Windows 10: Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image

Discus and support Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am trying to restore health of my Win 10 Pro image. I downloaded the fresh Win 10 64 bit ISO from MS. Converted the install.esd to install.wim. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sam9, Jan 9, 2019.

1. sam9 Win User

Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image

I am trying to restore health of my Win 10 Pro image. I downloaded the fresh Win 10 64 bit ISO from MS. Converted the install.esd to install.wim. But after running 82.9% Dism is failing with the error that source file could not be found.I first kept install.wim in root directory of D and tried to keep it in root directory of C but nothing worked. My last command was "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\install.wim"

Now what to do?

:)

sam9, Jan 9, 2019

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Eternal safe mode (windows 10)

Yea, but if something corrupts it won't detect anything. I would use the DISM command to check the health and then restore it. I usually just skip the health check and just do a Health restore. Then after the Health restore then I do the sfc /scannow command.

Check Health
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth[/quote] Scan Health
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth[/quote] Restore Health
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] sfc
    Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] first I would do what @Solaris17 said to check his boot record. *Toast :toast: Also, a fresh start and keep his files like you suggested is a good option as well. *Toast :toast: Maybe even check to see if he has any restore points.

Mindweaver, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image

Both Dism and Health Image fail, reporting missing source files

I'm trying to repair a W10 installation, and so I ran Dism. Unfortunately it fails, and reports that it can't locate the source files -

Error - cannot locate the source files:

Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image [​IMG]

The example I used for running Dism:

File Explorer, showing drive G, which was used when I ran Dism:

I then used Image Health tool instead. Unfortunately, this fails too, with the same issue -

I'm not sure if this is important, but the instructions for the Image Health tool says -Step 2: Right-Click IMAGE_HEALTH.CMD > Select Properties > Select Unblock
    When I right clicked on this .cmd file, I couldn't see an option/property that said "Unblock" -

Cmd properties:

Thanks a lot for any advice on this issue!

W10User123, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image

1. Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image - Similar Threads - Dism failing restoring

2. DISM restore health stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM restore health stuck: Hi, When I try to run DISM RestoreHealth, it always gets stuck at 62.3%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restore-health-stuck/e6f165b9-a2c5-4db9-a6fc-dd0eb7a5a733
  3. DISM restore health stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM restore health stuck: Hi, When I try to run DISM RestoreHealth, it always gets stuck at 62.3%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restore-health-stuck/e6f165b9-a2c5-4db9-a6fc-dd0eb7a5a733
  4. DISM restore health not completed ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM restore health not completed ...: My laptop keep getting blue screen and I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to fix itand it does not complete 100%.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restore-health-not-completed/8d7e9633-8f87-49f9-a5af-36407ea473de
  5. DISM restore health not completed ...

DISM restore health not completed ...: My laptop keep getting blue screen and I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to fix itand it does not complete 100%.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restore-health-not-completed/8d7e9633-8f87-49f9-a5af-36407ea473de
  6. DISM restore health stuck at 62.3%.

DISM restore health stuck at 62.3%.: I have run into boot issues recently and finally managed to recover, so to be in safe side I tried the DISM commands, and I was left over at 62.3% for hours. CBS log file is shared below, appreciate if someone could figure out the issue and solve...
  7. Dism restore health stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism restore health stuck: I have done system file checker, sfc scan and I have done check health and scan health. It keeps getting stuck at 62.3% and been in that way for 5 hours. I re-attempted it the next day and the situation is still the same. How would I fix this?...
  8. Dism restore health stuck

Dism restore health stuck: I have done system file checker, sfc scan and I have done check health and scan health. It keeps getting stuck at 62.3% and been in that way for 5 hours. I re-attempted it the next day and the situation is still the same. How would I fix this?...
  9. Dism restore health stuck

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. DISM Restore Health Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Restore Health Error: Unsure if this is the right forum so apologies if not. Been doing my weekly maintenance and came across this when running DISM commands: [img] Basically the "Restore Health" says No component store corrution has been found etc" but it only went up to 99.5% Has...