Windows 10: DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log

Discus and support DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While working through a tutorial for creating a PXE server, the step at which the boot.wim is mounted to the \mount folder of the winpe_amd64 directory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cantfeld, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Cantfeld Win User

DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log

While working through a tutorial for creating a PXE server, the step at which the boot.wim is mounted to the \mount folder of the winpe_amd64 directory fails with errors in the log of:

1. EnumeratePathEx: all of which reference failures to find the C:\$WINDOWS.~XYZ\ directory XYZ meaning several different directories and ESD directories.

2. DISM Driver Manager: all referencing and error to fine "oem#.inf" with #2 and #54 as two of several numbers listed.

I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the version of DISM I'm using since it only works on a limited number of versions of Windows 10. I'm sure there's something else I could be missing here as well.

:)

Cantfeld, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Yaelr Win User

Dism error 87

Hello,

I have been having BSOD with the error "Critical Process died.

I undated all the drivers (with the exception of Intel graphic 4000- as I have not yet found it).

And ran SFC andDISM.

SFC was OK.

DISM:

CheckHealth - ok

ScanHealth - passed 100% ok

RestoreHealth - "Image version 10.0.17134.225, Error 87, The restorehealth option is not recognized in this context. For more information, refer to the help.

The DISM log file can be found at c:\windows\logs\DISM\\dism.log.

Can you please advice how to proceed?

thank you

Yael

Yaelr, Dec 27, 2020
  3. error 87 DISM

Hi guys

tried using DISM for errors. encountered error 87. here is the error log

Dropbox - File Deleted

help?

DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log 62fda8a5-af1c-4af1-b57a-011cec0c8108?upload=true.jpg

beerus_king, Dec 27, 2020
  4. LFwhyme Win User

dism error 87

I think version 1607 is the current version for Windows 10 ... is there another way I can resolve the dism error 87? Thank you

LFwhyme, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log - Similar Threads - DISM Error EnumeratePathEX

2. Windows DISM scan error 87 and error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows DISM scan error 87 and error 0x800f081f: Hi, i came to know my pc has some corrupted system files. when i tried to update windows 10 version 1809 to 21h2 , it didnt update and said..."We couldn't update your windows 10 and set back your pc back to the way it was right before you started installing"i tried fixing my...
  3. Windows DISM scan error 87 and error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows DISM scan error 87 and error 0x800f081f: Hi, i came to know my pc has some corrupted system files. when i tried to update windows 10 version 1809 to 21h2 , it didnt update and said..."We couldn't update your windows 10 and set back your pc back to the way it was right before you started installing"i tried fixing my...
  4. Windows DISM scan error 87 and error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. dism error install.esd bad understand with dism error log :...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dism error install.esd bad understand with dism error log :...: hello,dism error install.esd bad understand with dism error log : '''[C:\ESD\Windows\sources\install.esd] is not recognized by the DISM FFU provider,'''this line of command works without problem and is the same path : '''Dism /Get-ImageInfo...
  6. DISM-Command Prompt error 87

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISM-Command Prompt error 87: File Explorer was not responding so I followed Microsoft Support online instructions to run DISM to restore health - Result was Error Code 87 - again, following MS instructions to try it in Safe Mode - All I saw was a black screen with scattered icons - nothing happened for...
  7. DISM-Command Prompt error 87

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM-Command Prompt error 87: File Explorer was not responding so I followed Microsoft Support online instructions to run DISM to restore health - Result was Error Code 87 - again, following MS instructions to try it in Safe Mode - All I saw was a black screen with scattered icons - nothing happened for...
  8. DISM-Command Prompt error 87

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log: While mounting a boot.wim file to the \boot directory in the folder I'm going to use to boot via PXE, I get these errors: 1. EnumeratePathEX: with references to $WINDOWS.~XYZ\* directories/files failing 2. DISM Driver Manager: cannot find "oem#.inf" files with more than...
  10. Dism error 87

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dism error 87: Hello, I have been having BSOD with the error "Critical Process died. I undated all the drivers (with the exception of Intel graphic 4000- as I have not yet found it). And ran SFC andDISM. SFC was OK. DISM: CheckHealth - ok ScanHealth - passed 100% ok...