Windows 10: DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup

Discus and support DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying create a new image and I'm having issues running basic DISM commands following MS documentation. This same documentation has worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jaded Son, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Jaded Son Win User

DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup

Hello, I'm trying create a new image and I'm having issues running basic DISM commands following MS documentation. This same documentation has worked before without issue. Not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong. Error 267 - "Unable to access the image. Make sure that the image path and the Windows directory for the image exist and you have Read permissions on the folder." I've confirmed that I have full permissions to .WIM file I have full admin permissions on my system. I'm using the correct paths I've tried many different commands, all produce this error. I'm able to boot into the

:)

Jaded Son, Dec 8, 2021

2. Add packages to WinPE version 10.0.15063.0

I am unable to add any packages to my WinPE wim file using DISM.

I consistently get the following error:

Error: 0x800f081e

The specified package is not applicable to this image

Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?

kellyb914DV, Dec 8, 2021
  3. DavidY Win User
    DISM - Add or Remove Drivers on an Offline Image

Ah I thought you might be doing the DISM/drivers one.

It is good info and I use parts of this frequently when I'm reinstalling on my old hardware and need to manually add drivers.

I would suggest DISM /Get-Drivers as an alternate to the Powershell step in 2.2 - the table format is quite useful I find.

One method of applying the drivers I tried which seems to work (not sure how valid it is) when clean-installing a machine as a one-off:
    1. Export drivers as per Step 2
    2. Use DISM /Get-Drivers to show which driver is which, and copy only the ones I know are problematic to a subfolder, and add this subfolder to a bootable Windows 10 Setup USB
    3. Boot Windows 10 Setup from the USB
    4. Open a command prompt with Shift F10, type command 'wpeutil shutdown' but don't press enter. Instead, Alt-Tab back to Setup
    5. Follow the normal clean install process, delete partitions and let it install the relevant edition
    6. When it says Restarting in a few seconds, quickly Alt-Tab to the command prompt and press enter, to stop it restarting but shut down instead
    7. Boot again from the USB, go straight into Shift-F10, and use DISM /add-driver to add relevant drivers to the offline Windows drive as per Step 4
    8. wpeutil shutdown again, and let it restart this time, so that Windows boots and finishes configuring itself with the new drivers available to it.
    I found it easier than Mounting the image and also means I don't change the .WIM so I can use that on other hardware without fear of non-standard (and probably quite old) drivers getting in the way .

Although in some cases I could install and change it once Windows is up and running , one of 1709's default drivers causes a BSOD during installation itself, if I don't add the alternative manually using the above technique before it gets to that point.

But it's not a technique I've seen anywhere else so I'm probably bending the rules somewhere. *Wink

DavidY, Dec 8, 2021
  4. DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup

Force load MS Generic SD Card Reader Drivers in WinPE

Thank you for the response .. however, neither link supplied is very helpful to me. I already know how to add drivers to WinPE using DISM or how to load them after WinPE has booted using DRVLOAD .. problem is neither of these are working.

ColinJMarschall, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup

1. DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup - Similar Threads - DISM error 267

2. DISM error 0x800f080a, trying to update manually .cab add package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM error 0x800f080a, trying to update manually .cab add package: I got dism error 0x80f080a, I tried add package cab, correctly x64 and latest version 20H2 package, while my system is running Windows 10 21H1 virtual machine on Powershell. Here is log file:https://pastebin.com/qvTRUXdr...
  3. DISM error 0x800f080a, trying to update manually .cab add package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM error 0x800f080a, trying to update manually .cab add package: I got dism error 0x80f080a, I tried add package cab, correctly x64 and latest version 20H2 package, while my system is running Windows 10 21H1 virtual machine on Powershell. Here is log file:https://pastebin.com/qvTRUXdr...
  4. DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup: Hello, I'm trying create a new image and I'm having issues running basic DISM commands following MS documentation. This same documentation has worked before without issue. Not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong. Error 267 - "Unable to access the image. Make sure that the...
  5. DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup: Hello, I'm trying create a new image and I'm having issues running basic DISM commands following MS documentation. This same documentation has worked before without issue. Not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong. Error 267 - "Unable to access the image. Make sure that the...
  6. DISM fails with error 112 when NTFS compression is enabled WinPE 10

in Windows 10 News
    DISM fails with error 112 when NTFS compression is enabled WinPE 10: [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will attempt to resolve the issue of NTFS compression in WinPE 10 using all available disk space on your Windows computer. […] This post DISM fails with error 112 when NTFS compression is enabled WinPE 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Received an error when trying to run DISM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Received an error when trying to run DISM: My laptop had problems after I accidentally turned the power off without the battery. And found about 50+ corrupted system files by doing "sfc /scannow" in safe mode. I'm currently able to boot into the normal Windows but some functions are still not working, I tried to run...
  8. Trying to follow @NavyLCDR directions to setup a WinPE/Win 10 Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to follow @NavyLCDR directions to setup a WinPE/Win 10 Install: NavyLCDR said: [img] I created a 6 GB FAT32 partition at the end of my second HDD. I mounted a Windows 10 installation ISO file and then copied all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the 6 GB partition. Then I mounted Kyhi's Recovery Tools ISO file and...
  9. AOMEI Backup Winpe Add extra drivers to disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    AOMEI Backup Winpe Add extra drivers to disk: Hi there Any of you using WINPE version of the AOMEI Free backup (create directly from W10) and you find you are missing drivers for example Wireless. I created my boot USB on a W10 desktop with no Wireless card. Anyway here's how to do it. I can't do it on the laptop...
  10. DISM - Add or Remove Drivers on an Offline Image

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISM - Add or Remove Drivers on an Offline Image: How to: DISM - Add or Remove Drivers on an Offline Image [img] Information Servicing an offline image, mounting an image, committing changes, it all sounds a bit complicated to an average Windows user. However, it's just geek speak meaning modifying default Windows...