Windows 10: DiskPart.exe problem

Discus and support DiskPart.exe problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, When I go to diskpart and type "list disk", it shows the total amount of space that my hard-disk has, but the amount of free space shown is 0 B.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ian Chen54321, Mar 1, 2020.

1. DiskPart.exe problem

Hi,

When I go to diskpart and type "list disk", it shows the total amount of space that my hard-disk has, but the amount of free space shown is 0 B. My hard-disk's free space is definitely more than 0 B. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

:)

Ian Chen54321, Mar 1, 2020

2. Diskpart problems?

Hi again, I tried what you suggested and got the same error message as before. I spoke to a guy on another forum and he suggested typing the "Active" command before doing the Format.
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <-replace # with the actual number for the USB flash drive
    clean
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    active
    format fs=fat32 quick
    He tried it on a Windows 7 PC with the Active command straight after format and he was told to select a partition again...but when selecting Active first before format it was fine.
    Im thinking that might be the case on my Windows 10 laptop too but instead of getting a reminder to select a partition I get an error. After the error message If I select a partition and Type Active everything is OK. It seems a bit strange I know!!

Can I ask you though. Is it OK to type the Active command before the Format command or should Active only be typed into Diskpart after the Format has been done?

sportsfan148, Mar 1, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Uninstall problem

Open the Admin Command Prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. List disk
    3. select disk # where # is the disk that contains hidden partitions
    4. list par
    5. select partition #
    6. delete partition OVERRIDE
    7. repeat steps 5 & 6 for the additional hidden partitions.
    8. exit
    OR:
    if you want to clean the whole disk, after step 3 above
    Type: clean
    Type: exit

topgundcp, Mar 1, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

DiskPart.exe problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

DiskPart.exe problem

1. DiskPart.exe problem - Similar Threads - DiskPart exe problem

2. HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem: I've had problems with restarting my laptop, in the past I found a c command prompt online and was able to use that and it corrected the problem. I've gone to the Diskpart screen and it seems out of order as follows:Volume 0 E DVD-ROM 0B No MediaVolume 1 C Windows NTFS...
  3. Diskpart Clean USB Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diskpart Clean USB Problem: I recently created a bootable USB device for Windows 10 then did these steps I found on the web: Plug in the flash drive. At a command prompt run: diskpart List disk (Enter) Select disk (number of flash drive) (Press Enter) Clean (It will wipe the drive completely, including...
  4. Exe file problem

Exe file problem: In my pc some of the exe file setups are not opening.Whenever i open them nothing shows up no error screen nothing. It does the same when i open chrome setup it shows nothing . Plzz fix this problem....
  5. diskpart

in Windows 10 Customization
    diskpart: I am trying to remove write protection from a CD. My diskpart does not show the disk drive, only my main hard drive disk. Any hekp would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart/ac0f87d5-94cd-417d-af8b-74bc8126bfda
  6. .exe Installation Problem

.exe Installation Problem: Hey everyone, I'm facing a weird and frustrating problem. I got a new Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB (Freedos) a couple days ago. I installed Windows 10 with the .iso file I got from Windows. I entered my license key and I updated drivers, installed all Windows updates and...
  7. Diskpart problems?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Diskpart problems?: I used the following method to create a bootable USB flash drive and got the following error straight after the "Active" command was typed. "Diskpart has encountered an error. The system cannot find the file specified. See the system event log for more information". All the...
  8. problem with diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem with diskpart: hi there, In order to reclaim unallocated space on a USB stick , I was recommended to use DISKPART But something went wrong. I used the following commands: 1) DISKPART 2) LIST DISK 3) SELECT DISK 3 ( I used Disk Manager to find that out) 4) CLEAN 5) CREATE...
  9. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...
  10. Diskpart problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Diskpart problem: Used reflect to do image backup on another drive and all went well. Both drives have same data,they are exact.If I boot machine with only one drive powered all is good,if I power up the other drive to update a file Diskpart does not see the other drive. Use to do all the time...