Windows 10: DISM Capture from 512 Sec Drive Fail to boot when restored to 4K sec Drive

Discus and support DISM Capture from 512 Sec Drive Fail to boot when restored to 4K sec Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used DISM to Capture a Win 10 image, the hardware is using 512 Sector Drives. If I restore to 512 Sector drives everything works as expected and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillyHobbit55, Nov 29, 2019.

1. DISM Capture from 512 Sec Drive Fail to boot when restored to 4K sec Drive

I used DISM to Capture a Win 10 image, the hardware is using 512 Sector Drives.

If I restore to 512 Sector drives everything works as expected and repeatedly.

However if I put a 4K (4096 Sector Drive) is the system it fails to find Windows Boot Loader.

This is my restore procedure;

Boot from WinPE BlueRay with Captured image in D:\Images

X:\Windows\System32\Diskpart

select disk 0 (only 1 hard drive present)

clean

convert gpt

create partition efi size=260 (also tried making partition larger @ 520)

format quick fs=fat32 label="System"

assign letter="S"

Set id="c12a7328-f81f-11d2-ba4b-00a0c93ec93b"

create partition msr size=16

create partition primary

format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"

assign letter="W"

Dism /apply-image /imagefileDISM Capture from 512 Sec Drive Fail to boot when restored to 4K sec Drive :D:\Images\CDL.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:W:\

X:\Windows\System32\bcdboot W:\Windows /s S:

Also Tried

X:\Windows\System32\bcdboot W:\Windows /s S: /f UEFI

Computer BIOS doesn't find windows boot loader

:)

BillyHobbit55, Nov 29, 2019
  2. jbishopp Win User

Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.

I have an ASUS 6730 with Win 10 and I just installed an SSD as the boot drive. Boot time is very long 90 sec. I have the latest BIOS version. I tried disconnecting all external drives. I turned off the old internal drive in Devices just in case the BIOS was searching the old drive for some reason. I have not tried physically disconnecting the old drive.

I have disabled all the unnecessary start-up apps

None of this has helped. I thought with the SSD I'd get a boot time of< 30 sec. I looked at the boot log and there was a long list of files but I couldn't tell which of these, if any, might be delaying the boot-up.

jbishopp, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    DISM ERROR 80 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE

Hi Raju,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please answer the below question:

• Does F drive an external drive or the part of internal Drive as partition?

You can follow the below steps and let us know if you have any error message:

1. Open the command prompt and run as admin.
    2. Paste the command:
    Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:F:\install.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:Windows10 /DescriptionDISM Capture from 512 Sec Drive Fail to boot when restored to 4K sec Drive :professional /CheckIntegrity

Make sure you enter the above command without /verify or /EA attributes. As per the image I see the
    image file is listed as D drive instead of
    F drive
    in the command prompt. Recheck the command and let me know the status.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Dent1 Win User

DISM Capture from 512 Sec Drive Fail to boot when restored to 4K sec Drive

Raptor 1.5 Gigabit/sec bottleneck?

All that GB/sec stuff is the maximum bus limitation of SATA/SATA II. No mechanical drive will reach speeds of that. Raptor will get between 50 - 100MB/sec depending on the drive. In fact a normal modern hard drive, like the Spinpoint will actually be faster than a Raptor, alot quiter and cheaper.

SSD will get you around 250-500MB/sec depending on drive. The only way you'll get anything near 1GB/sec is if you use an PCI-E SSD.

Dent1, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

DISM Capture from 512 Sec Drive Fail to boot when restored to 4K sec Drive

1. DISM Capture from 512 Sec Drive Fail to boot when restored to 4K sec Drive - Similar Threads - DISM Capture 512

2. when installing window on a single drive but with 2 partition on it does it affect the sec...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    when installing window on a single drive but with 2 partition on it does it affect the sec...: I want install a different window on the system but my system only 1 ssd which i create 2 different partition one for os and the other for game. so i wonder if i can install a different windows on the os partition and not affect the game partition....
  3. when installing window on a single drive but with 2 partition on it does it affect the sec...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when installing window on a single drive but with 2 partition on it does it affect the sec...: I want install a different window on the system but my system only 1 ssd which i create 2 different partition one for os and the other for game. so i wonder if i can install a different windows on the os partition and not affect the game partition....
  4. when installing window on a single drive but with 2 partition on it does it affect the sec...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video freezes for 4 sec then plays for 4 sec. Using webex

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video freezes for 4 sec then plays for 4 sec. Using webex: So Im currently enrolled at Tri-C. Im taking online classes. My video player keep freezing on me every 4 seconds. then plays for 4 seconds. Sound never stops. Im taking a Sign language class so this makes it very difficult. Please Help. IM using Web ex....
  6. Black screen for a sec

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen for a sec: every once in awhile i get this flick back black screen i trudeau manta virus i do on the instructions everybody says by does but it does not fix pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-for-a-sec/2285baa4-4730-43a5-91a5-3cb15e3f07a4
  7. Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs: Sorry to trouble you, but I seem to have a similar problem to other folk where my Windows 10 load time has jumped from very speedy (SSD disk, around 5 secs) to not very speedy at all (around 50 secs). I have run the WPA and produced a log, but I'm not really experienced...
  8. The Boot time significantly increased from 5 to 30 sec

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Boot time significantly increased from 5 to 30 sec: Hey there, So my laptop (Acer Swift 3 SF315-52-87R5) had a charging port issue I had sent it back to the manufacturer where they had replaced the motherboard after receiving the laptop everything works fine there is no issue with the laptop. I gave it fresh install of...
  9. SSD 45 secs to boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD 45 secs to boot: Okay i have a lenovo y520 with a 500 Gb SSD and a 1Tb HDD. The windows is obviously on the SSD. Before the time to boot was really low like 10 - 12 secs but now i need to wait 45 SECS. I have all drivers updated btw. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/fbento49...
  10. DISM error 80 while capture image from C drive to F drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM error 80 while capture image from C drive to F drive: today i tried to capture the image using Windows 10 from C windows partition to the free space partition F drive F is free partition to save captured images 144Gb free C is windows installed partition 94GB used I tried two different commands, 1st one is got success and...