Windows 10: dism fail

Discus and support dism fail in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi. am trying to type this command : Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth but am getting this... Error: 18 An error occurred while loading DISM.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MOONERALSHABE, Jul 30, 2019.

1. dism fail

hi.
    am trying to type this command : Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    but am getting this...
    Error: 18 An error occurred while loading DISM. The DISM tool may be corrupt. Try reinstalling DISM.

:)

MOONERALSHABE, Jul 30, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 30, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Jul 30, 2019
  4. dism fail

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

dism fail

1. dism fail - Similar Threads - dism fail

2. DISM fails 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM fails 0x800f081f: DISM fails 0x800f081fEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎23/‎02/‎2024 OS build 22631.3155 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22684.1000.0 Issue: 100% Disk Usage POST Clean BootContinual. Start menu no longer supports search functionA full Wipe and...
  3. DISM fails 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM fails 0x800f081f: DISM fails 0x800f081fEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎23/‎02/‎2024 OS build 22631.3155 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22684.1000.0 Issue: 100% Disk Usage POST Clean BootContinual. Start menu no longer supports search functionA full Wipe and...
  4. repair upgrade - keep apps and files not available. DISM also fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    repair upgrade - keep apps and files not available. DISM also fails: I'm working on a friends laptop that is very flakey. Its hard to work on because its continually trying to download and install updates.SFC has found errors.I've tried DISM - source files could not be found. And various fixes - none worked.So I'm trying to do a repair...
  5. repair upgrade - keep apps and files not available. DISM also fails

repair upgrade - keep apps and files not available. DISM also fails: I'm working on a friends laptop that is very flakey. Its hard to work on because its continually trying to download and install updates.SFC has found errors.I've tried DISM - source files could not be found. And various fixes - none worked.So I'm trying to do a repair...
  6. repair upgrade - keep apps and files not available. DISM also fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why is DISM failing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is DISM failing?: Hi,I am trying to repair my operating system with DISM commands. But the command fails and I don't understand why. Can someone explain what is wrong?With best regards,HengzhiIssue specificsWindows 11 can not startup.Automatic start-up repair has failed.SrtTrail.txtSystem...
  8. Why is DISM failing?

Why is DISM failing?: Hi,I am trying to repair my operating system with DISM commands. But the command fails and I don't understand why. Can someone explain what is wrong?With best regards,HengzhiIssue specificsWindows 11 can not startup.Automatic start-up repair has failed.SrtTrail.txtSystem...
  9. DISM failed to restore health with error The system cannot find the file specified.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM failed to restore health with error The system cannot find the file specified.: HiI have an issue and I need help in determining the root cause.below are the commands I have tried in windows PowerShell using administrative privilegesI have uploaded the CBS and DISM logs as wellDISM: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgpLfXPgmZ4ZzxQjvgjXI_DKNYAB?e=APGklJCBS:...
  10. DISM failed to restore health with error The system cannot find the file specified.

DISM failed to restore health with error The system cannot find the file specified.: HiI have an issue and I need help in determining the root cause.below are the commands I have tried in windows PowerShell using administrative privilegesI have uploaded the CBS and DISM logs as wellDISM: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgpLfXPgmZ4ZzxQjvgjXI_DKNYAB?e=APGklJCBS:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism package manager error in operation: source for package or file not found