk info, choose "Initialize Disk", You can see GPT disk is "Unallocated" now.
    • Right click on disk info, choose "New Partition…", follow Partition Wizard and format it.

Time Lady, May 11, 2018
Thema:

Diskpart command info needed?

1. Diskpart command info needed? - Similar Threads - Diskpart command info

2. Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed - Data Loss After DiskPart Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed - Data Loss After DiskPart Commands: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a data loss issue I encountered while performing DiskPart commands on my E: drive. Description of the Issue: Earlier today, I mistakenly executed the following...
  3. Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed - Data Loss After DiskPart Commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed - Data Loss After DiskPart Commands: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a data loss issue I encountered while performing DiskPart commands on my E: drive. Description of the Issue: Earlier today, I mistakenly executed the following...
  4. diskpart command error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    diskpart command error: while cleaning with cmd , got the following errorDiskPart has encountered an error: Access is deniedwhen i check the system log i saw an error code: 5@0101000F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-command-error/78ebf471-dd52-4232-92d7-b8eaa0f14b4d
  5. diskpart command error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    diskpart command error: while cleaning with cmd , got the following errorDiskPart has encountered an error: Access is deniedwhen i check the system log i saw an error code: 5@0101000F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-command-error/78ebf471-dd52-4232-92d7-b8eaa0f14b4d
  6. Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake: I'm in a pickle and need somebody to help me. While removing some unnecessary partitions in HDD, I accidentally ran "clean" command instead of using "delete partition" command in DiskPart. Right after that, I also ran "create partition primary" command. But fortunately, I...
  7. Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake: Hey geeks, My PC was having some trouble from last few days, so during the chkdsk, it made one of my partition RAW. So, in order to repair it, I accidently ran clean command in diskpart of Command Prompt Admin on my 1 TB HDD. Then I closed the command prompt immediately...
  8. convert mbr not needed after diskpart clean command?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    convert mbr not needed after diskpart clean command?: @NavyLCDR, you said in another thread: The clean command in diskpart automatically converts the drive to MBR. "Convert MBR" is never necessary after the "clean" command. I tested this and does not appear to be the case. Flash drive is GPT before and after the clean command...
  9. inconsistent partition info in disk manager / diskpart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    inconsistent partition info in disk manager / diskpart: Hello Forum! I hope I can find a guru here, who can explain the "interesting" phenomena of different partition types (in disk manager it's actually listed in the "status" column) being displayed by disk manager vs diskpart. The setup: disk0 has 8 partitions (3 primary,...
  10. Need diskpart commands

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need diskpart commands: I am going to reinstall but i forgot the typical diskpart commands that i want to do before hand on my SSD , i know clean is one of them but i forgot the others . I just have one SSD for boot and usage . Thank you 19116

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diskpart info column