Windows 10: Diskpart format H: /FS:FAT32 for leaving windows “Automatic Repair, Your PC Did Not Start...

Discus and support Diskpart format H: /FS:FAT32 for leaving windows “Automatic Repair, Your PC Did Not Start... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear community, I am currently trapped in the cycle of “Automatic Repair, Your PC Did Not Start Correctly” cycle. I found this thread which discusses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by exceluser_123, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Diskpart format H: /FS:FAT32 for leaving windows “Automatic Repair, Your PC Did Not Start...

Dear community,

I am currently trapped in the cycle of “Automatic Repair, Your PC Did Not Start Correctly” cycle. I found this thread which discusses how this can be https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-bootrec-fixboot-access-is-denied/747c4180-7ff3-4bc2-b6cc-81e572d546df.

1. Insert the Media DVD/USB in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.

Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:

Type in the command:

Diskpart

Type in the command:

List disk Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0

Type in the command:

Sel disk 0

Type in the command:

List vol Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4

Type in the command:

Sel vol 4

Type in the command:

assign letter=H:

Type in the command:

Exit

Type in the command:

H:

After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:

Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:

format V: /FS:FAT32

Type in the command: bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI This replaces the above crossed out lines and works in Win 10 1709

-----

I had to start at step 3 since I only have my Laptop and thus no other device to boot from. Everything works until the command "format V: /FS:FAT32". After entering this and its volume label SYTEM_DRV, following warning is shown:

WARNING, ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE H: WILL BE LOST! Proceed with Format Y/N?

I am not sure whether this was intended from the original post or whether I might be a different case? Will my computer be able to boot afterwards? Before the reformatting, H is a FAT32 partition with 260 MB and healthy status that according to my understanding is responsible for booting?

I am not sure how else I could escape the boot cycle.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

:)

exceluser_123, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Cast Win User
    USB wont format using diskpart

I leave this in case the case is running differently.

• cmd
    • diskpart
    • list disk "
    • select disk x
    • clean
    • create partition primary
    • activate
    • format fs = ntfs quick
    • or
    • format fs = fat32 quick "if we will load Linux. If only for storage format with NTFS.

4. kenkickr Win User

Diskpart format H: /FS:FAT32 for leaving windows “Automatic Repair, Your PC Did Not Start...

FAT32 formatting

If you can plug the drive into a XP system you can partition and format to FAT32 through Drive Configuration. Heres the steps

1. Click Start and go to your control panel

2. Go into Administrative Tools and then open up Computer Management

3. Now click on Disk Management that is located under Storage.

On the right you should see your drive that you want to format to FAT32. Just right click the drive, select format, and switch partition to Fat32. You may need to delete the volume if it will not let you change to Fat32 and then repartition. I have used this many times.

kenkickr, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Diskpart format H: /FS:FAT32 for leaving windows “Automatic Repair, Your PC Did Not Start...

1. Diskpart format H: /FS:FAT32 for leaving windows “Automatic Repair, Your PC Did Not Start... - Similar Threads - Diskpart format FAT32

2. Automatic Repair / Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Repair / Your PC did not start correctly: I started my Sony Vaio Laptop earlier and since then, the repetitive Automatic Repair appears. Listed below are the options I tried that didn't solve the problem. Restarting the laptop Advanced Options > Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Keep my files Advanced Options >...
  3. "Automatic Repair, Your PC did not start correctly" Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Automatic Repair, Your PC did not start correctly" Error: When I turned on my laptop, there was a prompt that says "something didn't load correctly," The only option was a button "ok" so I clicked it and I typed the password and got it. Then there was a notification that says I need to fix my Microsoft account so I typed my password...
  4. Automatic repair-Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic repair-Your PC did not start correctly: Hi I am facing Automatic Repair error When I go to Advance Options click on Startup Repair or System Restore or any options ,showing my account to login with password but when I enter correct password also showing incorrect. Please help...
  5. Automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly.: submitted by /u/timothy5597 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgk5pn/automatic_repair_your_pc_did_not_start_correctly/
  6. Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly: For the past 2 days my wife's laptop has been giving the "Your PC did not start correctly" error. Choosing "Restart" has always worked ... so far. The most obvious recent change: I upgraded the laptop from 1903 to 1909 last Friday, but there were at least 4 unproblematic...
  7. Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly

Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly: Hello! I've ran into a bit of an issue, I can't seem to boot into windows. My system is uefi, windows x64 1903 build and I am stuck in automatic repair loop and can't even boot into safe mode, automatic repair starts immediately after trying to boot into safe mode. I...
  8. Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly

Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly: Hi - I was encouraged by the IT contact at my company to upgrade Windows. When I di, I would not allow me to restate my computer. We went through advanced option to try to reverse it, but I'm still unable to start my computer, so he suggested I chat with Microsoft. Can you...
  9. Your PC did not start correctly(Stuck in automatic repair)

Your PC did not start correctly(Stuck in automatic repair): Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I performed a regular chkdsk checkup during boot time, during the scan of disk in the night, I fell asleep hoping to get it done by morning and had did not plugged the power into my laptop. As a result, I think the battery ran out and scan & disk...
  10. Automatic Repair Your PC did not start correctly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Your PC did not start correctly?: My windows 10 laptop was working fine yesterday, turned it on today and it comes up with Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly. I don't know how to fix it and I think I've tried every option and tutorial under the sun as I don't want to lose my files? Any idea...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. format V: /FS:FAT32