Windows 10: DISM error definition

Discus and support DISM error definition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Before I state my question I would like to make the disclaimer that I am questioning about a specific definition, not a specific problem.Okay then, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Creater Cyfire, Jul 25, 2021.

1. DISM error definition

Before I state my question I would like to make the disclaimer that I am questioning about a specific definition, not a specific problem.Okay then, so this question is actually very simple to answer given the correct person, so the question reads:What is the definition of the error HRESULT = 0x800f0905 - CBS_E_NO_ACTIVE_EDITION ?As I've introduced, I do not have an explicit situation given extensive logs and such to refer to, but I am directly asking how this error code is technically caused.For example... Let's say that you have a program e.g. DISM which source code reads:if Blah_blah_bl

:)

Creater Cyfire, Jul 25, 2021

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jul 25, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 25, 2021
  4. RejZoR Win User

DISM error definition

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

DISM error definition

1. DISM error definition - Similar Threads - DISM error definition

2. DISM Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Error: I am trying to update my Windows os window 11 home but it keeps failing giving error code 0x80070003. I have followed multiple guides online run trouble shooter, clean system update folder etc etc I'm now trying the DISM fix but when running it fails and say error 3 specified...
  3. DISM Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM Error: I am trying to update my Windows os window 11 home but it keeps failing giving error code 0x80070003. I have followed multiple guides online run trouble shooter, clean system update folder etc etc I'm now trying the DISM fix but when running it fails and say error 3 specified...
  4. DISM errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM errors: my pc is not working well so I decided to reset my pc but an error Occur saying can't reset so I check system files using sfc / scannow CMD and Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the...
  5. Dism Error

Dism Error: Hi, i need help with this, I have an Acer swift 314, when I run sfc /scan now, it says :Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located atwindir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For...
  6. DISM ERROR

DISM ERROR: Hi, i did an sfc /scannow and got an error saying some components cant be fixed. So i did a Dism check health and scan health, both said there are no errors. Then i did a dism restorehealth but the operation is completed at 84.9%. Please help i am experiencing a lot of issues...
  7. dism error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dism error: so i had upgraded my ram lately which was giving me Bsod error.when i gave to technician he tested the ram and my laptop and he said my windows software was affected .so i decided to do dism check and using 'DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth' in cmd it showed messange...
  8. DISM error

DISM error: My laptop had a lot of corrupted files after I accidentally switched off the wrong switch. I ran DISM restore health, the following was returned. C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version:...
  9. DISM Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Error: Win 10 Pro x64 1709 Error After using Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Any tips? Stops at 85% And i Have Windows Update Service Enabled. I attached DISM Log, ty. 132539
  10. defender definition error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    defender definition error: hi i get this error 2145124318 in definition updates. this is causing windows update from working properly. i'm running 1703. is this a familiar problem. thank you pohttps://www.tenforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=142301&stc=1&d=1499096764thound 88119