Windows 10: Dism error when trying to Mount a Win 10 image

Discus and support Dism error when trying to Mount a Win 10 image in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to mount a wim, which I have done many times, using this command in powershell dism.exe /Mount-wim /WimFile:c:\temp\win10.wim /index:1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RickAnn, Oct 16, 2019.

1. RickAnn Win User

Dism error when trying to Mount a Win 10 image

I am trying to mount a wim, which I have done many times, using this command in powershell
    dism.exe /Mount-wim /WimFile:c:\temp\win10.wim /index:1 /MountDir:c:\mount

I get a return from Powershell that references the log with this one error. Oddly the log references an account named admin that I removed before I sysprepped image

Code:
    :)

RickAnn, Oct 16, 2019
  2. LAHofmann Win User

trying to repair win 10 image with a mounted drive Do not have password - Dell factory installed Win 8.1 upgraded to Win 10

I have been battling for over a week trying to fix corruptions in my Win 10 64 bit Home PC

The image is corrupted

Cannot run sfc / scannow or Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth or Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth or Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wimDism error when trying to Mount a Win 10 image :D:\\NORTHWOODS\sources\install.wim:1

The RPC IS running

In the end I downloaded and mounted the win 10 64 bit ISO. I can successfully mount it and start the
    Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade. Then it asks for the password - I have NO idea, and it won't allow me just to press "Next" like some sites suggest. I obviously have a registered version of Windows, otherwise
    I would not have been able to download the ISO in the first place. I am frustrated beyond belief. I am unable to adjust sound, play microsoft games. I also get a memory violation error every now and again.

ALL my drivers are up to date. This happened after the latest windows update. I have tried rolling back, but to no avail. The problem remains unchanged.

LAHofmann, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Mounting image usin dism

Am ruuning a win10 and needed to create an iso image for my Hdd but win 10 refuse to mount image on the disk keeps saying access denied even after i have disabled UAC and run as administrator please help asap

OlawaleBamigbolayin, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Dism error when trying to Mount a Win 10 image

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Dism error when trying to Mount a Win 10 image

1. Dism error when trying to Mount a Win 10 image - Similar Threads - Dism error trying

2. DISM 1392 error. When I try to restore the Image, gives back error 1392 too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM 1392 error. When I try to restore the Image, gives back error 1392 too.: C:\>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.19041.3570Image Version: 10.0.19045.3570[=== 6.8% ]Error: 1392The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.The DISM log file can be found at...
  3. DISM 1392 error. When I try to restore the Image, gives back error 1392 too.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM 1392 error. When I try to restore the Image, gives back error 1392 too.: C:\>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.19041.3570Image Version: 10.0.19045.3570[=== 6.8% ]Error: 1392The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.The DISM log file can be found at...
  4. DISM 1392 error. When I try to restore the Image, gives back error 1392 too.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  6. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  7. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Received an error when trying to run DISM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Received an error when trying to run DISM: My laptop had problems after I accidentally turned the power off without the battery. And found about 50+ corrupted system files by doing "sfc /scannow" in safe mode. I'm currently able to boot into the normal Windows but some functions are still not working, I tried to run...
  9. DISM error(syntax incorrect) when trying to mount WIM files..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM error(syntax incorrect) when trying to mount WIM files..: I get this error every time when i try mounting files using DISM, Code: The filename, directory name or Volume label syntax is incorrect.[/quote] earlier there was a problem regarding wimmount.sys driver not found whose path was changed due to Macrium Reflect Free, i...
  10. Mount Image Files

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Mount Image Files: Am I mistaken, or didn't Windows 10 come with an built in application for mounting image files? I have a .bin file that I am not able to mount automatically. Thanks 23752