Windows 10: DISM Error 605 - The specified buffer contains ill formed data.

Discus and support DISM Error 605 - The specified buffer contains ill formed data. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Running DISM /online /cleanup-image /restoreheatlh.Getting Error 605Log shows the following.2021-04-25 09:22:33, Info DISM DISM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Darrell Brock, Apr 25, 2021.

1. DISM Error 605 - The specified buffer contains ill formed data.

Running DISM /online /cleanup-image /restoreheatlh.Getting Error 605Log shows the following.2021-04-25 09:22:33, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=12596 TID=13268 Error in operation: null CBS HRESULT=0x8007025d - CCbsConUIHandler::Error2021-04-25 09:22:33, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=12596 TID=15168 Failed finalizing changes. - CDISMPackageManager::Internal_Finalizehr:0x8007025d2021-04-25 09:22:33, Error &n

:)

Darrell Brock, Apr 25, 2021
  2. borate Win User

SFC stops at 22% and cannot complete ,DISM returns "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data."

Original title: .SFC/DISM failures

System is running fine; updates are coming in regularly. Chkdsk has been run successfully. Yet...

SFC stops at 22% and cannot complete.

DISM returns "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data."

Even after a 1511 ISO is mounted (via Windows Explorer, to the F drive), DISM reports that it cannot find it.

Any point in pursuing this?

No Event Viewer errors but for one repetitively at boot: "WIA stopped once."

That is likely caused by a scanner driver that cannot be updated.

borate, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Unable to enter password on Windows 10 Login screen

Ok. So results are:

Dism CheckHealth = Repairable. Operation successful.

Dism ScanHealth = 44.5% complete. Error 605. Specified buffer contains ill formed data.

Dism RestoreHealth = 32.5% complete. Error 605. The specified buffer contains ill formed data.

sfc/scannow = Verification 67% complete. Windows Resource Protection could not perform requested operation.

Restarted system.

Same issue. No change.

AnitaPratt1, Apr 25, 2021
  4. DISM Error 605 - The specified buffer contains ill formed data.

SFC and DISM not working on Windows 10

Hellos! I'm trying to run SFC but I get the notorious Windows Resource Protection could not scan error. I then turned to run DISM but got Error: 605 "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data." Any fixes to this?
    Thanks!

systemglytch, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

DISM Error 605 - The specified buffer contains ill formed data.

1. DISM Error 605 - The specified buffer contains ill formed data. - Similar Threads - DISM Error 605

2. Dism error 605

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dism error 605: Iv been getting the blue screen of death and there has been diffrent stop codes one such stop code read SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. WHAT FAILED: FLTMGR.SYS Iv run sfc /scannowDism.exe /online /cleanup-image /CheckHealthDism.exe /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealthwhen...
  3. Dism error 605

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism error 605: Iv been getting the blue screen of death and there has been diffrent stop codes one such stop code read SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. WHAT FAILED: FLTMGR.SYS Iv run sfc /scannowDism.exe /online /cleanup-image /CheckHealthDism.exe /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealthwhen...
  4. Dism error 605

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The specified buffer contains ill-formed data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The specified buffer contains ill-formed data: I tried to install "Security Update for Windows KB5003173", But I keep getting ErrorCode 2147943005 ErrorString The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. CommandLine "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wusa.exe" .\windows10.0-kb5003173-x64_4e3b4345ad6e3bf44183d6f25879a0c5ca1b7ef9.msu...
  6. uxtheme.dll error, DISM fails at error 605

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uxtheme.dll error, DISM fails at error 605: I have got "bad image" error which pops up everytime i startup my laptop:It comes down to a problem with uxtheme.dll, which i assume is integral part of the system interface and many of its programs. It has begun to happen after i uninstalled skype, then windows updated on...
  7. DISM Source Not specified?

DISM Source Not specified?: Whenever i do sfc scan it says "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". Then whenever i do dism health check it says to specify a source. I tried that also with both .esd and .wim file by specifuing it but still it is saying to specify the...
  8. Troubleshootihng DISM error 605

Troubleshootihng DISM error 605: Windows 10 version 2004 I've forgotten the issue I was researching on the web, but one of the solutions for repair was to run the DISM command scan health and restore health. When I ran the commands, at about 50% completion, Error 605 was reported. Web searching...
  9. Error in DISM (Error 605)

Error in DISM (Error 605): I had got BSODs twice a few days ago, having the stopcode MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. after that I ran CHKDSK and it scanned the drive. Then i started DISM. Usually all would go well but for some reason this time it stopped at 8.3% with this message- Deployment Image Servicing...
  10. Errors reported in the DISM and CBS logs - The specified buffer contains ill-formed data.

Errors reported in the DISM and CBS logs - The specified buffer contains ill-formed data.: Hello - My journey began with disk read errors. An image restore of my system was done. - (While waiting for a new drive.) Everything was fine, except my Hello PIN access no longer worked. Attempts to reset didn't work. - (I didn't expect this was from the bad drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 605 error code windows 10