Windows 10: DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

Discus and support DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I'm having trouble finding and installing updates, and that has led me to an issue with DISM while trying to fix it.When i run DISM, "Dism /Online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sunav gajurel, Apr 1, 2023.

1. DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

So I'm having trouble finding and installing updates, and that has led me to an issue with DISM while trying to fix it.When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown.I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /?" and it will return the appropriate help info, but when ran without it cannot scan and comes up with the errorWhen i try "sfc /scannow" it returnsWindows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

:)

sunav gajurel, Apr 1, 2023

2. Dism error 87 "cleanup-image option is unknown"

Im in winPE trying to use:

on an offline image but cannot get past this error:

I did the exact same procedure on windows 8 and a separate fresh install of windows 10 with no issues at all.

I've gone through all the Microsoft articles about dism i could find, many sites, and forum posts outlining the same handful of procedures that are supposed to fix this and other issues but don't seem to work half the time.

Supposedly error 87 is a syntax issue but this clearly doesn't apply to my situation. The error occurs with other options as well, /scanhealth, /checkhealth, /restorehealth, it isn't limited to just /cleanup-image.There appears to be no proven solution to this problem, if so its very hidden.

Any suggestions?

BrainRenticus, Apr 1, 2023
  3. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 1, 2023
  4. garegin Win User

DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown."

Hello

I have a laptop that I took the HDD out of and connected it to another Windows 10 machine.
    I ran the command
    Dism /Image:e:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

but get the error

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Error: 87

The cleanup-image option is unknown.
    For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

garegin, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

1. DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown - Similar Threads - DISM Error Cleanup

2. DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN: does anybody here could help me with this issue??sfc /scannow works absoulutely fine without any error.this all started when i closed prompt while DSM was retoring health, i closed vecause it was in 62.3% for sometime. since then the commands werent working. i have tried...
  3. DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN: does anybody here could help me with this issue??sfc /scannow works absoulutely fine without any error.this all started when i closed prompt while DSM was retoring health, i closed vecause it was in 62.3% for sometime. since then the commands werent working. i have tried...
  4. [Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Hi, I was trying to execute the DISM command successfully:DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthbut got this error:Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19044.2251 Error: 998 Invalid access to memory location. The DISM...
  5. [Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

[Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Hi, I was trying to execute the DISM command successfully:DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthbut got this error:Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19044.2251 Error: 998 Invalid access to memory location. The DISM...
  6. DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown: So I'm having trouble finding and installing updates, and that has led me to an issue with DISM while trying to fix it.When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown.I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image...
  7. DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown: So I'm having trouble finding and installing updates, and that has led me to an issue with DISM while trying to fix it.When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown.I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image...
  8. I cannot run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup error code 87

I cannot run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup error code 87: Hi, I was running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup to debug one of Windows' many problems when I ran into another error: Error 87. Upon careful inspection of the DISM log file, I found that the log file said that error code 0x80070057 had occurred. What's...
  9. Dism error 87

Dism error 87: Hello, I have been having BSOD with the error "Critical Process died. I undated all the drivers (with the exception of Intel graphic 4000- as I have not yet found it). And ran SFC andDISM. SFC was OK. DISM: CheckHealth - ok ScanHealth - passed 100% ok...
  10. dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown."

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown.": Hello I have a laptop that I took the HDD out of and connected it to another Windows 10 machine. I ran the command Dism /Image:e:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth but get the error Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Image...