Windows 10: Disks in Windows 10

Discus and support Disks in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I defragment disks in Windows 10 - Device Manager doesn't seem to offer anything obvious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DerrickFutter, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Disks in Windows 10

How do I defragment disks in Windows 10 - Device Manager doesn't seem to offer anything obvious

:)

DerrickFutter, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Disks in Windows 10

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Disks in Windows 10

1. Disks in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disks

2. High disk usage when I unplug my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High disk usage when I unplug my laptop: Hello everyone, I've recently bought a new m.2 nvme, it's a kingston 1tb and it works pretty fine on my laptop, the problem comes when I unplug my laptop the disk usage spikes and its constant, not like when its plugged in it has some random spikes but they are not frequent...
  3. High disk usage when I unplug my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High disk usage when I unplug my laptop: Hello everyone, I've recently bought a new m.2 nvme, it's a kingston 1tb and it works pretty fine on my laptop, the problem comes when I unplug my laptop the disk usage spikes and its constant, not like when its plugged in it has some random spikes but they are not frequent...
  4. Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive: I recently encountered an issue with my system's disk configuration. I had two disks, one with Windows installed C drive and the other designated for additional storage D drive. However, the D drive encountered corruption, leading me to format it as the data within was not...
  5. Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive: I recently encountered an issue with my system's disk configuration. I had two disks, one with Windows installed C drive and the other designated for additional storage D drive. However, the D drive encountered corruption, leading me to format it as the data within was not...
  6. Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive

7. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  8. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  9. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Please Help ! i forgot my password laptop with disk locked Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help ! i forgot my password laptop with disk locked Bitlocker: Please help me ! I forgot my password laptop with disk locked BitlockerThanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-i-forgot-my-password-laptop-with-disk/7c7710a4-1ebd-4fe8-8d4e-84b6e613098c