Windows 10: Diskpart Script To Map Network Drive Not Working

Discus and support Diskpart Script To Map Network Drive Not Working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WinVer: 2004 Hey everyone! About a week ago, I managed to sysprep and capture a Windows 10 image and place it on a Network Share and successfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by edmonddantes182, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Diskpart Script To Map Network Drive Not Working

WinVer: 2004

Hey everyone!

About a week ago, I managed to sysprep and capture a Windows 10 image and place it on a Network Share and successfully install the image to one of my VM's using WinPE and DISM.

For a next step, I've trying to automate the process so that when WinPE first boots, it will convert the disk to GPT, create the System, MSR, and Primary partition and than map the network drive and apply the image using DISM as before

I've managed to get WinPE to convert the disk to GPT and create the three main partitions, but when I go to map the network drive, the script doesn't continue.

How I have it setup is that I have the "starnet.cmd" file in the WinPE ISO, (in X:\Windows\System32) pointing to a separate .txt file (deploy.txt) that contains my diskpart commands. The deploy.txt file is also located in the WinPE ISO at "X:\Windows\System32"

I believe my main issue is that diskpart doesn't support the "net use" commands for mapping network drives, but I'm not able to figure out how to get the script to continue after it leaves diskpart.

Here is the text for my "startnet.cmd" file:

DISKPART /s X:\Windows\System32\deploy.txt

My "deploy.txt" file is attached below

If anyone could offer any advice and/or tips, that would be awesome!

:)

edmonddantes182, Oct 26, 2020
  2. CraigS Win User

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-version-1809

Compumind, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Diskpart Script To Map Network Drive Not Working

Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-version-1809

Brink, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Diskpart Script To Map Network Drive Not Working

1. Diskpart Script To Map Network Drive Not Working - Similar Threads - Diskpart Script Map

2. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  3. Network drives not mapping

Network drives not mapping: Windows 10 1909. I set up a few network drive maps via explorer with the box checked to reconnect at logon. When the user logs in the drive maps aren't there any more, which is really annoying because some of the apps come from the server. I've seen other posts that say I...
  4. Mapping Network Drive Issues

Mapping Network Drive Issues: We have a external hard drive attached to our router that is accessible to our small business on our network. We have 3 other computers (2 Windows and 1 Mac) that are accessing it now. But we got 2 new computers that were just added to the network and I can not find the drive...
  5. mapping network drive

mapping network drive: I have 3 computers networked through a Linksys router. To the router we connected a 2TB external storage device. I can map the drive on one computer but not the other 2. It appears as though I don't have the correct permissions to locate the drive. When I pull up the map...
  6. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  7. Map network drive not working in windows 10 solution

Map network drive not working in windows 10 solution: I have done the solution of windows 10. download MediaCreationTool1809 from windows website and install it after that restart your system and make sure your firewall is on condition.
  8. Map Network Drive

Map Network Drive: What to do with the following error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network...
  9. Mapped network drives not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Mapped network drives not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Mapped Network Drives are very useful when you need to connect to a drive which is on a different computer, or on an external storage. It makes accessing files easy. However, if your mapped network drives don’t work in Windows [...] This post Mapped network drives...
  10. Mapping as a network drive function not working properly

Mapping as a network drive function not working properly: Hello, I'm running a Windows 10 Pro 64bit desktop PC and I'm trying to map network drives. I have always been able to map them correctly using the IP Address of the drive and browsing. But for some reason recently (I realized I forgot to map a drive, so I went to add it) I...