Windows 10: Dism fails to fix corrupted files , the source files couldn't be found Error: 0x8800f081f

Discus and support Dism fails to fix corrupted files , the source files couldn't be found Error: 0x8800f081f in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG] I contacted Microsoft people through get help option , they installed clean installation of windows 10 by formatting local disk c . It happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MasterThulasinadh, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Dism fails to fix corrupted files , the source files couldn't be found Error: 0x8800f081f

Dism fails to fix corrupted files ,  the source files couldn't be found Error: 0x8800f081f [​IMG]

I contacted Microsoft people through get help option , they installed clean installation of windows 10 by formatting local disk c . It happened after updating to windows 1903 version. I think it happened sftrr updating to cumulative update from 1903 version. What is the solution for this.

:)

MasterThulasinadh, Aug 6, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Aug 6, 2019
  3. RottingButters, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Dism fails to fix corrupted files , the source files couldn't be found Error: 0x8800f081f

Windows Corrupted files sfc and DISM image recovery fails

Hello everyone I have been trying to fix my windows 10 corrupted files but I have been unabled to recover it.
    I tried every possible way of recovering using DISM commands, but to no avail. I tried also the sfc /scannow but as usual this command hardly ever fixes issues regarding corrupted files. I have tried using dism in several ways by specifying the location and the install.esd file from my usb flashdrive windows copy and even tried the health commands on powershell..still wont work.
    The first command I tried and for all of them I get the same error message, which looks like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I have heard people saying that I need to refresh my pc as a last solution and I don't want that since I have all my settings and programs migrated from the upgrade...

Can someone possibly analyze my dism.log file and advise me how to fix the problem? I have been reading on the web that there is a way of specifying the packages missing via command and then download them manually..

I am a software programmer, so it shouldn't be hard to explain me the step by step on how to fix it. I just cant figure out the logfiles..
    Thanks in advance,
    Romulo
    PS: the file is uploaded here : Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

MonogameCoder, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Dism fails to fix corrupted files , the source files couldn't be found Error: 0x8800f081f

1. Dism fails to fix corrupted files , the source files couldn't be found Error: 0x8800f081f - Similar Threads - Dism fails fix

2. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".: I am unable to complete the repair using DISM command tool.My Lap runs Windows 10 version 22H2, build 19045.2364. It has recently started having some problem with windows update showing errors0x80071160 and 0x800706ba.RanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment...
  3. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".: I am unable to complete the repair using DISM command tool.My Lap runs Windows 10 version 22H2, build 19045.2364. It has recently started having some problem with windows update showing errors0x80071160 and 0x800706ba.RanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment...
  4. DISM Source Files Couldn't be Found even if stated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Source Files Couldn't be Found even if stated: Hi, I've tried DISM many, many times since I probably accidentally clicked a bad registry import file. When I stated DISM Sources with Limited Access /limitaccess, DISM ignores the .esd source file in my Windows Installation Media. I have no experience in DISM and what it...
  5. DISM Source Files Couldn't be Found even if stated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Source Files Couldn't be Found even if stated: Hi, I've tried DISM many, many times since I probably accidentally clicked a bad registry import file. When I stated DISM Sources with Limited Access /limitaccess, DISM ignores the .esd source file in my Windows Installation Media. I have no experience in DISM and what it...
  6. DISM Source Files Couldn't be Found even if stated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DISM 'The source files could not be found’

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM 'The source files could not be found’: It gets irritating quite fast, when your system is not responding on a "mail open" or "open terminal" command. Press on a mail you want to open, and see Outlook start with "not responding". Do a right click on the terminal icon to open it as administrator and see nothing...
  8. DISM Source files could not be found, sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Source files could not be found, sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Custom build for a friend. OS: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit MB: MSI Z170-A Pro Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 680 CPU: Intel i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz RAM: 8g Installed OS through bootable USB, as the build has no CD drive. On completion of build I had some driver issues which were...
  9. Dism source files not found

Dism source files not found: I have several problems on my pc and want fix win10 without reinstalling all apps. When I run: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth[/quote] I get Error 87. With: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth[/quote] I get a message, that it can be...
  10. DISM - The source files could not be found

DISM - The source files could not be found: Something is really screwed up with this image. Booting from an USB installation image indicates that it's already part way through an upgrade ???, and to remove the install media, then select 'yes', which then just boots back to the 0xc000021a error. I've now pulled...