Windows 10: DISM and SFC not working.

Discus and support DISM and SFC not working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, everybody. I can't run DISM or SFC on my computer. When I run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, it says this: Code: Deployment Image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WareNetwork2000, Apr 7, 2019.

1. DISM and SFC not working.

Hey, everybody. I can't run DISM or SFC on my computer.

When I run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, it says this:

Code: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.16299.15 Image Version: 10.0.16299.64 Error: 216 This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher. The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log[/quote] When I run sfc /scannow, it says this.

Code: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.[/quote] I looked online and I couldn't find any solution on how to fix this. Can you please tell me how to fix this?

Please don't tell me to reformat my computer, buy a new computer, perform a clean boot, refresh my computer, or anything that causes me to lose any of my data.

I also attached my dism.log file.

:)

WareNetwork2000, Apr 7, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Apr 7, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Can't get SFC and DISM to work anymore on Win10

Ok, can someone help me out because this crap is starting to piss me off. There was once a time when you could simply run SFC and DISM to check Windows files integrity and if there were any problems found with the local files, Windows repaired it automatically. The reason why I want to run this is because I'm getting stupendously huge amount of errors and warnings in Event Viewer, but I don't want to run refresh because it'll mess up tons of apps.

Commands I used:
    sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Fast forward few years and we now have glorious Windows 10. Trying to run the same tools, they find errors but stubbornly refuse to fix ANYTHING. What's the god damn point of it then?

Sfc finds issues but can't repair them and DISM constantly bitches how it can't find the source. All this used to work directly in Windows 7, but in Win 10, nothing. This was one of the best features to get OS back in good state and they go and ruin it. Because Microsoft!

I've checked this thread:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sfc-failed-to-repair?forum=win10itprohardware

Nothing worked. And they keep mentioning install.wim where my Windows image downloaded from Microsoft itself! only carries install.esd which I can't seem to use with anything.

I've also tried this tool:
    CodePlex Archive

Which again wants .wim file and refuses to work with esd.

RejZoR, Apr 7, 2019
  4. OneMoar Win User

DISM and SFC not working.

How to get damn DISM to work?

you need to run DISM first before running SFC
    SFC query's the local component stores to make repairs
    DISM is targeted for rebuilding the component stores and a offline image the 'live' section is still handled by SFC in some cases
    except on windows 8.1 and up because they changed it
    but only for certain files and only if x part of the store is corrupt
    so yea pretty confusing eh

OneMoar, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

DISM and SFC not working.

1. DISM and SFC not working. - Similar Threads - DISM SFC working

2. DISM and SFC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM and SFC: Greetings, I am asking for some guidance regarding the above Windows features. I ask, knowing that perhaps there is no concrete answer to my question. Let me set it up. I was trying to unfreeze a friend's machine. It was his second machine and hadn't been used in months. He...
  3. Windows update & Dism, Sfc not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update & Dism, Sfc not working: I am trying to update 2021-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5003637. But while installing it says "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact...
  4. DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING: yesterday i played my game very smooth but today when i start playing it i found it very laggy i try the folowing comand ''SFC /SCANNOW" but stuck at 43% after that i run 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth' but stuck again help me plz......
  5. DISM and SFC not working.

DISM and SFC not working.: Hey, everybody. I can't run DISM or SFC on my computer. When I run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, it says this: Code: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.16299.15 Image Version: 10.0.16299.64 Error: 216 This version of %1 is not...
  6. SFC and DISM not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC and DISM not working: So I have a windows home edition and when I run a command on cmd on admin. the scan is stuck like this[ATTACH] It is like this for both the commands. There's nothing afterwards Please give me a fix...
  7. SFC and DISM not working at all

SFC and DISM not working at all: 2016-04-18 Hi, glad to be again intouch with you. My laptop is one HPEnvy 17t-jooo – CTO Quad Edition, the previous OS was Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit andI upgraded it to 10 Pro 64bit the same day after receiving the Microsoftinvitation. On January 2016, I performed a clean...
  8. DISM and SFC

DISM and SFC: I posted in the Win 8 forum but saw I should have posted here. I read the corrective material in Win 8 as to how to fix this missing or corrupted files issue but either it is over my level or it is too difficult for me. I have run both programs and rebooted. i have run in...
  9. SFC not working and neither is DISM

SFC not working and neither is DISM: Hey, I'm new here. Maybe I should start a new post, but let me just start here, as this thread is the closest to my problem that I can find. I have a very old laptop, but despite the age it has worked relatively fine for my needs with just an HDD change. I bought this at...
  10. Sfc/dism

Sfc/dism: SFC stops at 22% and cannot complete. DISM returns "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data." RESOLVED via a Windows 10 refresh second attempt that succeeded after the first would not allow files to be retained. After again creating an ISO file, the second...