Windows 10: diskpart doesn't show disk

Discus and support diskpart doesn't show disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air. However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ze ultimo, Sep 25, 2020.

1. ze ultimo Win User

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

:)

ze ultimo, Sep 25, 2020

2. Disk showing in Disk Management, But not DiskPart

Hello!

So, today I was doing a friend a favor, he had an old 1TB hard drive with important photos on it. He said he would appreciate it if I could move the photos to a different hard drive.

So, I hooked it up to my self-built PC (with a SATA port) and it didn't show up in file explorer.

So, I checked Disk Management to see if it would show up there, and it did. I later realized why it didn't show up in file explorer (Because it didn't have a drive letter). In Disk Management, I right clicked the primary partition only to find that it wouldn't
    let me assign a drive letter.

I remembered there was another way to assign drive letters, with DiskPart. So I typed this into Command Prompt:

diskpart > list volume

In DiskPart, It showed the drive's EFI system partition (partition 1) but not the (Healthy) Primary Partition (partition 2).

Also in DiskPart, I could type "list disk" and it would show me the 1TB drive, if I then typed "list partition" it would show me the different partitions, but wouldn't let me assign a drive letter to them.

In summary, Disk Management showed the partition, but wouldn't assign a drive letter. DiskPart showed the partition 1, but not the primary partition.

My objective is to show the photos located on the 1TB drive's 2nd partition without erasing it.

I would be happy to add pictures if necessary.

Thanks!

John-Louis Barton, Sep 25, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

diskpart doesn't show disk [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Cheriseru Win User

Faulty harddrives

Thanks for the suggestion but as I stated the drive doesn't show up in Disk management. I just tried the Diskpart steps and it's not listed on there either

Cheriseru, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. diskpart doesn't show disk - Similar Threads - diskpart doesn't show

2. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart: Hi, recently I wanted to format my fat32 external hard disk to NTFS. I copied the files and in between the copy was stopped and my laptop was hanged, when I unplugged the external hard disk the hang issue was sorted. When I again inserted my hard disk, it hung again, somehow,...
  3. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart: Hi, recently I wanted to format my fat32 external hard disk to NTFS. I copied the files and in between the copy was stopped and my laptop was hanged, when I unplugged the external hard disk the hang issue was sorted. When I again inserted my hard disk, it hung again, somehow,...
  4. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hi, why is diskpart showing disk 2 instead of disk 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, why is diskpart showing disk 2 instead of disk 1?: My C Drive is 0, but why is my backup drive 2? Shouldn't it be 1?Windows 11 Pro Latest version 21H2 22000.194 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-why-is-diskpart-showing-disk-2-instead-of-disk/5cb4c291-2d06-43cf-9418-48393c5882e0
  6. Hi, why is diskpart showing disk 2 instead of disk 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, why is diskpart showing disk 2 instead of disk 1?: My C Drive is 0, but why is my backup drive 2? Shouldn't it be 1?Windows 11 Pro Latest version 21H2 22000.194 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-why-is-diskpart-showing-disk-2-instead-of-disk/5cb4c291-2d06-43cf-9418-48393c5882e0
  7. Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error: [ATTACH]If you receive an error message which says — There are no fixed disks to show, when using diskpart in Windows 10/8/7, then this post […] This article Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows doesn't show up my external disk, and does not list as a volume in diskpart

Windows doesn't show up my external disk, and does not list as a volume in diskpart: Hi, Recently when I unplugged and plugged my drive in my computer, the disk management showed it should re structure the format or something, and then I clicked hoping to get done with the pop-up, but then I ended up with this, 1. The drive which was always working in the...
  9. Disk Mgt sees internal HDD as "Uninitialized", Diskpart doesn't

Disk Mgt sees internal HDD as "Uninitialized", Diskpart doesn't: Every now & then this HDD won't initialize but eventually works. It's 1.5Tb & so unreliable I don't put data on it anymore. I check periodically & it's been okay each time. Yesterday I needed to organize data so I used the drive & naturally today, it won't initialize! I don't...
  10. W10 Diskpart/disk list

W10 Diskpart/disk list: Hi to all and thank you to Spunk and Navy LCDR - Issue almost resolved from your help. I have just installed, in my notebook an old SSD EVO 850 Samsung as a 'second' separate SSD to use for a back-up. When I try to use Diskpart to clean this SSD I encounter a hitch....