Windows 10: DISM.exe cannot find the file specified

Discus and support DISM.exe cannot find the file specified in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0317134.885 (c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CodyReed288, Oct 14, 2019.

1. DISM.exe cannot find the file specified

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0317134.885

(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.17134.1

Image Version: 10.0.17134.885

[===============83.2%======= ]

The system file cannot find the file specified

c:\windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.17134.1

Image Version: 10.0.17134.885

[===========100.0%========]

The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully.

I ran both of these and even Microsoft troubleshooting online. Downloaded the Window's troubleshooter. Ran the troubleshooter and it said my install issues were resolved yet I am still unable to install Windows update 1903 due to error "0x800700002". I even cleaned my "softwaredistribution" folder. Any advice?

:)

CodyReed288, Oct 14, 2019

2. can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, Oct 14, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Oct 14, 2019
  4. suupre Win User

DISM.exe cannot find the file specified

can't open .exe files windows 10

I can't open it. We are on a domain ad i'm not the administrator.

suupre, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

DISM.exe cannot find the file specified

1. DISM.exe cannot find the file specified - Similar Threads - DISM exe cannot

2. DISM failed to restore health with error The system cannot find the file specified.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM failed to restore health with error The system cannot find the file specified.: HiI have an issue and I need help in determining the root cause.below are the commands I have tried in windows PowerShell using administrative privilegesI have uploaded the CBS and DISM logs as wellDISM: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgpLfXPgmZ4ZzxQjvgjXI_DKNYAB?e=APGklJCBS:...
  3. DISM failed to restore health with error The system cannot find the file specified.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM failed to restore health with error The system cannot find the file specified.: HiI have an issue and I need help in determining the root cause.below are the commands I have tried in windows PowerShell using administrative privilegesI have uploaded the CBS and DISM logs as wellDISM: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgpLfXPgmZ4ZzxQjvgjXI_DKNYAB?e=APGklJCBS:...
  4. DISM failed to restore health with error The system cannot find the file specified.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DISM cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM cannot find the file specified: Hey ive been trying to run DISM checkhealth and restorehealth, the checkhealth runs just fine but the restorehealth just error codes me, I can provide the logs if necessary but this has been goin on for a while now...
  6. DISM cannot find the file specified

DISM cannot find the file specified: Hey ive been trying to run DISM checkhealth and restorehealth, the checkhealth runs just fine but the restorehealth just error codes me, I can provide the logs if necessary but this has been goin on for a while now...
  7. DISM cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. The system cannot find the file specified

The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  9. Repairing Windows - DISM "cannot find the file specified"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repairing Windows - DISM "cannot find the file specified": Background:About a week ago my CPU overheated and crashed the PC, there was also a pending windows update waiting to restart. I've since fixed the issue that caused the overheating, but it seems that some files became corrupted in the process.I've seenRecovery:Msg: The...
  10. DISM: The system cannot find the file specified when the file exists.

in Windows 10 Support
    DISM: The system cannot find the file specified when the file exists.: I used the following lines in a CMD script: Code: If exist "D:\CAB\WinPE-FontSupport-ZH-TW.cab" (echo The font file exists. >> "%Log%") If exist "D:\CAB\lp.cab" (echo The lp file exists. >> "%Log%") DISM /image:%X% /add-package...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth the system cannot find the file specified

2. dism.exe cannot find the file specified

3. dism the system cannot find the file