Windows 10: dism and bitlocker

Discus and support dism and bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi There are 2 drives, system and data. Both encrypted with bitlocker. Every boot they are decrypted and accessible automaticallyby Windows logon. One... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndreiLipnitski, Sep 2, 2020.

1. dism and bitlocker

hi

There are 2 drives, system and data. Both encrypted with bitlocker.
    Every boot they are decrypted and accessible automaticallyby Windows logon.
    One day dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase command is started.
    And then data drive is locked and no access there.
    How is this possible and how to fix this?
    thanks.

:)

AndreiLipnitski, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Sep 2, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

dism and bitlocker

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

dism and bitlocker

1. dism and bitlocker - Similar Threads - dism bitlocker

2. DISM refuses to complete RestoreHealth even with a valid source.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM refuses to complete RestoreHealth even with a valid source.: Have tried all suggested methods from various sources.. Start with DISM /ScanHealth command which completed and returned a 'repairable' result, and then tried the /RestoreHealth, which had the error 0x800f081f source not found.Then performed the DISM command...
  3. DISM refuses to complete RestoreHealth even with a valid source.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM refuses to complete RestoreHealth even with a valid source.: Have tried all suggested methods from various sources.. Start with DISM /ScanHealth command which completed and returned a 'repairable' result, and then tried the /RestoreHealth, which had the error 0x800f081f source not found.Then performed the DISM command...
  4. DISM refuses to complete RestoreHealth even with a valid source.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to mount wim file with DISM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mount wim file with DISM?: I am trying to mount a wim file to customize the windows 11 installation. I downloaded the Windows 11 Media creation tool and created a usb key with it. I noticed the usb key had 2 swm files. I don't know if you can mount 2 swm files. I would prefer to mount 2 swm files...
  6. How to mount wim file with DISM?

How to mount wim file with DISM?: I am trying to mount a wim file to customize the windows 11 installation. I downloaded the Windows 11 Media creation tool and created a usb key with it. I noticed the usb key had 2 swm files. I don't know if you can mount 2 swm files. I would prefer to mount 2 swm files...
  7. DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN: does anybody here could help me with this issue??sfc /scannow works absoulutely fine without any error.this all started when i closed prompt while DSM was retoring health, i closed vecause it was in 62.3% for sometime. since then the commands werent working. i have tried...
  8. DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN

DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN: does anybody here could help me with this issue??sfc /scannow works absoulutely fine without any error.this all started when i closed prompt while DSM was retoring health, i closed vecause it was in 62.3% for sometime. since then the commands werent working. i have tried...
  9. After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...: After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-march-2024-update-im-getting-class-not/589463a8-9fff-41ff-acf7-dfb6efa6ed9a
  10. After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...

After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...: After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-march-2024-update-im-getting-class-not/589463a8-9fff-41ff-acf7-dfb6efa6ed9a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker installation dism commands