Windows 10: DISKPART VIRTUAL DISK ERROR...."The object is not found."

Discus and support DISKPART VIRTUAL DISK ERROR...."The object is not found." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, My apologies up front for a long post, and most likely some information that you don't need. But I want to be thorough and make sure I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sameltopia, May 16, 2019.

1. DISKPART VIRTUAL DISK ERROR...."The object is not found."

Hello all,

My apologies up front for a long post, and most likely some information that you don't need. But I want to be thorough and make sure I include everything that might be pertinent.

I built a desktop back in October of 2018, and it's worked great up until a couple days ago.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
    Motherboard: Z370-EGAMING LGA1151
    Video: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    HDD: 970 EVO Plus

I have a total of 4 monitors hooked up. ASUS sent out an update for my graphics card on 5/9/19, and that's when the problems started. After I downloaded and installed the graphics update, I was playing Witcher 3 and everything went haywire. The graphics system became very unstable, the game crashed (which isn't all that rare), and I could only use 1 monitor for whatever reason. I re-installed the video card drivers, and that fixed the problem temporarily.

Everything seemed to be working fine....played the game again, and voila, same thing happened....graphics became unstable, and I could only use 1 monitor. So I reinstalled the video card drivers again, to no avail. Down to 1 monitor.

Long story short, I decided the best course of action was to just reinstall everything, including Windows 10. In hindsight, I should have posted here first.

So when I attempt to load Windows from the bootable USB stick, I get to the point where it asks:

"Where do you want to install Windows?"

Drive 0 Unallocated Space - Total size 232.9GB - Free Space 232.9 GB

When I attempt to select this drive, at the bottom it says, "Windows can't be installed on this drive". When I click on that message it says, "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

So I did some research, and found DISKPART.

Here's where I'm at now:

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
    ------------ --------------------------- ----------- ---------- ----- ------
    Disk 0 Online 232 GB 232 GB
    Disk 1 Online 14GB 857 MB

(Disk 1 is the Windows USB Stick)

I've cleaned the Disk 0, and that command works fine.

When I attempt to CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY, I get this message:

DISKPART> CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

Virtual Disk Service error:
    The object is not found.

Unfortunately, among all the research I've done, and youtube videos I've watched, there's not one that addresses this specific issue.

When I run the DETAIL command, I get:

DISKPART> DETAIL DISK

Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 250GB
    Disk ID: 00000000
    Type : NVMe
    Path : 0
    Target : 0
    LUN ID : 0
    Location Path : PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1D00)#PCI(0000)#NVME(P00T00L00)
    Current Read-only State: No
    Read-only: No
    Boot Disk: No
    Pagefile Disk: No
    Hibernation File Disk: No
    Crashdump Disk: No
    Clustered Disk: No

There are no volumes.

You guys have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

sameltopia, May 16, 2019

2. DISKPART says "Virtual Disk Service error: The disk's extent information is corrupted" ? Which disk is "The disk's"? How to fix this?

I had to reinstall Windows 10, and since I did that I can't re-create a RAID-1 mirror on two identical disks.

It doesn't matter if I used the GUI Disk Manager or the command line
    DISKPART, so I'll post the command line version here

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.16299.15

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.

On computer: ARES

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---

Disk 0 Online 111 GB 0 B

Disk 1 Online 5589 GB 9 GB * *

Disk 2 Online 5589 GB 5588 GB * *

DISKPART> list volume

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------

Volume 0 D 5.45TB NTFS Simple 5579 GB Healthy

Volume 1 System Rese NTFS Partition 350 MB Healthy System

Volume 2 C NTFS Partition 111 GB Healthy Boot

Volume 3 NTFS Partition 450 MB Healthy Hidden

DISKPART> select volume 0

Volume 0 is the selected volume.

DISKPART> add disk =2

Virtual Disk Service error:

The disk's extent information is corrupted.

DiskPart has referenced an object which is not up-to-date.

Refresh the object by using the RESCAN command.

If the problem persists exit DiskPart, then restart DiskPart or restart the

computer.

Attempts to get an answer from Microsoft for this have met with:

- reinstall Windows - didn't fix it from a clean USB-based install;

- in-place update ("I promise this will fix it") - didn't fix it

I've been using Windows for 30 years and I've never had this problem. It's clear nobody at Microsoft seems able to help....!

BrianButterworth, May 16, 2019
  3. DISKPART CLEAN

Hello

I'm Peter F independent Advisor

You will get this error when you are using diskpart clean command on system disk. The system disk contains the Windows operating system files and other critical files, if you are allowed to clean the system disk, all the data and partitions will be gone. That
    will result in a lot of errors and chaos. Meanwhile, the delete volume is greyed out in Disk Management. In this case, the new SSD drive may be regarded as the system disk due to the system files, etc.

Using Windows installation disc to clean

If you have the Windows installation disc, you can follow these steps to solve clean is not allowed issue in Windows 7/8/10:

1. Insert the Windows installation disc, then boot from it.

2. Click Repair your computer> Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.

3. Then input the diskpart commands to clean hard disk:

diskpart

list disk

select disk [disknumber]

clean

Diskpart Clean

Then you could create a new partition on the drive to solve this problem.

Reference

https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/virtual...

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, May 16, 2019
  4. DISKPART VIRTUAL DISK ERROR...."The object is not found."

Disk showing in Disk Management, But not DiskPart

Hello!

So, today I was doing a friend a favor, he had an old 1TB hard drive with important photos on it. He said he would appreciate it if I could move the photos to a different hard drive.

So, I hooked it up to my self-built PC (with a SATA port) and it didn't show up in file explorer.

So, I checked Disk Management to see if it would show up there, and it did. I later realized why it didn't show up in file explorer (Because it didn't have a drive letter). In Disk Management, I right clicked the primary partition only to find that it wouldn't
    let me assign a drive letter.

I remembered there was another way to assign drive letters, with DiskPart. So I typed this into Command Prompt:

diskpart > list volume

In DiskPart, It showed the drive's EFI system partition (partition 1) but not the (Healthy) Primary Partition (partition 2).

Also in DiskPart, I could type "list disk" and it would show me the 1TB drive, if I then typed "list partition" it would show me the different partitions, but wouldn't let me assign a drive letter to them.

In summary, Disk Management showed the partition, but wouldn't assign a drive letter. DiskPart showed the partition 1, but not the primary partition.

My objective is to show the photos located on the 1TB drive's 2nd partition without erasing it.

I would be happy to add pictures if necessary.

Thanks!

John-Louis Barton, May 16, 2019
Thema:

DISKPART VIRTUAL DISK ERROR...."The object is not found."

1. DISKPART VIRTUAL DISK ERROR...."The object is not found." - Similar Threads - DISKPART VIRTUAL DISK

2. Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, The specified disk is not convertible

in Windows 10 News
    Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, The specified disk is not convertible: [ATTACH]If you are a Windows 11/10 user, you probably know that you can convert an MBR disk into a GPT one via the Disk Management Console or the Diskpart utility. Both Master Boot Record (MBR) and GUID Partition Table (GPT) are the partition styles for a hard disk. The GPT...
  3. Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, There is not enough usable space

in Windows 10 News
    Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, There is not enough usable space: [ATTACH]While creating a partition on a hard disk by using the Diskpart utility, some users encountered the error “There is not enough usable space for this operation.” According to the error message, you are unable to create a new partition because of the lack of usable...
  4. Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error Delete is not allowed

in Windows 10 News
    Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error Delete is not allowed: [ATTACH]Diskpart is a powerful command-line tool developed by Microsoft that lets users manage hard drives on a Windows computer. By using the Diskpart utility, you can create partitions on a hard drive, delete partitions from a hard drive, format a particular partition on a...
  5. Virtual Disk Image Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk Image Error: After my VirtualBox VM of Windows 7 became inaccessible, I deleted it and replaced it with another virtual machine, but used the same virtual disk image as the old one. However, after I deleted the old one, I realized that my virtual disk image was removed along with the...
  6. Virtual Disk Image Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Disk Image Error: After my VirtualBox VM of Windows 7 became inaccessible, I deleted it and replaced it with another virtual machine, but used the same virtual disk image as the old one. However, after I deleted the old one, I realized that my virtual disk image was removed along with the...
  7. Virtual Disk Service error: The operation is not supported by the object.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Disk Service error: The operation is not supported by the object.: I had dual booted a linux operating system in my HDD and now as I have removed it, i want to delete all the partitions and want to merge the unallocated disk space to my D drive and for that I had to delete the partitions but it gives me an error when I try to delete them...
  8. Virtual Disk Service error: The operation is not supported by the object.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk Service error: The operation is not supported by the object.: I had dual booted a linux operating system in my HDD and now as I have removed it, i want to delete all the partitions and want to merge the unallocated disk space to my D drive and for that I had to delete the partitions but it gives me an error when I try to delete them...
  9. Virtual Disk Service error: The operation is not supported by the object.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error: [ATTACH]If you receive an error message which says — There are no fixed disks to show, when using diskpart in Windows 10/8/7, then this post […] This article Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual disk service error the object is not found

2. diskpart object not found

3. خطای virtual disk service error the object is not found lost volume

4. convert mbr virtual disk service error the object is not found,
  5. diskpart virtual disk service error the object is not found,
  6. virtual diak service error the object is not foind,
  7. virtual disk service error: the object is not found,
  8. how to fix virtual disk service error: object not found,
  9. diskpart disk online the object is not found,
  10. diskpart volume delete the object is not found,
  11. why cant some laptop support virtual disk in using diskpart?,