Windows 10: DISM ERROR

Discus and support DISM ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i did an sfc /scannow and got an error saying some components cant be fixed. So i did a Dism check health and scan health, both said there are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChehadeTannous, May 29, 2020.

1. DISM ERROR

Hi, i did an sfc /scannow and got an error saying some components cant be fixed. So i did a Dism check health and scan health, both said there are no errors. Then i did a dism restorehealth but the operation is completed at 84.9%. Please help i am experiencing a lot of issues with the system as eplorer.exe crashes and apps/files take a very long time to respond.

:)

ChehadeTannous, May 29, 2020

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, May 29, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 29, 2020
  4. RejZoR Win User

DISM ERROR

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, May 29, 2020
Thema:

DISM ERROR

1. DISM ERROR - Similar Threads - DISM ERROR

2. I have error and the code is 0xc0000022 while troubleshoot it, I already do DISM,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have error and the code is 0xc0000022 while troubleshoot it, I already do DISM,...: I have error and the code is 0xc0000022 while troubleshoot it, I already do DISM, SFC/Scannow, Recovery reset this PC, none of those worked for me HELP ME :...
  3. SFC Failed to Repair and DISM shows error 0x800f081f in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    SFC Failed to Repair and DISM shows error 0x800f081f in Windows 10: [ATTACH]One of our readers had an issue in the forum where he reported two […] This article SFC Failed to Repair and DISM shows error 0x800f081f in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. I cannot run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup error code 87

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup error code 87: Hi, I was running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup to debug one of Windows' many problems when I ran into another error: Error 87. Upon careful inspection of the DISM log file, I found that the log file said that error code 0x80070057 had occurred. What's...
  5. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found"

DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found": I have the same exact issue documented in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/resolved-dism-error-0x800f081f-the-source-files/1a58faa1-6e7a-4eac-8327-5e6888e0d57b I am running windows 10 C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism...
  6. DISM>EXE THROWS A ERROR : Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM>EXE THROWS A ERROR : Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the...: [ATTACH] Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\. For more information, review the log file. The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log...
  7. Error: 0x800f0984 Cannot update through Windows Update - DISM and System Checker Error

Error: 0x800f0984 Cannot update through Windows Update - DISM and System Checker Error: Hello, I was having trouble updating through windows update on my pc. This is the error I get, 0x800f0984. I run the system checker through CMD and it is 100% complete but it says there are errors that can't be fixed. I'd like to share the CBS log files but don't know...
  8. DISM /Mount-Image Error 3 "The system cannot find the path specified" does not even say...

DISM /Mount-Image Error 3 "The system cannot find the path specified" does not even say...: The obvious question here is "how do I get around this problem?" I've used DISM to mount and modify images many times in the past and never run into this blockage, and DISM itself gives no clue as to what is causing it or how to get around it. First of all, I know there...
  9. Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk DISM fails with error 0x800F081F

Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk DISM fails with error 0x800F081F: 1. My original hard disk got bad sectors and won't boot. Tried to run recovery options but did not work 2. Cloned it to new disk of same size using Macrium Reflect Free 3. Now can't boot from the cloned disk. 4. Used Windows Bootable USB Media created using Windows Media...
  10. Windows Update Error: 0x80070490. SFC, DISM, Update Troubleshooter, Clean Boot, Safe Mode...

Windows Update Error: 0x80070490. SFC, DISM, Update Troubleshooter, Clean Boot, Safe Mode...: Hello, I am attempting to install Windows Update KB4571756. Upon downloading and installing the update, Windows prompts that a restart is necessary to finish installing the update. When the computer shuts down, the "Working on updates" screen appears, and the completion...