Windows 10: DISM crashes instantly when I run as administrator

Discus and support DISM crashes instantly when I run as administrator in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows forums told me to run SFC to fix this problem. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. I need a solution that isn't completely daft. How do I fix this instant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ninzida, Sep 28, 2020.

1. DISM crashes instantly when I run as administrator

Windows forums told me to run SFC to fix this problem. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I need a solution that isn't completely daft. How do I fix this instant crashing so I can fix registry errors? I'm trying to fix a keyboard lag problem. Its affecting everything.

Also, I don't have access to a windows disc, or a flash drive, and I can't leave to buy anything.

submitted by /u/Ninzida
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ninzida, Sep 28, 2020

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Explorer freezes after iis express crash

Hi,

One of the possible reason why this error occurs is due to a corrupted system files that happened during the update.
    We suggest that you run SFC scan to check and repair them. Follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

If the issue persist, you can run
    DISM tool
    and see if it helps. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type:

• Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

• Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

• Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Restart
      your
      PC.

NOTE:
    The process might take a while,
    DO NOT CANCEL
    while the process is running.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 28, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

DISM crashes instantly when I run as administrator

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

DISM crashes instantly when I run as administrator

1. DISM crashes instantly when I run as administrator - Similar Threads - DISM crashes instantly

2. When should I run DISM scans? Also, is this a good order to run them in: DISM scan health,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When should I run DISM scans? Also, is this a good order to run them in: DISM scan health,...: When should I run DISM scans? Also, is this a good order to run them in: DISM scan health, restore health, and then SFC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-should-i-run-dism-scans-also-is-this-a-good/176b6cca-b52f-43b0-9147-1342dc3832b1
  3. When should I run DISM scans? Also, is this a good order to run them in: DISM scan health,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When should I run DISM scans? Also, is this a good order to run them in: DISM scan health,...: When should I run DISM scans? Also, is this a good order to run them in: DISM scan health, restore health, and then SFC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-should-i-run-dism-scans-also-is-this-a-good/176b6cca-b52f-43b0-9147-1342dc3832b1
  4. When to stop running DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When to stop running DISM: I have seen two contrary viewpoints regarding DISM. Run SFC first, and only if SFC finds a problem is it necessary to run DISM. Run SFC first, and — no matter what SFC reports — you might as well run DISM after that. Then, if DISM is run, I have also seen advice that it...
  5. When to stop running DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When to stop running DISM: I have seen two contrary viewpoints regarding DISM. Run SFC first, and only if SFC finds a problem is it necessary to run DISM. Run SFC first, and — no matter what SFC reports — you might as well run DISM after that. Then, if DISM is run, I have also seen advice that it...
  6. When running DISM, I get Error 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When running DISM, I get Error 2: Title. I tried fixing some BSOD using DISM but were greeted with error instead. Error 2. submitted by /u/CHiA-ZS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubqylp/when_running_dism_i_get_error_2/
  7. DISM not running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DISM not running: I thought it advisable to run DISM to check the health of my system. First I performed a CheckHealth and I got the message No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully. After that I wanted a more thorough scan so I started with ScanHealth....
  8. run dism

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    run dism: What is the string to run DISM ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-dism/6e6c9e3d-b255-4309-a552-6360c920e9f1
  9. Application instantly crashes when open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Application instantly crashes when open: I just downloaded Roblox from the Microsoft Store, but the Roblox application somehow crashes in 3 seconds and don't know why. So I checked the events log then I noticed this: Faulting application name: Windows10Universal.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f35b71d...
  10. Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly when Launched

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly when Launched: The Microsoft Store just does not work - I have checked for updates, reinstalled the app using powershell, reset my whole PC, created a local account and after all of this the Microsoft Store still doesn't work. However, when running services.msc I noticed that the Windows...