Windows 10: Dism error 6

Discus and support Dism error 6 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; dism /capture-image /imagefile:H:\custom\Pro\install.wim /capturedir:L:\ /name:"W10" /compress:maximum /checkintegrity /verify /bootable from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElectricalBanana, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Dism error 6

dism /capture-image /imagefile:H:\custom\Pro\install.wim /capturedir:L:\ /name:"W10" /compress:maximum /checkintegrity /verify /bootable

from the log

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
    [8352] [0xc142011c] UnmarshallImageHandleFromDirectoryDism error 6 :(641)
    [8352] [0xc142011c] WIMGetMountedImageHandleDism error 6 :(2897)

what volume label is dism talking about? What is the fix?

John

:)

ElectricalBanana, Jun 26, 2019

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 26, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 26, 2019
  4. RejZoR Win User

Dism error 6

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Dism error 6

1. Dism error 6 - Similar Threads - Dism error

2. DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5: Hi,So I was making a WIM image of a VMware virtual hard disk file mounted to my computer in read only mode, and I keep getting Error Code 3 in PowerISO the system cannot find the path specified I've tried it again, and I still getting the same error. I am not sure how to...
  3. DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5: Hi,So I was making a WIM image of a VMware virtual hard disk file mounted to my computer in read only mode, and I keep getting Error Code 3 in PowerISO the system cannot find the path specified I've tried it again, and I still getting the same error. I am not sure how to...
  4. DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...: Hello Everyone,My name is Abhishek, and I found Error while Execution of below command and I used cmd prompt as Run as Admin.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthFirst of all, I wanted to Execute the above command because , recently I got an Bluetooth Error in my Windows...
  6. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...: Hello Everyone,My name is Abhishek, and I found Error while Execution of below command and I used cmd prompt as Run as Admin.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthFirst of all, I wanted to Execute the above command because , recently I got an Bluetooth Error in my Windows...
  7. DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN: does anybody here could help me with this issue??sfc /scannow works absoulutely fine without any error.this all started when i closed prompt while DSM was retoring health, i closed vecause it was in 62.3% for sometime. since then the commands werent working. i have tried...
  8. DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN

DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN: does anybody here could help me with this issue??sfc /scannow works absoulutely fine without any error.this all started when i closed prompt while DSM was retoring health, i closed vecause it was in 62.3% for sometime. since then the commands werent working. i have tried...
  9. Fixing DISM Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing DISM Error: My PC has been hard freezing for the last couple days. When I try to Run DISM the program stops at 62.3 and I get the message: Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the...
  10. Fixing DISM Error

Fixing DISM Error: My PC has been hard freezing for the last couple days. When I try to Run DISM the program stops at 62.3 and I get the message: Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism error 6

2. Error 6 when capturing image using dism