Windows 10: Diskpart

Discus and support Diskpart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; C:\Windows\System32/diskpart.exe [ATTACH] The request is not supported. solution this problem I try any memory format is show is problem windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MdAkash1, May 13, 2019.

1. MdAkash1 Win User

Diskpart

C:\Windows\System32/diskpart.exe Diskpart 2168a3eb-b143-491f-adf0-1caeed09c099?upload=true.png

The request is not supported.

solution this problem

I try any memory format is show is problem windows was unable to computer the format.

Diskpart 08a674a0-cf05-45a5-a38e-5e74b3eef032?upload=true.png

:)

MdAkash1, May 13, 2019
  2. Cheriseru Win User

Faulty harddrives

Thanks for the suggestion but as I stated the drive doesn't show up in Disk management. I just tried the Diskpart steps and it's not listed on there either

Cheriseru, May 13, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 13, 2019
  4. Diskpart

Diskpart problems?

Hi again, I tried what you suggested and got the same error message as before. I spoke to a guy on another forum and he suggested typing the "Active" command before doing the Format.
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <-replace # with the actual number for the USB flash drive
    clean
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    active
    format fs=fat32 quick
    He tried it on a Windows 7 PC with the Active command straight after format and he was told to select a partition again...but when selecting Active first before format it was fine.
    Im thinking that might be the case on my Windows 10 laptop too but instead of getting a reminder to select a partition I get an error. After the error message If I select a partition and Type Active everything is OK. It seems a bit strange I know!!

Can I ask you though. Is it OK to type the Active command before the Format command or should Active only be typed into Diskpart after the Format has been done?

sportsfan148, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Diskpart

1. Diskpart - Similar Threads - Diskpart

2. Data recovery after diskpart clean command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data recovery after diskpart clean command: Hi Laptop: Asuspro 2520LJI encountered this error when reinstalling Windows 10: "the selected disk has an mbr partition table on efi systems windows can only be installed to gpt...". what did i do?shift+F10 = open command prompt Diskpart List disk result: I had two disks, one...
  3. Data recovery after diskpart clean command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data recovery after diskpart clean command: Hi Laptop: Asuspro 2520LJI encountered this error when reinstalling Windows 10: "the selected disk has an mbr partition table on efi systems windows can only be installed to gpt...". what did i do?shift+F10 = open command prompt Diskpart List disk result: I had two disks, one...
  4. Data recovery after diskpart clean command

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?: I accidentally removed the USB stick while in a command "clean". I know it's corrupted so I tried to fix it by formatting or removing it entirely since it has no files within the USB. Tried multiple applications till I found some applications that can actually read the USB...
  6. Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?: I accidentally removed the USB stick while in a command "clean". I know it's corrupted so I tried to fix it by formatting or removing it entirely since it has no files within the USB. Tried multiple applications till I found some applications that can actually read the USB...
  7. Unallocated space not visible when I DISKPART>list disk/volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unallocated space not visible when I DISKPART>list disk/volume: I was reinstalling Windows 10 as I do often, but this time when I formatted the partition to use, it fails to create new partition with the message "We couldn't create new partition. [Error: 0xd85956d0]". The next option I tried was to use cmd with diskpart to create new...
  8. Unallocated space not visible when I DISKPART>list disk/volume

Unallocated space not visible when I DISKPART>list disk/volume: I was reinstalling Windows 10 as I do often, but this time when I formatted the partition to use, it fails to create new partition with the message "We couldn't create new partition. [Error: 0xd85956d0]". The next option I tried was to use cmd with diskpart to create new...
  9. Unallocated space not visible when I DISKPART>list disk/volume

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. HDD is visible in Taskmanager and diskpart but not showing in pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD is visible in Taskmanager and diskpart but not showing in pc.: The PC has 1 Nvme and 1 HDD. I installed 2nd SSD and installed Windows 10 Home single Language on it. and updated windows. However, the other drives are not showing on the PC.But TASK MANAGER showing 2 SSD and 1 HDDDISK MANAGEMENT showing 2 SSD and 1 HDD online BUT DISKPART...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i format using diskpart is everything gone?