Windows 10: Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, There is not enough usable space

Discus and support Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, There is not enough usable space in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]While creating a partition on a hard disk by using the Diskpart utility, some users encountered the error “There is not enough usable space for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 25, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, There is not enough usable space

Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, There is not enough usable space Diskpart-Virtual-Disk-Service-error-There-is-not-enough-usable-space.png
    While creating a partition on a hard disk by using the Diskpart utility, some users encountered the error “There is not enough usable space for this operation.” According to the error message, you are unable to create a new partition because of the lack of usable space on your hard disk. In this article, we […]

This article Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, There is not enough usable space first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 25, 2022
  2. ze ultimo Win User

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, May 25, 2022
  3. DISKPART says "Virtual Disk Service error: The disk's extent information is corrupted" ? Which disk is "The disk's"? How to fix this?

I had to reinstall Windows 10, and since I did that I can't re-create a RAID-1 mirror on two identical disks.

It doesn't matter if I used the GUI Disk Manager or the command line
    DISKPART, so I'll post the command line version here

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.16299.15

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.

On computer: ARES

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---

Disk 0 Online 111 GB 0 B

Disk 1 Online 5589 GB 9 GB * *

Disk 2 Online 5589 GB 5588 GB * *

DISKPART> list volume

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------

Volume 0 D 5.45TB NTFS Simple 5579 GB Healthy

Volume 1 System Rese NTFS Partition 350 MB Healthy System

Volume 2 C NTFS Partition 111 GB Healthy Boot

Volume 3 NTFS Partition 450 MB Healthy Hidden

DISKPART> select volume 0

Volume 0 is the selected volume.

DISKPART> add disk =2

Virtual Disk Service error:

The disk's extent information is corrupted.

DiskPart has referenced an object which is not up-to-date.

Refresh the object by using the RESCAN command.

If the problem persists exit DiskPart, then restart DiskPart or restart the

computer.

Attempts to get an answer from Microsoft for this have met with:

- reinstall Windows - didn't fix it from a clean USB-based install;

- in-place update ("I promise this will fix it") - didn't fix it

I've been using Windows for 30 years and I've never had this problem. It's clear nobody at Microsoft seems able to help....!

BrianButterworth, May 25, 2022
  4. Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, There is not enough usable space

Virtual disk service wont start

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Virtual Disk Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Virtual Disk service and
      Stop
      it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Virtual Disk
      service and set it to Automatic.
    • Restart the computer and it check if it works.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, There is not enough usable space

1. Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, There is not enough usable space - Similar Threads - Diskpart Virtual Disk

2. Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???: I am receiving a message that states, "not enough disk space" error message number 0x80780119, I just purchased a 4TB HDD. How is that not enough space??? I formatted it to use NTFS, I did a quick format because I tried to use a regular format and it ran on and on and never...
  3. Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???: I am receiving a message that states, "not enough disk space" error message number 0x80780119, I just purchased a 4TB HDD. How is that not enough space??? I formatted it to use NTFS, I did a quick format because I tried to use a regular format and it ran on and on and never...
  4. Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, The specified disk is not convertible

in Windows 10 News
    Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, The specified disk is not convertible: [ATTACH]If you are a Windows 11/10 user, you probably know that you can convert an MBR disk into a GPT one via the Disk Management Console or the Diskpart utility. Both Master Boot Record (MBR) and GUID Partition Table (GPT) are the partition styles for a hard disk. The GPT...
  5. Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error Delete is not allowed

in Windows 10 News
    Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error Delete is not allowed: [ATTACH]Diskpart is a powerful command-line tool developed by Microsoft that lets users manage hard drives on a Windows computer. By using the Diskpart utility, you can create partitions on a hard drive, delete partitions from a hard drive, format a particular partition on a...
  6. factory reset, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    factory reset, not enough disk space: i was gonna factory reset my laptop but it says i don’t have enough disk space. i’ve forgotten the password to my admin account and don’t have any local accounts so i can’t clear up some space that way. is there a way to clear up space without having to log in or force it to...
  7. DISKPART VIRTUAL DISK ERROR...."The object is not found."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISKPART VIRTUAL DISK ERROR...."The object is not found.": Hello all, My apologies up front for a long post, and most likely some information that you don't need. But I want to be thorough and make sure I include everything that might be pertinent. I built a desktop back in October of 2018, and it's worked great up until a couple...
  8. There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR: i tried to shrink space from C drive to make it unallocated , i gave 50GB from 631GB which i have still it always shows no enough space.....please help [ATTACH]...
  9. not enough disk space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not enough disk space.: I am trying to update windows 10 but it tells me I do not have enough disk space. I have added a flash driver and a sdhc but still says not enough disk space....
  10. Displaying the disk free space with Diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displaying the disk free space with Diskpart: Hi Starting the command prompt from the Windows 10 v1703 DVD, how do I display the disk free space to create other partitions using Diskpart utility? Thanks Bye 83257