Windows 10: DISM ERROR 18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE

Discus and support DISM ERROR 18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; today i tried to capture the image using Windows 10 PE 5.0 ( created by me ) from C windows partition to the free space partition F drive F is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAJU.MSC, Sep 29, 2018.

1. RAJU.MSC Win User

DISM ERROR 18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE

today i tried to capture the image using Windows 10 PE 5.0 ( created by me ) from C windows partition to the free space partition F drive

F is free partition to save captured images 144Gb free
    C is windows installed partition 94GB used

I tried two different commands, 1st one is got success and 2nd got failed, received error 80 : the file exists

the first command is success

Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:F:\install.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:Windows10 /DescriptionDISM ERROR  18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE  FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE :professional

the second command is failed

Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:F:\install.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:Windows10 /DescriptionDISM ERROR  18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE  FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE :professional /CheckIntegrity /Verify /EA

uploaded dism.log file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmZoRRusRV59lExxthHO8Ea5RW3c

anyone knows how to solve above error 80

DISM ERROR  18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE  FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE c639d9f0-5aac-4ea5-9d7f-46a6f041795d?upload=true.jpg

:)

RAJU.MSC, Sep 29, 2018

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Emailing images from F drive

Hi Brian,

When sending emails, you can select photos, files and folders to any available storage devices on your computer. Regarding your concern with the images from the
    F drive, we’d like to ask the following questions:

• Are you using the Windows 10 Mail app?
    • Does the F drive an external drive or part of the
      internal hard drive
      of your computer?
    • Have you encountered an error message when trying to open files from the F drive?
    • Are you trying to attach the images from the F drive or
      copying and pasting it instead?

We’ll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Sep 29, 2018
  4. DISM ERROR 18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE

Windows 10 missing F drive

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Let us know some more details:

Have you used any third part software to manage Disk partition?
    no

• Did you format the drive? no
    • Have you performed a Clean Install? no
    I suggest you to check for the drive in Disk Management and see if it appears there. Follow the steps:
    nothing labled "f"

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    See if the drive F: appears and does it appear as unallocated?

DISM ERROR  18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE  FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE 59775f57-2d23-4e14-8683-eec2082e061e.png

DISM ERROR  18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE  FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE 22aaec8d-dde5-4580-a261-8b15219911fc.png

Jeff Tideman, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

DISM ERROR 18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE

1. DISM ERROR 18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE - Similar Threads - DISM ERROR WHILE

2. Difference between C: drive and F: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between C: drive and F: drive: Hi all,I'm new to Windows 11 after using MacOS and I was hoping I could get some help understanding the difference between the C: drive and the F: on my computer and if there was a way to "transfer" the storage from one to the other. I got this PC purely for gaming and my C:...
  3. Difference between C: drive and F: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between C: drive and F: drive: Hi all,I'm new to Windows 11 after using MacOS and I was hoping I could get some help understanding the difference between the C: drive and the F: on my computer and if there was a way to "transfer" the storage from one to the other. I got this PC purely for gaming and my C:...
  4. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error: System Info:Windows 10 Home Version 22H2C: Drive - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GBIssues: Blue screen crashErrors found in C: driveAttempted Fixes:"chkdsk /f" command attempted multiple times via powershell, windows 10 system notification, and C: drive device propertiesWhen...
  5. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error: System Info:Windows 10 Home Version 22H2C: Drive - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GBIssues: Blue screen crashErrors found in C: driveAttempted Fixes:"chkdsk /f" command attempted multiple times via powershell, windows 10 system notification, and C: drive device propertiesWhen...
  6. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Capture image with DISM and /verify error 80

in Windows 10 Support
    Capture image with DISM and /verify error 80: Hi folks using DISM command to capture a windows WIM image from my current system using DISM from latest Windows build ISO it errors out if you run this command Please folks how do we get rid of those damn Smiley's when typing code !!!!!!!!! (D is current Windows disk, C is...
  8. Unable to move Captures folder from C drive to external drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move Captures folder from C drive to external drive.: I cannot move my Captures folder for saving screenshots and game clips. I am trying to move it to an external drive, but changing the registry key does not work, and Captures settings shows it in my Users folder; when I try to move it to the external drive, as instructed by...
  9. DISM error 80 while capture image from C drive to F drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM error 80 while capture image from C drive to F drive: today i tried to capture the image using Windows 10 from C windows partition to the free space partition F drive F is free partition to save captured images 144Gb free C is windows installed partition 94GB used I tried two different commands, 1st one is got success and...
  10. Help! Local Drive changed from C to F

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! Local Drive changed from C to F: Can anyone assist me to change a Local drive to C from F? Basically I had trouble with my PC and it kept crashing. Microsoft helped to reset Windows 10 but the Drivers are not the same as they were before. Before they were: C (Local), D, E, F. But now they are: F (Local),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism error 18 while capture image from c drive to f drive

2. dism error 112 while capturing image

3. CheckIntegrity /Verify /EA error

4. ERROR 18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F