Windows 10: DISM error(syntax incorrect) when trying to mount WIM files..

Discus and support DISM error(syntax incorrect) when trying to mount WIM files.. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I get this error every time when i try mounting files using DISM, Code: The filename, directory name or Volume label syntax is incorrect.[/quote]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AuraticTrance, Apr 6, 2019.

1. DISM error(syntax incorrect) when trying to mount WIM files..

I get this error every time when i try mounting files using DISM,

Code: The filename, directory name or Volume label syntax is incorrect.[/quote] earlier there was a problem regarding wimmount.sys driver not found whose path was changed due to Macrium Reflect Free, i uninstalled it and changed the registry values of it to default. Now i am getting this error.

i tried placing the wim file in a short directory (D:\install.wim) but that did not work.

i tried all the tools DISM++, Winreducer, NTLite but get the same error

Dism error log
    dism.log

:)

AuraticTrance, Apr 6, 2019
  2. johnspack Win User

Compacting a wim file?

Sorry, no idea where to put this. I just recently learned how to use dism. I use it to slipstream all hotfixes and ie10 ect into an AIO install disc. The problem is, it creates a huge install.wim after 8 index mounts and slipstreams. Considering all 8 images use the same darn wim and files, don't know why it has to increase the wim size by 1gig. Either I need to figure out how to use the same wim.install file for all indexes, or I need to compact the wim file which is now 4gbs with ie10 and all updates to April. Any way to do either?

johnspack, Apr 6, 2019
  3. johnspack Win User
    Compacting a wim file?

Actually it turns out the answer is the dism that comes with Win8. Using the new Export-Image command, and a simple batch file, was able to compress my AIO wim by several hundred mbs.

johnspack, Apr 6, 2019
  4. DISM error(syntax incorrect) when trying to mount WIM files..

Mounting a windows 10 Wim file using DISM command in command prompt

Hii,

I am facing error while mounting windows 10 Wim file using DISM. The error i am getting is

Error:5

Access is denied

The DISM log file can be found at C:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I have attached the screen shot of the command prompt. Kindly provide any solution to resolve this issue.

DISM error(syntax incorrect) when trying to mount WIM files.. d09fa82d-76cd-4cbc-822c-5b969f835791?upload=true.jpg

siddhant_jain, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

DISM error(syntax incorrect) when trying to mount WIM files..

1. DISM error(syntax incorrect) when trying to mount WIM files.. - Similar Threads - DISM error syntax

2. Open in WIM files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Open in WIM files: I backed up the files to a potable disk drive on my bad computer. Now I want to view those file but they are WIM files. How can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-in-wim-files/73872582-e4fe-4c76-9fb6-11924698ab83
  3. Mounting file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mounting file: I bought a new desktop pc--Yeah! As instructed I downloaded all my old pc files to an external hard drive-- Fat32. When I try to open the files on my new pc, I am told "Couldn't mount file" and to use Disk Mgt snap-in---whatever that is. I am just trying to access my old...
  4. Mounting a windows 10 Wim file using DISM command in command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mounting a windows 10 Wim file using DISM command in command prompt: Hii, I am facing error while mounting windows 10 Wim file using DISM. The error i am getting is Error:5 Access is denied The DISM log file can be found at C:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log I have attached the screen shot of the command prompt. Kindly provide any...
  5. Edit registry on a mounted wim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edit registry on a mounted wim: Can anybody tell me how to modify the registry on a mounted wim? I keep getting Access denied. This is the command I am using: reg load hkey_local_machine\software c:\test\offline\windows\system32\config\software We have Windows 10 64 bit Enterprise edition. 92826
  6. SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files: Hello, I ran "SFC /scannow" and got an error saying the System File Checker found errors but couldn't fix them. Afterwards I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and DISM threw the error 0x800f081f saying that the source files could not be found. I then ran...
  7. DISM captures a 17GB wim file. Yet it's only 3.7GB when mounted!???

DISM captures a 17GB wim file. Yet it's only 3.7GB when mounted!???: ​I volunteer at a local community center. It has an Open Computer Lab for the public. It has An HP Server (Server 2012 R2). It’s a domain controller supporting Folder Redirection and Roaming Profiles 20 PCs (Windows 10 Pro v1511) but being upgrade to v1607. No hurry to get...
  8. "The environment is incorrect." error when trying to run an executable

in Windows 10 Support
    "The environment is incorrect." error when trying to run an executable: I have a desktop computer that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. When I try to run CMD as Administrator, I receive "The environment is incorrect." error message. I get the same error if I try to run other Windows applications (in Windows\System32). Update: It...
  9. Got WIM file trying to fix DISM-am I using wrong path? Won't work

Got WIM file trying to fix DISM-am I using wrong path? Won't work: I made a WIM for 14257 using the ESD to ISO tool trying to fix the DISM/Restorehealth issue. I cannot get it to work. First time ever I am running into a roadblock. Am I using the wrong path? I have the WIM file in a folder in Native C drive...so when I open up C...
  10. Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10: This bit (Section 3.1) is deserving a tutorial all of its own - it is that useful. See Part Five in following tutorial for instructions in creating the ISO: Create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing Installation Installation Upgrade Tutorials in following tutorial for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism error incorrect format on mount command windows 7

2. error 5 access is denied the dism log file can be found