Windows 10: DISM error 0x800f081f

Discus and support DISM error 0x800f081f in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; what does this error mean? how can I resolve this error? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shivam Khilar, Sep 2, 2019.

1. DISM error 0x800f081f

what does this error mean? how can I resolve this error?

DISM error 0x800f081f cd524f14-1dea-44b2-ba6d-741dc869e21d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Shivam Khilar, Sep 2, 2019

2. fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f

Hi, winstyl

My name is Kathleen and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Check this link, I hope it helps.

https://www.wintips.org/fix-dism-0x800f081f-err...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

KahtleenTasman85, Sep 2, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Error 0x800f081f in Win 10

In case you have any doubt, here is the article issued by Microsoft..................

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gwt/10164

direct copy from the article...................... ( this method is applicable to Windows 10 )

Solution for error 0x800f081f for Windows 8.1 or Windows 8

If you receive Windows Update error 0x800f081f, it means that Windows Update cannot determine the cryptographic service provider, or a file that Windows Update requires (named catalog store) is corrupted.
    To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    Step 1: Use System File Checker to repair damaged Windows files
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair damaged Windows files, and then run Windows Update again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Run the following command:
      sfc /scannow
    • Try to install update again.
    For more information about the System File Checker tool, view Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.
    Step 2: Run the DISM tool
    If the problem continues, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool to fix Windows corruption errors. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Run the following command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.
    Important When you use the /online option, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if Windows Update service is broken, don’t use the /online option. Instead, use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
    Note Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference Repair a Windows Image.
    To learn more about this tool, go to Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool.

davidhk, Sep 2, 2019
  4. JohnJ Win User

DISM error 0x800f081f

DISM /restorehealth error 0x800f081f

Microsoft Outlook (Office 2007)

Latest Error message 0x800f081f which according to Microsoft is not Relevant to Win10 but refers to Win 7

Everything was working fine, then

Store stopped opening just get a quick flash on screen

Tried various suggested “fixes”

Sf/scannow came back with not being able to find source files

DISM Scan health and restore health came back with the error 0x800f081f (See comments above)

Now Edge will not open at all and I could not open my PDF attachments – message - invalid value for registry
    Have changed defaults to Firefox for the Internet connection and Adobe Reader for the PDF files – this appears to be working

After three days of almost continuous command line entries and laptop restarts Cannot remember anything else

JohnJ, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

DISM error 0x800f081f

1. DISM error 0x800f081f - Similar Threads - DISM error 0x800f081f

2. DISM error: 0x800f081F...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM error: 0x800f081F...: Windows version: 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165) As usual, I ran ""sfc -scannow" command after this month patch update, that didn't find any integrity violation. DISM on the other hand did: The "RestoreHealth" could not fix the error: Checking the image health in PowerShell...
  3. Dism error: 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dism error: 0x800f081f: I used Dism "C:\>dism /image:c:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth /scratchdir:c:\scratch" to repair a Win10 system in a PE environment, and received an error 0x800f081f, stating that "[t]he source files could not be found". Any suggestions on what to do next? Thanks in...
  4. DISM error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DISM error 0x800f081f: So I was having some problems with my PC and decided to try running sfc /scannow. It said there were files to be repaired but it was unable to repair them so I decided to run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and got the error 0x800f081f: "The source files could not...
  5. fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f: i was installing updates in win 10. I got error Error code: (0x80073712). to solve this I sed cmd dism commands. then got the error mentioned in subject line. how to fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f?...
  6. dism fails to fix corruption with 0x800f081f error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dism fails to fix corruption with 0x800f081f error: Background: HP ENVY Desktop 750-514 running Windows 10 build 17134.112 System has experienced some problems in the past but I was able to fix them with DISM. Current Problem: Windows update KB4338819 runs and results in a stopcode of 0xc000021a. Automatic Repair does not...
  7. Error 0x800f081f when using DISM tool

Error 0x800f081f when using DISM tool: Hello, Windows 10 power user here. I've been viewing help topics here for some time and found this forum very useful. However, there is one problem that I can't seem to solve. Whenever I use the DISM tool to repair Windows 10, I get the error "0x800f081f - The source...
  8. DISM RestoreHealth failing with Error: 0x800f081f

DISM RestoreHealth failing with Error: 0x800f081f: Hi, I'm trying to use DISM to repair a corrupt file and the command keeps failing with Code: Error: 0x800f081fThe source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information...
  9. :( DISM (Error 0x800f081f) and SFC (Failed to Repair)

:( DISM (Error 0x800f081f) and SFC (Failed to Repair): I was having some issues with Cortana on the recently released windows 10, so decided to run a SFC /Scan Now and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth. DISM Failed with "Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to...
  10. DISM /restorehealth error 0x800f081f

DISM /restorehealth error 0x800f081f: [img] 0 I have a user who has a Lenovo notebook recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. He complained that it is very sluggish and Internet Explorer is extremely sluggish since the upgrade to Windows 10. I ran SFC /scannow with this result: Windows Resource Protection...
Tags: